Thread: Administratively Minded Underclassmen and Education Builds -- Is there really an effect?

Default Administratively Minded Underclassmen and Education Builds -- Is there really an effect?

From reading the opening notes on family members, I have the impression that they can benefit from being in a settlement with education buildings like schools. So Whenever a family member comes of age, I find myself rushing him off into a settlement with a school so he can "get educated".
    But the more I play, the less it appears to me that this is so, or at least isn't doesn't appear to make any difference to the members traits.
    Am I just not noticing it, or do schools really have little effect? For that matter, do any of the "higher education" buildings like libraries or Military academies have an effect?

YD23's Avatar Cторожевая Cобака.

Default Re: Administratively Minded Underclassmen and Education Builds -- Is there really an effect?

I noticed this as well. Also, the random events, like the priest council meeting when you spend 1500 doesn't seem to do anything at all to benefit my characters.

Default Re: Administratively Minded Underclassmen and Education Builds -- Is there really an effect?

There are some traits that are obtained by the schools but it affects ancillaries more- brilliant scribe, tutor, treasurer, etc. Administratively minded FM have a higher chance of gaining beneficial traits while the military academies are good for some nice traits in the late game.

I think schools also affects princesses but I haven't looked that up to verify.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ichon View Post
    There are some traits that are obtained by the schools but it affects ancillaries more- brilliant scribe, tutor, treasurer, etc. Administratively minded FM have a higher chance of gaining beneficial traits while the military academies are good for some nice traits in the late game.

I think schools also affects princesses but I haven't looked that up to verify.
    if u get universities and such, you can get a bachelor of arts trait and some other ones for the rest...which are like an improvement on the basic western/eastern education.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by YD23 View Post
    I noticed this as well. Also, the random events, like the priest council meeting when you spend 1500 doesn't seem to do anything at all to benefit my characters.
    The priest council meeting gives a bonus to priests - they get one point piety, not sure through which trait though. It's not for characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

just piety for priests for priest council event(s). +1 charm for princess if located in capital and u accept the troubadour event(s). +1xp to knights located in capital if u accept tourney event(s)

Too bad I never have princesses or knights in the capital when the events happen. Where do the priests have to be to gain the Piety? I've never seen it happen.

If it still works like the original event then you have to be in a certain radius (xx tiles) around the capitol to be considered for the traits gained from the event.

How big is that radius? And is it from your current capital or the one you started with?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    How big is that radius? And is it from your current capital or the one you started with?
    Current. Please check the RR/RC EDCT file yourself as I ain't got it installed currently. This is how it looks in one of my installs:
    ;============== Interactive Events ======================
    ;------------ Trade_Fairs ------------------
    Trigger great_fair_accepted
    WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd

Condition CharacterIsLocal
    and DistanceCapital <= 50
    and I_EventCounter great_fair_accepted > 0

Affects GoodTrader 12 Chance 50
    Affects GoodMerchant 1 Chance 50

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger great_fair_refused

and I_EventCounter great_fair_declined > 0

Affects BadTrader 1 Chance 75
    Affects ServesSelfMerchant 1 Chance 75

;------------ Tourneys ------------------
    Trigger great_tourney_accepted_leader

and IsFactionLeader
    and I_EventCounter great_tourney_accepted > 0

Affects StrategyChivalry 1 Chance 50
    Affects Energetic 1 Chance 50

;---------------------------------------
    Trigger great_tourney_accepted_general

and IsGeneral
    and not IsFactionLeader

Affects HaleAndHearty 3 Chance 50
    Affects ContentGeneral 1 Chance 100
    Affects Energetic 1 Chance 50

Trigger great_tourney_accepted_princess

and AgentType = princess

Affects FairWoman 1 Chance 50

Trigger great_tourney_refused_leader

and IsFactionLeader
    and I_EventCounter great_tourney_declined > 0

Affects Slothful 1 Chance 50

Trigger great_tourney_refused_general

and IsGeneral
    and not IsFactionLeader
    and Attribute Chivalry > 3
    and I_EventCounter great_tourney_declined > 0

Affects DiscontentGeneral 1 Chance 50

;------------ Great Councils ------------------
    Trigger great_council_accepted_leader

and IsFactionLeader
    and I_EventCounter great_council_accepted > 0

Affects ReligiousActivity 1 Chance 50

Trigger great_council_accepted_priest

and AgentType = priest
    and DistanceCapital <= 60
    and I_EventCounter great_council_accepted > 0

Affects Dogmatic 1 Chance 100
    Affects StrongFaith 1 Chance 25

;------------ Troubadours ------------------
    Trigger troubadours_accepted_leader

and IsFactionLeader
    and I_EventCounter troubadours_event_accepted > 0

Affects StrategyChivalry 1 Chance 50
    Affects Poet 1 Chance 25
    Affects Cultured 1 Chance 25

Trigger troubadours_accepted_princess

and AgentType = princess
    and I_EventCounter troubadours_event_accepted > 0

Affects FairWoman 1 Chance 50
    Affects FaithfulWoman 1 Chance 50

Trigger troubadours_refused_leader

and IsFactionLeader
    and I_EventCounter troubadours_event_declined > 0

Affects StrategyDread 1 Chance 50
    Affects Miserly 1 Chance 50

Trigger troubadours_refused_princess

and AgentType = princess
    and I_EventCounter troubadours_event_declined > 0

Affects VapidWoman 1 Chance 50
    Affects BadPrincess 1 Chance 50

Well, while we're on the subject of buildings, what effects do guilds have? Theologians guilds, Explorers Guild or Merchants Guilds? Do they effect the city or the faction?

only the city why do you sound like you never played m2tw?

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    only the city why do you sound like you never played m2tw?
    Oh I do play. Maybe not as much as or as well as most of you guys, but I do play.
    It's just that while I'm playing I really wonder about some of these events and buildings.
    Honestly, what you just stated directly contradicts what I have read in other threads. I know I've read elsewhere in guides that the only guild that effects the city is the merchant's guild. All others effect the faction, so only one of each guild is needed. Now you tell me something totally different.
    I just can't help but be curious about how all the different sub-mods of the Stainless Steel Mod have effected everything.
    But when I play, it honestly seems like most buildings/events/guilds really have no effect ---- hence my original question to open this thread.
    And really, what the hell does an explorer's guild do?

And finally, In addition to my curiosity, I'm just trying to bring a little activity to this forum. Things appear a little slow of late.

But if you'd rather I'd just keep it to myself........................................

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    Well, while we're on the subject of buildings, what effects do guilds have? Theologians guilds, Explorers Guild or Merchants Guilds? Do they effect the city or the faction?
    Depends on the guildlevel (HQ or not) and the bugginess of the feature. I actually can't think of a global (factionwide) guildbonus that is properly working right now...

Moneybags14's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Phil of Loreauville View Post
    This should help you out, it definately helped me. Guide for Guilds

The Swordsmiths' Guild HQ actually works. The Horse Breeders' doesn't.