Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Hellenistic Era: Total war

Mirconus the Great's Avatar Civis

Default The Hellenistic Era: Total war

So, here is the mod: a period between 300 BC and 180 BC, ilustrating the struggle in the Greece, Middle East and Near East between the succesors of Alexander for power.
    The map should cover the whole territory from Greece to Western India and from Byzantium to Middle Egypt.
    The factions should be:
    Macedon (the small territory of Pella and Southern Thrace, ruled by Alexander's son and wife)
    The Antigonid Empire (Macedon of the original Rome:TW)
    The Seleucid Empire
    The Ptolemaic Empire (Egypt)
    The Attalid kingdom (first a part of the Antigonid empire, then of the Seleucid's, Pergamum finally revolted and made its own kingdom)
    Galatia (a celtic kingdom in central Asia Minor)
    Kingdom of Pontus
    Kingdom of Armenia
    Kingdom of Parthia
    The Aetolian League (a Greek League, rulling Aetolia and Epyrus)
    The Achaeian League (a Greek League, controlling the Peloponessus and Attica)
    Bactriana (an eastern-converted Hellenistic kingdom, situated Eastwards from the Caspian Sea)
    Gedrosia (an eastern-converted Hellenistic kingdom, situated between the Gulf and India)
    Rhodos (a small, but powerful greek kingdom, rulling the island with the same name)
    Maurya (an Indian dinasty)
    Arabia (the many Arabian tribes, unified in a faction)

For this project, i need:
    2 or 3 skinners
    1 researcher
    3 modellers
    3 script/campaign editors
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Sorry my friend, there's another mod, similar to this, Hegemonia ( but instead of 300 BC and 180BC, is from 520-I can't remember), you can ask them to work together, and make an expansion about this era.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Quote Originally Posted by bestantreas
    Sorry my friend, there's another mod, similar to this, Hegemonia ( but instead of 300 BC and 180BC, is from 520-I can't remember), you can ask them to work together, and make an expansion about this era.
    i dont think so.....its a whole different concept
    ....i do remember though that even since medieval1 there was the "diadochoi" mod which was renamed to "successors" in an attempt to be developed for rtw, but failed and the team was resolved....

"Mirconus the Great", maybe u could try to contact former members so they can give u their progress....
    but unless u have some serious modding skills or a big/capable/experienced team, dont bother to plan any new mod i shall say
    ...but innocence was lost long ago

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

you could PM the former members of the dead mod Diodochoi/successors Total War, they might have material relevant to your project...

Forgot to say that the mod should work on RTW (not bi)v1.5. This will make modding it easier...
    Last edited by Mirconus the Great; March 03, 2006 at 02:23 AM.
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Now, i'm going to ask for a mod subforum...
    Anybody else wants to join the project?
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

I'm afraid it's a bit early for a own sub-forum just yet.

We want to see progress, the idea, who is making the mod, screenshots, descriptions etc.

Once we see that there is progress made in the mod (skins/models/functionatilites) and the public takes a notice (the thread becomes popular), we can offer you a space. Again we only give spaces for people who are already in progress and can show something to the forum visitors.

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Oh, I understand... No problem... In one week (perhaps) i'll post some screenshots a.o. (it's too early to post anything now, 'cause i haven't skinned yet...)
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Here's my first skin. It looks a bit noob, i know... But it's my first one and i'm proud of it!
    They are some Pindic warriors.
    Next, it's gonna be a Macedonian Pindic pikemen skin
    Last edited by Mirconus the Great; March 12, 2006 at 09:58 AM.
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Here are the Pindic warriors i promissed! Any comments? (i know that the shield look )

YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Not bad for a start. Wish you guys all the best of luck on yet another hellenic mod!!

P.S Anyone has any idea on when the CA (alexander) expansion will be out?
    "The Age Of Roma Shall End, The Age Of Hellas Shall Rise Again"

"Go tell the Spartans, stranger passing by, that here obident to their Laws we lie"
    -Monument dedicated to the 300 Spartans and 700 Thespians who fell to the last man defending the pass at Thermopylae

Quote Originally Posted by Gunno_Desk
    Not bad for a start. Wish you guys all the best of luck on yet another hellenic mod!!

P.S Anyone has any idea on when the CA (alexander) expansion will be out?
    No... But, if they do it soon, then my mod will be useless .
    However, i'm ready for it, cause i have other ideas which i can use!

Next, other skins which are derived from original ones (same bases, colours changed). After showing your more of these, i'll start editing the names of the factions, splashes (i don't think i'll change recruitement) and, then, another faction...
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Perhaps you should join our mod, (Mediterranean Total War) because it's roughly the same concept.

“Sweat saves blood, blood saves lives, and brains saves both.” -Johannes Erwin Eugen Rommel.

"In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love; they had five hundred years of democracy and peace and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock."

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysios II The Great
    Perhaps you should join our mod, (Mediterranean Total War) because it's roughly the same concept.
    I just wanna try this mod my way (it can't correspond roughly - the same factions or units).
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Some more skins:
    -phalanx pikemen, peltasts and archers

-this is how a Macedonian should look on the strat map (the white guy)
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

Please vote (terrible, bad, average, good or excellent) if you want this mod to be continued. If the average is under 3.00, it will die, if the average is above or equal with 3.00, i will continue modding in this project. If not, i will start creating a new mod: Croesus Total War.
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

For me HTW can be an excellent Mod.Compliments for your good work!!!!!

Thanks, Alessandro. However, continue voting.
    YES, I DO LOVE ANTIQUITY

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

Mirconus i love the era,this mod is going to be for,continue it!!it is the same as the successor total war which now is dead!!nevermind hope you make it!!good luck to you!!
    Last edited by SARMATIAN LEADER; March 23, 2006 at 12:07 PM.

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

if you get the succsessors mods work then all power to you go right ahead.

but if your already doubting yourself then don't make a comitment you don't fully want to see through

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast