Thread: How do I editing non custom units?

Default How do I editing non custom units?

As topic says how would I do this? For example, from removing their abilities or changing the required tech or buildings for them.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How do I editing non custom units?

You can use this tutorial for custom units HERE. Even though you are not making a custom unit from scratch it still covers the steps to edit the correct tables for what you are needing.

Thanks, but how would I do this or would it work since the original settings for these units are in the data.pack and I cant remove them from there or can I to get my changes to work?

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Don't try to edit the data pack file or you'll screw your game up royally.

First you need the Pack File Manager Tool HERE
    Just download it and unzip it. No need to install it is a standalone program.

Next you need to create your own mod. Follow the Napoleon Total War tutorial for making a mod, it works the same in Shogun you just need to substitute Shogun terms for things referred to in the tut. Here is the tutorial link HERE

EDIT: it is a good idea to make a backup copy of your data pack and the patch 5 pack as well in case you screw something up like I did.
    Also, when you are making your mod, use the Patch5 pack to export the tables from, NOT the data pack.

Remember: (Patch 5 pack = good Data pack = bad)
    Last edited by Hazbones; May 12, 2011 at 03:10 PM.