Thread: Paganism

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Default Paganism

I noticed how you guys divided up Paganism into sub-divisions, but you didn't get rid of the original Paganism.
    So, for example, as my Frisian king is "Pagan", my whole nation is in almost perpetual rioting because they are "Germanic Paganism". This is going to be fixed in the next version right?

Default Re: Paganism

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastScythian View Post
    I noticed how you guys divided up Paganism into sub-divisions, but you didn't get rid of the original Paganism.
    So, for example, as my Frisian king is "Pagan", my whole nation is in almost perpetual rioting because they are "Germanic Paganism". This is going to be fixed in the next version right?

Done

Ive giving The Frisians several sacred groves to worship under their religion. I just need to give proper descriptions to them. I may need to do this with the Thuringians and Alemanni..I need to check them and if so Ill just add em to
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have gotten to 567,792 things but,..I still need to get to 572, 897 Things! lol
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 12, 2011 at 10:45 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Ah, cool. Thanks.

Will the traits for their adoption sons also change? Because now Frisian Rulers always get pagan sons and almost never Germanic pagans?
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Inanimatus View Post
    Will the traits for their adoption sons also change? Because now Frisian Rulers always get pagan sons and almost never Germanic pagans?
    I've giving the rulers of all the Germanic faction rulers the Germanic Pagan trait to start off with. Their lands will now be predominantly Germanic Pagan. The Sons will also inherit that

How about the AOR will presented adoption sons have that trait too, only 1 in 10 so far had different religion trait.
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Now, lots of settlements are still "pagan". There doesn't seem to be much penalty, but, it still looks funny.
    Perhaps you should just remove the generic vanilla "Pagan" religion from all the religion stuff altogether?

Black_Nebula's Avatar Tiro

Ireland is straight pagan.
    "I find your lack of faith...disturbing" -DV

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Nebula View Post
    Ireland is straight pagan.
    I believe it's supposed to be completely Celtic Christian at this time.
    After St. Patrick and that-other-saint who-I-can't-remember, Ireland was almost free of the "snakes".
    I've always loved the St. Patrick & Snakes symbology....

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastScythian View Post
    I believe it's supposed to be completely Celtic Christian at this time.
    After St. Patrick and that-other-saint who-I-can't-remember, Ireland was almost free of the "snakes".
    I've always loved the St. Patrick & Snakes symbology....
    It was at this time(Ireland and also with the Picts) a transition from Paganism to Christianity. It wasn't always a smooth transition and took about a century to predominately take hold and doing so with a unique Celtic style. Both Pagan and Chritianity survived a time side by side, tolerating and respecting each other rites. literacy in Ireland certainly is attributed to Christianity
    Last edited by Riothamus; June 24, 2011 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    It was at this time(Ireland and also with the Picts) a transition from Paganism to Christianity. It wasn't always a smooth transition and took about a century to predominately take hold and doing so with a unique Celtic style. Both Pagan and Chritianity survived a time side by side, tolerating and respecting each other rites. literacy in Ireland certainly is attributed to Christianity
    But a lot of the populace should be predominantly Christian at this time though?
    Good thing the populace is split up into percentages.