Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Campaign battle screenshots and videos

Default Re: Campaign battle screenshots and videos

Kingdoms of the Sand

A Total War Attila campaign battle

Rome II Imperator Augustus campaign pack, Pompey's Rome campaign - Two siege battles

Battle of Patavium 25 BC

Battle of Salona 23 BC

Rome II Imperator Augustus campaign pack, Pompey's Rome campaign - The last three battles of the campaign.

The death of Octavian, 20 BC

Sea battle at Carthage, 20 BC

Battle of Octoduris, 19 BC

Despite gathering 7 armies, Octavian failed to engage Pompey in a decisive battle. He failed even to march into Rome. Instead his armies were scattered in every direction and he ended up stranded in the area of modern Trieste where he was defeated in battle. At least he died a hero's death.A massive sea battle outside Carthage with nearly 100 ships opened up the way to the conquest of Carthage and world domination. The battle of Octoduris was a small battle against the Helvetii, the only pitched battle in the campaign against a non-Roman army. At this point, the campaign was becoming too easy, despite being on "very hard" so I gave it up to return to other projects - the Attila Lakhmid campaign, the Italian Wars and the 1648 mod.

The best thing about Rome II is probably the visuals, they are the most fun part. So although many of these battles were over in minutes and required the intelligence of an amoeba - ok, I am exaggerating, after all I had the Roman army at my disposal - at least I hope they make up for it with the wonderful views, especially those of the fabulous Rome II settlements.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; January 11, 2017 at 03:38 PM.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Noooooo! .. You can't kill Octavian, .. for He's a jolly good fellow!

Joking sorry my dear, great vids here! .. I can't bear naval battles in Rome2 but this one was interesting.

The Italian Wars v.5.0 Battle beta

These are not campaign battles since the full version 5 of the mod is not yet released. They are previews of the Battle beta and since this is a beta, the battle mechanics and units may change. But as the unit models are very seeworthy, I put together three test battles and a bunch of unit previews in this playlist.

By the way, this is not a private thread, anyone can post, if they have videos from campaign battles. I opened this thread to encourage people to share videos of battles from their various campaigns. If you had a great battle in one of your campaigns and managed to record it, post away!

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Noooooo! .. You can't kill Octavian, .. for He's a jolly good fellow!

Joking sorry my dear, great vids here! .. I can't bear naval battles in Rome2 but this one was interesting.
    Thanks Diocle. At least Octavian mercifully died an honourable death as a true soldier. Had I not killed him, he would have been forever remembered as a bandit hiding for several turns in the furthest corner of Italy surrounded by some clueless leves looking to ambush some goats, since they could not ambush anything else with any chance of success.
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; February 13, 2017 at 07:14 PM.

The Italian Wars 4.1 Signoria of Florence / Republic of Tuscany campaign

A few battles from a Tuscany campaign, as it says on the tin.

Sallying out of Piombino to attack a retreating French army that had put Piombino under siege. A relief force is coming to our aid.

Siege of Lucca. The defenders sally out and the besieging army rushes into battle.

Besieging Genova held by the French with an allied Milanese army coming to our aid.

The full playlist is here

Two online siege battles

Two online siege battles using the Southern European fortress. Both are assaults on the southern European fortress with 3 attacking and 2 defending armies. In the first one, we attacked with 3 English armies and if I remember correctly, there were unlimited funds, so all units have maxed-out upgrades. I also believe there was a rule of two batteries of artillery per attacker, one per defender. It was a terrible grind on account of the high morale of all units and their upgraded defense stats - and a bloodbath.

In the second battle, funds were limited to 15,000 florins per side. In this case I was attacking using my favourite faction, the Turks. This was a more fluid battle and could have been an easy victory, if my allies were more aggressive. Under the circumstances, it also turned out to be a very bloody battle for my own army.

Three battles from a Kingdom of Sweden campaign, from the 1648 mod

Battle of Five Armies, near Greiz, with over 10,000 men on the battlefield

Battle against the future Kaiser, Ferdinand-Ernst von Habsburg, near Breitenfeld

Gustavus-Adolphus v Albrecht Wallenstein in a battle outside Weimar

Siege of Brundisium, a very crucial battle with 4 armies and the garrison units of Brundisium from a Rome II Epirus campaign.

Warning: fps can slow down at times.

Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; April 28, 2018 at 08:24 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345