Thread: [NTW AAR] Call of hope

Default [NTW AAR] Call of hope

The reason I'm starting this topic now is simple. If I don't make a topic, I'm gona lack motivation and incentive to write the AAR and I'm not gona do it, and I really want to

I'm playing NTW Campaign as Poland using Total Factions mod.

Camp difficulty: Hard;
    Battle difficulty: Normal;

Hold me by the tounge, I will write this AAR. I don't think anybody attempted writing as Poland yet, so here is my chance! It will be a tough cookie, as it's surrounded by tons of enemies, but hell... I will try.

Rule is simple: No reloads, if I die, I die... even on autoresolve.

Wish me luck, now to campaign!

Default Re: [NTW AAR] Call of hope

As a starter, I wrote a prologue, enjoy the short extract
    Remember, this AAR is alternative history

Prologue

May 3rd, 1791, Warsaw. Europe’s first bounded, codified, national constitution is signed. Document addressing the “Golden Liberty” well known within the borders of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth; document addressing bribery within the corrupted political system, the army and all other national institutions. This text was a sight of new hope for the people of the commonwealth. A sight civilians and soldiers sought long to see; sight magnates hated.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

A saviour and a foe in one, this very document provoked the sleeping giants, neighbours of the fragile state. Prussia turned its back on the new Poland; people’s Poland. Catherine of Russia marched towards Warsaw, burning the lands on her path. Austria looked at the fragile lands, wanting to cease whatever they could. This constitution that was to bring freedom to all, was the last will and testament of the dying Motherland…

On October 24th, 1795, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth ceased to exist. Their lands portioned between Austria, Prussia and Imperialistic Russia. People enslaved and butchered for their heritage, converted to foreign religions and forced to be a part of a nation that destroyed them. It wasn’t to be. Blood boiled.

On October 24th, 1804, exactly 9 years after the slavery Poles endured from their oppressors, Warsaw stood ablaze. Men, women and children alike all took up arms and fought their persecutors. The Grand kingdom of Poland was established once again. Where Austrians and Prussians forgiven the bloodshed and allowed Poles to live in peace, Russians watched the events bitterly. Poland had to be gone once again. This time, forever…

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Zigus Maximus; May 16, 2011 at 02:01 PM.