View Poll Results: Was this tutorial useful to you?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was useful

7 87.50%
  • Needs more pics

0 0%
  • Needs more info

0 0%
  • No, It was crap

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Default Re: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

Cool, glad that I didn't make the tutorial wrong

Default Re: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

When I try to change marching music the units don't play anything

Could be for the same reason, what ever it was.

Do you know what you done to make it work?

I think I did something along the lines of rexectracting it into another mod then overiding the origional, I will try that.

It still doesn't work.

When you say it doesn't work, does that mean that the troops play nothing, or that they just play vanilla?

Right now In one mod I have changed the marching music, the front end music, the marching animations (from napoleonic 3), and the musket sounds. The front end music works and so does the musket sounds, but the animations are vanilla, and the troops play nothing.

Have you tried extracting the troops music and seeing if the music actually does play in the file?

Yes it works, when I extract it.
    Last edited by General George S. Patton; July 06, 2011 at 08:18 AM.

This is everyone's last chance to request a tutorial, just post something that you want a tutorial for here and I will try make one.

Cheers DJ

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Detail step by step info about adding selectable faction in the campaign, including necessary changes in the startpos (victory condition, FOW, etc).

Dejay I was wondering if you could help me out with this. So far here is what I've done. I've take the EIC mod, and I wanted to add all the music from Master and Commander to it. I confused, because in this example you only extract that one song. Though I want to add 15 songs. Every time I attempt to create the new pack, it's just not what i want. I want to re-create thew whole music file.

Ok, I figured out what I was doing wrong, yet now have another problem. I have everything set up, and it won't use my music just the games original music. Does my music have to be named something special? I mean like each song.

Well, every sounds and music in the game has to have a set name, you can't put your own name in there. So just rename all your sounds to the same name as what the vanilla ones are called. Does that help?

Yeah, what if I want to keep the vanilla ones? Can I just keep putting in the next number...1,2,3 ect. and is there a limit on how many songs?

I don't think you can add more sounds and music, it's either keep the vanilla ones or replace them with a mod

There could be a DB table for it, but I dont think I have seen one

Dee Jay:

I though you could help me since you made this tutorial.

I'm on the process of making a musket and airgun (because vanilla's it's crap, sounds like a silenced pistol) firing sound mod, turned out to be very realistic.

Already finished muskets, now i'm doing light muskets, have no problem with those. Tried to work on the airgun sounds as well but the sounds have music in the background which its awful.

I'm using AudicityPortable 1.3.13. Any idea how can this be removed? I'm attaching the proyect file of one (aup extension). If you don't have Audicity give it a try and download it's really easy to install and it's not complex to use for basic editing, advanced it's a whole another ball game.

I have got no idea how to edit sound files I have never even tried it.

I would love if you release a tutorial on how can I change musician music, because I can't solve the problem that I have . The sounds that I have added play well, but only one unit per army can play my sounds, the other are STILL playing the vanilla boring drum roll. How can I fix that?
    Tom

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I doubt you'll get an answer after 9 years...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123