Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Message to CA OZ: Bring back Sean Pertwee!!

Default Message to CA OZ: Bring back Sean Pertwee!!

Now im not being Anti-Australian or anything, but i really do have to say something about RTW's voice-overs and what we could be looking at in MTW2. Am I the only bloke who found the female campaign maps voice in RTW really annoying? When i first played RTW, her accent was so thick i was half expecting her to say "I am your advisor, and . . . . . G'day!". Kind of destroyed the classical, historical ambience that CA were trying to create I thought.
    The centaurions accent was also Australian, but his voice was spot on. Introducing the historical battles, giving advice, his gravelly tones are a perfect accompanient to the game. Sounded like a hard :wub:*d, didn't he?. I would be more than happy to have him reprise his role in MTW2 as your man-at-arms.

I've got an Australian friend at work who is also an RTW nut like myself, and he has been teasing me as to the possible outcome of the voice acting talent, seeing as the whole game is being developed in Australia. Heres a couple of quotes he's come up with:

On the campaign map, The Muslims have just successfully re-taken Jerusalem:

"Crikey Mate!! That low-down cobber Sally-Din, or whatever he calls himself, has only gone and taken the Holy City! Streuth mate! Better round up the boys and take it back sharpish!"

One of your cities/regions is rioting:

"Mate . . . . seriously, those people arent happy. Quick, grab some tinnies and have a barbie, that should sort them out!"

England invade France in continuation of the hundred years war:

":wub:*d Poms are up to no good again mate! Looks like Cricket and Rugby arent the only lessons they need to learn! . . . . Eh-hem, I mean, raise an army to counter this threat mate . . . . . . I mean Me' Lord"

My Ozzy work colleague thinks this is the height of comedy, but even he has to admit that there is only one man who can fill the mantle of campaign/battle map advisor. No, not Brian Blessed. Not sure how his father-xmas booming style voice will work to be honest. No, there is only one man who is up for the job, you know it, i know it. I just hope and pray daily that CA Secure his services. Sean Pertwee. To hear him utter the words "Craven son of a dog!" or rip into you when you do something wrong (remember the patronising tones when you did something wrong in the tutorial for MTW1?) again would just be heaven!

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

Yeah, I really missed him in RTW. Didint help that the vioce actors in that one sucked.(TREE-AHRR-EE-EYE!?!? Why would Baalsss sendsss such a visionssss?? ect)I would also like to see the Arab guy and Russian dude return, they were also pretty cool.("A camel has gone and made love to his grave!" "Your Emporer has gone to a foolish end!")
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

The French voice of the woman and te centurion are nice, but the princips and cohorts sucks. Also same for Greeks and macedonians and barbarians.

And the voice overs in MTW was absolutly better than in RMT, and funnier, i would like to see them back.

Some great 'what-ifs' there woodins made me laugh.... I think the deep gravelly voice of sean pertwee would be a welcome return as would nadim swahala for the byzantine faction. Here's some suggestions for voice actors-

English- Tony Blair 'Their where weapons of mass destruction in Paris, we know that...'
    French- pepe lepeau (all french talk like this I'm sure...)
    Spanish- manuel from fautly towers 'Mister faulty, mister faulty the almohahds are attacking!
    Scottish- groundskeeper willie from the simpsons 'Aye, I'll attack ya pants-wearing, deodarant smelling, surrender-monkey'
    Italian- Silvio bellasconi- 'I will conquer you all once my face-lift is complete'

DR. Hobo. PHD.'s Avatar Campidoctor

mm i would like to see the guy who did voices in the first one do this one as well

The problem with Rome, as Eddie Izzard once pointed out, is that we don't know how they talked because it's a dead language. For all we know they could've talked like cockneys.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by antiochus epiphanes
    mm i would like to see the guy who did voices in the first one do this one as well
    That would be Sean Pertwee.
    And I agree with the request

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Lord Kal, we do actually know how they spoke. I did hear that Eddie Izzard routine, and like in a number of others, his various facts and lessons aren't always to be trusted. I mean, he's a comedian, not a historian, even though he is very funny. We also know how the ancient Greeks spoke. Some ancient scholars actually say how different peoples of their time pronounced words, and furthermore entire university departments are devoted to researching the topic. Trust me, they have a number of ways to do it. In fact, the field of historical linguistics and comparative philology is quite extensive. Try for example 'A New Comparative Grammar of Greek and Latin' by A.L. Sihler, 'Vox Graeca' by W.S. Allen and 'Vox Latina' by the same.

almost all computer games have horrible voice overs. they seem to keep their voices "inhouse" instead of hiring a variety of proffesional voice actors

I would imagine that there are several other books which give opinions to the contrary.

I second the notion that Sean Pertwee would be a good choice for Medieval 2. I just hope, if he is hired, that he doesn't say "I'm back!" during the intro. Although that would be kind of corny/cool at the same time.
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

If Pertwee is busy then a reasonable replacement would be Sean Connery.

Sean Pertwee ruled!!!

Think wikiman suggested that they're doing the recording in the UK:

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotal...icID=601.topic

"The Associate Producer is in the UK prepping for recording/visiting the UK office and probably enjoying a pint or three. That’s why he has been a little quiet of late. I am off for 2.5 weeks as of tonight to enjoy one last week of bachelorhood before I tie the knot with my better half. eeeek"

So hopefully authentic accents will be in.

Default Americans

The Roman voices reminded me of an American soldier type voice.

Like The Celt said "TREE-AHRR-EE-EYE!?!?"

I hope each countries voices will be unique

But who knows what they would of sounded like

M2TW>MTW2

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Kal
    I would imagine that there are several other books which give opinions to the contrary.
    Actually no, there aren't. The world of professional philology is generally undivided over this subject, and the books that I have recommended are standard reading throughout the philology departments of most English-speaking universities. Don't knock it 'till you've tried it.

Tiro

Agreed.
    Bring back Sean Pertwee
    Bring on Sean Connery
    Bring up Ruben
    Bring us Donald Duck or Tweety
    Just do NOT bring back that voice-actor who screams
    "VICTOreeeeeee!"
    "The enemy is DEFEATED! We are VICKTHOrius!

It kills the immersion faster than (insert wisecrack).

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Errrm they announced Pertwee IS doing the voices. So no more crying. Please.
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Oh thank God smoke. Thank you, thank you thank you thank you thank you. Would send you a Cohiba No.1 i brought back from Cuba last year if i knew where you were ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast