Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If the forces of good and evil met...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: If the forces of good and evil met...

Quote Originally Posted by creedastic View Post
    Didn't all of the Dwarves get wiped out by the goblins, and at the battle of Helms Deep, All of the Elves? Died. (I'm not really sure what type of elves they were.)
    All dwarves in Moria were wiped out, yes, but many still lived in other mountain strongholds.

The elven reinforcements at Helm's Deep only occurred in the movie. I'm more going off of the books because the forces of good in the movies are woefully inadequate.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

creedastic's Avatar Laetus

Wasn't it about 2,000 vs 10,000 at helms deep in the book

Hamilicar's Avatar Tiro

I Thought it was 300 men vrs 10,000 but i may be getting my figures mixed up because of the movies

creedastic's Avatar Laetus

you sure thats not Sparta? lol

niko21's Avatar Civis

hey there were dwarfs left in erebor cuz in book one nazgul went there and the dwarfs told it where the shire was.And in battle of helms deep only some elves from lorien still there were gray havens more lorien guys rivendel and mirkwood.tought mirkwood almost dead.but for the dakr side the southrons and easterlings lost many in minas tirith but they were many umbar were killed by aragorn and others so they were there also than there are the rangers aragorn brought and the knights of dol amoroth.but isengard is dead at the battles time or is it? would saruman be there?that is a big question then whatabout the huge amounts of goblins in moria? i mean rly HUGE.well i still think evil would remain undefeated

The dwarves are fine durin that period there attacked to but end up working with elfs and driving back the evil armys that assault them.
    Same for the elves there attacked but working with dwarfs they win and the elves at helms deep is only a small force of galadhrim there were far more of them then that tiny force but they were needed to defend the forests.

Im kinda cobbling together here but going from a mix of the books movies and the games you can more or less piece together a wider picture of what happened at that point ( middle earth 2 is based entirely on the dwarfs and elves battles of that period ).

I still say good wins aslong as they pick the right terrain to fight on.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

For people who think dwarfs wont fight for any other cause other than thier own needs to read more closely to or more LOTR books (simillarion ? forget my spelling , as well as the hobbit ) they will fight if they arent being attacked and busy with whats at thier door step (Erebor constantly has to deal with easterling invasions , but still manages to ally with mirkwood / Lorein to take on Dol guildor in the third age , known as war in the North during the War of the ring period, hence why in the movie legolas said to Gimli when Gimli said he wanted to muster his own dwarf legion . "I fear war is already upon your people")

Then not forget Dwafs fought in the first age against morgorth and countless times in the other ages where they have to fight along side elves or even men , like then Battle of the five armies in the hobbit , and many more instance where they didnt have to fight but they chose to

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    For people who think dwarfs wont fight for any other cause other than thier own needs to read more closely to or more LOTR books (simillarion ? forget my spelling , as well as the hobbit ) they will fight if they arent being attacked and busy with whats at thier door step (Erebor constantly has to deal with easterling invasions , but still manages to ally with mirkwood / Lorein to take on Dol guildor in the third age , known as war in the North during the War of the ring period, hence why in the movie legolas said to Gimli when Gimli said he wanted to muster his own dwarf legion . "I fear war is already upon your people")

Then not forget Dwafs fought in the first age against morgorth and countless times in the other ages where they have to fight along side elves or even men , like then Battle of the five armies in the hobbit , and many more instance where they didnt have to fight but they chose to
    While true, the events you describe in the first age happened many thousands of years before the events of the books. The dwarves of the Third Age are not the dwarves of the First.

As for the events of the Third Age, they're holdings are under threat. That's why they are fighting. Some of the other instances that I can recall from the Third Age involved the death of a dwarf leader, I believe, which is why the dwarves went to war.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123