Thread: Has someone played a bridge battle?

Default Has someone played a bridge battle?

Has someone played a bridge battle in campaign map? If yes pls tell me your opinion and against which AI faction you have played.
    In custom battles the bridge battle AI is different as it seems so pls tell me only for campaign.

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Yep in DM 6.9 I'm playin as Julii on h/m and had like 5 bridge battles against the Gauls near Messana full stack against full stack mostly. Won 'em all, but had quite nasty casualties.
    I have to say I noticed a big improvement of the AI compared to previous DM 5.8. AI now attacks instantly from the start of the battle giving little time for player to position the defence - the best possible attacking infantry tries to rush through the bridge, while archers and skirmishers give covering fire. The AI attacks 'en masse' and I almost lost one battle cause AI broke through my center lines holding the bridge. Oh and while on the bridge AI stops and taunts - very nice morale bonus. Also when AI routs it doesn't run to the player's side of bridge but back to theirs'.
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

I fought countless bridge battles against the Gauls and the Macedonians playing as the Julii. The AI's bridge assault tactics are improved and it makes the bridge battles more intense. Thanks Darth.

Only 1 with greek hoplites and archers agaisnt Seleucid.
    Almost didnt had time to place My hoplites on the bridge as Seleucids ruched.
    " make it worst, their cavalary waited for long!!! outside My archer's range and then near the end when I thought that My hoplites would hang on they charged sudenly with such a vigor that routed them.
    Archers on skimirsh started to run way and as I had reenforcments coming I still beleave I would win.
    Unfortunalty a cdt (I was using older omega drivers and all sett to max, my guess that was 2 much to my comp) ended the battle 2 soon but it was the 1st time I was really smached during a bridge defense!