Thread: Aftermath Brainstorming

Default Aftermath Brainstorming

I'm looking to throw together an aftermath campaign based on this concept here
    http://aftermath.my-wargames.net/setting.php.
    I don't know much about Warhammer Lore and was hoping some of you might have some Ideas on what the status of various regions should be or where I could find out. From what I read, theres a large undead army standing around and a couple of the empire's eastern counties are in civil war due to heir issues, and ostland, hochland are basically smashed. This is all I've found so far, specifics have been very scarce. I'd like a scenario that won't require much spawn scripting.

Ekaddon's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Aftermath Brainstorming

I have the WD (White Dwarf) magazines with the Storm of Chaos campaign, but check out Lexicanum (www.lexicanum.com) for more information. Info in english is a bit scarce so if you read French or German better check them out!

THIS^

I hope you consider going off-lore. It would be more fun. How about a Vampire War? Or a troll or Skaven invasion?

mw2xboxplayer's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by boatie View Post
    I hope you consider going off-lore. It would be more fun. How about a Vampire War? Or a troll or Skaven invasion?
    I second that, branching off and making your own storyline is always a great way to express your own creativity and shape the Warhammer world to your liking.

If you can think of a good plot, post it here and we'll help you polish it off and help you implement it into a sub-mod.

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

I think there is no official lore on what happened AFTER the Storm. So you might just go wild. My ideas:
    - civil war in Empire
    - Chaos gets divided again after Archaon and his Heralds are slain
    - lore says that the Chaos army under Vardek Crom disappeared after entering Sylvania... So some massive undead Chaos armies under Manfred von Carstein marching for Altdorf would be nice
    - Dark Elves launch a full-scale invasion of the Empire in order to exploit the post-Storm weakness of the Empire... The Empire has to withstand it until a relief force of the High Elves come to help
    - some Chaos Dwarf stacks attack Dwarven settlemetns

And so on
    Last edited by Pietrak; June 04, 2011 at 09:46 AM.

I think a good idea would be to script a major plague or disasters to severely weaken all factions (so it will be hard for the player to maintain his current 6-10 stacks that he had fighting chaos - he will have to reduce these to only 2-4 stacks or be have to go bankrupt). Because of plague, the player gets hit with a loss of 30 - 40 percent population across all provinces. Then you come with an aftermath script. Such a script is already available via SS. So the player has to really consolidate his forces, rebuilt and fight off a new invasion. A Skaven + Vampire + Dark Elves (all from different directions) invasion would be so lovely.