Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If the forces of good and evil met...

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default If the forces of good and evil met...

I had this thread going on in TATW forum and their answers were all interesting. I'm wondering what you all think about this.

On an open battlefield, how many soldiers do you think each faction could send?

I mean all dwarves, elves, the various men, hobbits against all orcs, Uruks, Goblins, and evil men.

In other words, what do you think the total amount of forces of good in good enough condition to fight could be brought forth to fight the evil forces.

Moreover, who do you think would win?

I'm talking around the end of the Third Age for the timeline.

Curious what people think.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: If the forces of good and evil met...

of course, if everything is fine with the good forces, elves will shred those orcs from afar, and dwarves took the rest in close combat. Men would make up the numbers and fill up the gaps. Evil will lost utterly

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Dwarfes and elves could only send small forces. I actually don't think that the dwarfs would send many. Same counts for men. Half those bastard would try to save their own skin instead of fighting. For the orcs and uruks and goblins and other foul men/creatures. If they had enough time, all would come. And all woud be 1-2 million. Against max 40.000 goodies. Of course goodies would have 'sun bonus', better training and weaponry, great heroes,...

Goodies would get creamed if the Valar don't help!
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by timpi View Post
    Dwarfes and elves could only send small forces. I actually don't think that the dwarfs would send many. Same counts for men. Half those bastard would try to save their own skin instead of fighting. For the orcs and uruks and goblins and other foul men/creatures. If they had enough time, all would come. And all woud be 1-2 million. Against max 40.000 goodies. Of course goodies would have 'sun bonus', better training and weaponry, great heroes,...

Goodies would get creamed if the Valar don't help!
    I think this guy is right , every men will fight for his own life so most of them will flee to the hills, the dwarfs are too busy with their mining, and the good days of elvs are over, the bad guys are created to kill so that what they will do fight to the death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    So you have reached the "NANANANANA I AM NOT LIZTENING, YOU ARE WRONG" phase. Just a couple of posts back you were bragging about how the Persians lost because of their inferiority, now you're saying you don't care?
    BOM to Kakabis
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=484498
    my AAR, please check it out

Blog Entries

Okay, well let's ASSUME that the entire muster of good forces were sent to dispatch the forces of Sauron, Saruman, and everyone else.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

I have a question, everyone seen the lotr movies right? I am assuming so, in the first film when they show the battle of the last alliance...HOW IN THE HELL are there more men and elves during that time and barely any in the third age?!! you'd think population would increase??

DiZaster's Avatar Civis

There were more people in second age then in the third.
    The army that u see in the movie ,consisted of people of Arnor and Gondor+Elves,ARNOR!..During the Battle of the Morannon,a big part of men of arnor died,then after the war there was a plague(smth like that),again..the population diminished,and after this plague ..the witch king made the Angmar kingdom and fought a victorious war against the remaining people of Arnor. From them remained only Hobbits(ok,they are not numenorean men,but they fought at their side at the battle of Fornost) and a small number of Rangers,others had fled to Gondor.

In gondor was also a plague,when Osgiliath was left by its people.
    Elves,the most part of them had left for the Undying Lands,others died in the battle of morannon.

Respect mai autoritai!..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DiZaster View Post
    There were more people in second age then in the third.
    The army that u see in the movie ,consisted of people of Arnor and Gondor+Elves,ARNOR!..During the Battle of the Morannon,a big part of men of arnor died,then after the war there was a plague(smth like that),again..the population diminished,and after this plague ..the witch king made the Angmar kingdom and fought a victorious war against the remaining people of Arnor. From them remained only Hobbits(ok,they are not numenorean men,but they fought at their side at the battle of Fornost) and a small number of Rangers,others had fled to Gondor.

In gondor was also a plague,when Osgiliath was left by its people.
    Elves,the most part of them had left for the Undying Lands,others died in the battle of morannon.
    Yes what he said. War, plague, and the passage of 3,000 years greatly reduced the Men (noticeably the stronger Dunedain) and especially the Elves and Dwarves.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

If all the allies came together (Elves, men dwarves and what not) they could probably field about 80,000 people if that.
    Evil could field easily 500,000 not counting the really badass creatures like dragons.
    Good:
    Approximately 3,000 Elves.
    Approximately 5,000 Dwarves.
    Approximately 15,000 Rohirrim.
    Approximately 60,000 Gondorians.

