Thread: HOI2 Do puppet states ever build up their armies?

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

Default HOI2 Do puppet states ever build up their armies?

Playing my first campaign as UK in '36, I liberated Sudan and Jordan because I couldn't really be bothered to defend their worthless desert countries. 5 years later neither of my puppets has built a single military unit, even with Sudan having a huge border with Italian Ethiopia...what am I supposed to do? Will they start building troops if I send them free resources? I don't want to tie down troops for their protection, that defeats the whole purpose of liberating them.

Default Re: HOI2 Do puppet states ever build up their armies?

I haven't played HOI2 and don't know if industrial capacity is the same as HOI3, but something tells me that they don't have a lot of industry.

They've probably barely got enough to product a single infantry unit at a time.

Dude , don't expect Sudan to build a world class military.

Puppet States do build up their armies if they can. As the Soviet Union, my conquered and released Europe had large armies for each nation, they did a lot of the fighting against the capitalist pigs across the pond (though my ~700 divisions carried most of the load)

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by bleach View Post
    Playing my first campaign as UK in '36, I liberated Sudan and Jordan because I couldn't really be bothered to defend their worthless desert countries. 5 years later neither of my puppets has built a single military unit, even with Sudan having a huge border with Italian Ethiopia...what am I supposed to do? Will they start building troops if I send them free resources? I don't want to tie down troops for their protection, that defeats the whole purpose of liberating them.
    Those nations probably have nearly 0 manpower that they simply cannot build any army at all, not to mention the IC problem...

My Spanish puppets generally produce a good chulk of force though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

bleach's Avatar Biarchus

Ok I checked their provinces and they each have only 1 factory so that seems to be the issue. Lame.. I was hoping they could at least pump out a few militia but didn't really know how much production that would take. Oh well at least I don't have to worry about partisans. Thanks for posting.

I played Russia in Kaiserreich DH and my puppet states have armies

PLEASE RESPECT MY ETHNICITY AND RELIGION! -Hunyadi

I build them up a bit before letting them go. Works well.