Thread: New Official HOI3:SF Beta Patch Out

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default New Official HOI3:SF Beta Patch Out

Just an FYI for people who browse this forum and not the official Paradox one. A new patch has been released for HOI3: Semper Fi, 2.04f. If you have a PI forum account and registered your game, you can get the patch here. Instructions on how to install the patch are also included in that post.

The patch fixes a LOT of supply problems, like the supply and fuel black holes Japan experiences in China. It also fixes the bug where if Hungary joins the Axis, it loses all of its supplies and is supplied from Berlin instead of Budapest. It also fixes the Peru/Ecuador war which hasn't worked since the game came out. Here's the exact changelog:

- Fixed US occupation of Greenland trigger.
    - Fixed a bug with landlocked minor alliance members losing control of their own supplies.
    - Fixed another bug with secondary convoy entry ports and overshipping.
    - Supply System: Fixed a serious bug with the shipping back of supplies to the supplier province.
    - Fixed a bug with massive overproduction of supplies from allied/puppet capitals which are not the area supplier province.
    - Added automatic ship back of redundant supplies and fuel from old convoy end points to the capital.
    - Fixed a bug with estimated supply and fuel needs in secondary convoy end points for the automatic convoy setup.
    - invasion_of_ecuador decision checks PRU controls province 9975.
    - Fixed an issue with ai sometimes flipping decisions due to very large negative results.
    - Fixed a random crash when ai updates theater fronts.
    Last edited by TheBromgrev; May 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: New Official HOI3:SF Beta Patch Out

Sounds like a good patch. Do you have any idea if the patch will work for Steam if I just apply it to that folder?
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Thankyou. I don't usually bother looking for patches. You're a Jesus for HOI3.

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    Sounds like a good patch. Do you have any idea if the patch will work for Steam if I just apply it to that folder?
    It will, I tried it before I made this thread It should be available through Steam within the next month or so. PI typically puts their patches in the Beta stage for a month in order to get feedback, then if the patch is good they'll send it to the online retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Thankyou. I don't usually bother looking for patches. You're a Jesus for HOI3.
    Thanks This patch is special because it's a back-port for SF owners. PI announced that it fixed these problems for the next expansion, but decided to make the patch available for people who own the SF expansion instead of making it only available for the next one. That way people who've already bought the game can have a major bug be fixed without paying for the next expansion.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    It will, I tried it before I made this thread It should be available through Steam within the next month or so. PI typically puts their patches in the Beta stage for a month in order to get feedback, then if the patch is good they'll send it to the online retailers.
    Sweet. Going to have to install this tomorrow, then.

Thanks This patch is special because it's a back-port for SF owners. PI announced that it fixed these problems for the next expansion, but decided to make the patch available for people who own the SF expansion instead of making it only available for the next one. That way people who've already bought the game can have a major bug be fixed without paying for the next expansion.
    Is there an ETA on For the Motherland then?m I'm anxiously waiting for Paradox to take my money for it.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Quote Originally Posted by HissingNewt View Post
    Is there an ETA on For the Motherland then?m I'm anxiously waiting for Paradox to take my money for it.
    All I know for certain is that it'll be released in the 2nd quarter of this year, so sometime between now and the end of June. There's a lot of speculation that it'll be released on June 22, the anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, but that hasn't been confirmed or denied.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    All I know for certain is that it'll be released in the 2nd quarter of this year, so sometime between now and the end of June. There's a lot of speculation that it'll be released on June 22, the anniversary of Operation Barbarossa, but that hasn't been confirmed or denied.
    Scratch that, here's a link to the official release dates for all Paradox titles this year: http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-title-line-up

Looks like FtM will come out on June 28.