Evil:
    Approximately 15,000 Saruman Uruk-hai.
    Approximately 50,000 Sauon Uruk-hai.
    Approximately 300,000 Orcs.
    Approximately 100,000 Goblins.
    Approximately 9 Fellbeasts.
    Approximately 12 Dragons.
    Approximately 10,000 Spiders.
    Approximately 20,000 Haradrim.
    Approximately 30 Mumakil.
    Approximately 25,000 Easterlings.

In a pitched battle evil would win quite easily..
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    If all the allies came together (Elves, men dwarves and what not) they could probably field about 80,000 people if that.
    Evil could field easily 500,000 not counting the really badass creatures like dragons.
    Good:
    Approximately 3,000 Elves.
    Approximately 5,000 Dwarves.
    Approximately 15,000 Rohirrim.
    Approximately 60,000 Gondorians.

Evil:
    Approximately 15,000 Saruman Uruk-hai.
    Approximately 50,000 Sauon Uruk-hai.
    Approximately 300,000 Orcs.
    Approximately 100,000 Goblins.
    Approximately 9 Fellbeasts.
    Approximately 12 Dragons.
    Approximately 10,000 Spiders.
    Approximately 20,000 Haradrim.
    Approximately 30 Mumakil.
    Approximately 25,000 Easterlings.

In a pitched battle evil would win quite easily..
    yh but good factions have Galadriel, being the most powerful person in Middle Earth after Sauron himself, even though she is just an elf, her powers are far greater of the ones of any maiar, so i think she can protect with her powers good armys like she protected Lorien from any attack sent from Dol Guldur...
    If u have counted 9 Fellbeasts, that means u can count all eagles (i think there were 12 eagles im not sure)... Than u have forget Gandalf who is Maia, like u have forget beorings too..
    and 12 Dragons? as i know last of dragons were Smaug who was killed by Bard the bowmen at Laketown

and sorry for my bad english (:

I do not know much about LoTR history so I was not sure about the dragons.
    Also if we are counting Galadriel then we must also count Sauron and possibly even his master Morgoth right?
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"

sauron can not get hes psihical form and morgoth has died in 1st age so u cant count them (as i understand this topic, we r talking about end of 3rd age)

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

good guys win
    you forgot the place with all the "golden" elves and "gods"

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post
    sauron can not get hes psihical form and morgoth has died in 1st age so u cant count them (as i understand this topic, we r talking about end of 3rd age)
    Morgoth isn't actualy dead but I get your point.
    Based on that we have to remove all the good guys apart from Rohan and Gondor.
    The Elves are unlikely to help and Galadriel will not leave her woods.
    The Dwarves won't help.
    Gandalf is powerful but his full power is forbidden.
    The Beornings also would be unlikely to join.
    Evil again wins.

This thread is about ALL evil versus ALL good therefore we must take into account every single one that was alive(or technically alive) at the end of the Third Age.
    Sauron may not be there in physical form but you can bet that he would be using his powers to help.

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    Morgoth isn't actualy dead but I get your point.
    Based on that we have to remove all the good guys apart from Rohan and Gondor.
    The Elves are unlikely to help and Galadriel will not leave her woods.
    The Dwarves won't help.
    Gandalf is powerful but his full power is forbidden.
    The Beornings also would be unlikely to join.
    Evil again wins.

This thread is about ALL evil versus ALL good therefore we must take into account every single one that was alive(or technically alive) at the end of the Third Age.
    Sauron may not be there in physical form but you can bet that he would be using his powers to help.
    crap >.< u r right she wouldnt leave her woods, dwarfs dont have interest in peoblems of other races...

so if forces r like u have said before, evil will win..

@ Hopit: u cant count Valinor thay will not help middle-earth cuz thay have already sent 5 maiar there but with limited powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Prdo View Post
    crap >.< u r right she wouldnt leave her woods, dwarfs dont have interest in peoblems of other races...

so if forces r like u have said before, evil will win..

@ Hopit: u cant count Valinor thay will not help middle-earth cuz thay have already sent 5 maiar there but with limited powers...
    1. ALL good and ALL evil
    2. never was limited to middle-earth
    3. number 1 and 2

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

There is only one guy who wins...and that is the one who will write that script.
    money money money
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

depend what the Professor said

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Clagius's Avatar Campidoctor

Sauron would win.. if he had his psychical form. Otherwise elves would come and vanquish Orcs from the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonian View Post
    Sauron would win.. if he had his psychical form. Otherwise elves would come and vanquish Orcs from the earth.
    you forgot valinor
    they will bust saurons ass

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast