View Poll Results: Was this tutorial useful to you?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it was useful

7 87.50%
  • Needs more pics

0 0%
  • Needs more info

0 0%
  • No, It was crap

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Icon2 DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

A Modding Tutorial by Dee Jay

This Tutorial will tell you everything you need to know about how to make your own mod; I’ve tried to make this simple, short, resourceful and with lots of pictures for a beginner modder. Im assuming that you have already read my "Making a Simple Mod" tutorial for this one.

You'll need to download THIS file for this tutorial, it's the music that we will be using to use for the main menu.

Adding Your Own Music

For this Tutorial were going to replace the main menu music with the download file above and put it on your desktop.

Were going to start of by opening the PFM, and opening the sound.pack file in the data folder

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Then go to this directory: sound.pack > front_end_music and then click on the ntw_mus01.mp3 file

Extract that file to your "Mod" folder that you made on your desktop in my "Making a Simple Mod" tutorial (if you dont have it any more just make one on your desktop)

Now, with that music file that you downloaded at the start, were going to rename that the exact same name as the file you just downloaded; ntw_mus01

Next we are going to paste the file you just renamed, over the file you extracted in the "Mod" folder on your desktop.

Make a new pack file using your "Mod" folder (like we did in my "Making a Simple Mod" tutorial) and save it over your old "Mod.pack"

ALL DONE! Now run Napoleon, and listen to the main menu music (the song takes about 20 seconds to start). You can replace that music when ever you want, but the music file that you want to use HAS to be a .mp3 file.

Other Music and Sounds Files

The other sounds and music file are all found in the sound.pack file and are:

sound.pack > music All these are just all the musics in the game, including field musicians music, campaign music, battlefiled music, loading screen music and all that.

sound.pack > sfx All the files are all the sound effects in the game, including weapon sounds, movement and animal sounds.

And just about all the rest are voice actors, for the campaign map, battle map and advisor.

You can replace any of these in the exact same way as I described above but make sure that you are using the right sound format.

Hope you liked this tutorial and learnt some good stuff, Cheers DJ

Default Re: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

Is there anything else anyone wants me to add to this tutorial? And what other tutorials do you all what to see?

Default Re: DJ's Beginner Tutorial To Modding: Adding Your Own Music and Sound Effects

Hi there i was wondering if u could help me , i have managed to do a music mod fine but every time i try to add the marching tunes to the game it does not work , do i need to have it in the same pack as my music mod?? Thanks

H
    Last edited by Scottishtroop; May 23, 2011 at 02:52 AM. Reason: 2 messages sorry

I'm not sure why its doing that, did you remember to save your mod as a mod type of pack?

Did you name the correctly?

Are they the right sounds format?

Ok this is what i did. I extracted the sound pack from the data folder extracted the battle musicians to my desktop replaced the ones inside with my mp3 files , reopened pack manager saved it as a mod changed the name to marchingtunes.pack is that correct???

Did you put your mod in the user.scrpit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Did you put your mod in the user.scrpit?
    Well i use the mod manager

Ok, I guess that does the same thing, Im not sure I have never used it.

But the only problems that I can think of are that you might already have a mod installed that replaces the same files your modding

You didn't name them the correct file, what did you name them by the way???

i named it marchingmod.pack and i named my music musicmod.pack

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishtroop View Post
    Ok this is what i did. I extracted the sound pack from the data folder extracted the battle musicians to my desktop replaced the ones inside with my mp3 files , reopened pack manager saved it as a mod changed the name to marchingtunes.pack is that correct???
    If its battle musicians does it not have to be in wav format? I know the main menu song and everything like that can be in MP3 format, but if its actually musicians then it has to be a WAV file. Am I correct here Deejay?

If so then that is the problem

Actually, these files have to be mp3

Also, Scotishtrooper, what i meant was what did you name the files in your mod?

Did you name them the exact same as the files you extracted?

Just tell me what you named one of them please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Actually, these files have to be mp3

Also, Scotishtrooper, what i meant was what did you name the files in your mod?

Did you name them the exact same as the files you extracted?

Just tell me what you named one of them please.
    ntw_bfm01_march_live_gme Thats one of them m8

sounds right, I was just thinking that you might have accidentally put mp3 at the end, but thats not the case.

Anyway, I have know idea why this is happening, upload the pack file for me to have a look if you'd like

ok where should i upload it to?

Use megaupload I guess, and just paste the link here

Well???

Over the hills...

I will have a look at it once RapidShare decides I have waited long enough lol.

Ok thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast