Thread: Paris Bennett...next diva?

Default Paris Bennett...next diva?

Now, normally I would never ever ever ever admit to somebody that I watched American Idol, even on the internet, but this time it actually paid off as on the last episode I get taken by surprise as this 17 year old firecracker comes out and blows everyone away sounding completely professional and convincing...

Video: http://www.rickey.org/blog/2006/02/p...t_train_t.html

Just scroll down and click play on the video player. Damn, for a 17 year old that seems REALLY good. To me, shes the only reason to watch that show, and at the risk of being called a pervert I gotta say that shes pretty cute, that raspy voice is great.

Kino's Avatar Citizen

Deleted by user.
    Last edited by Kino; January 17, 2007 at 02:26 AM.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
    "The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa
    Under the patronage of Ardeur

Yeah her grandmother is Ann Nesby, so shes inherited those legendary pipes, plus she adds a little raspy thing to her voice which I think is pretty unique.

I watched some of The War At Home too, I thought it sucked, not funny at all. Michael Rapaport is not a comedian, I dont know why he thought he could pull comedy off. And I dont even know who any of the rest of the actors are. I know the son was one of the ancillary characters in Malcolm in the Middle, I think he played one of the "Krelboynes"...I hate that kid I think he's annoying.

Kino's Avatar Citizen

Deleted by user.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
    "The dying, the cripple, the mental, the unwanted, the unloved they are Jesus in disguise." - Mother Teresa

I dunno about Nelly Furtado, but a singer who I think is real underrated is Lauryn Hill. Underrated as a singer and a M.C., actually. Hearing her sing Killing Me Softly or His eye is on the Sparrow is a good showcase of her skills, which are considerable to say the least.

But keeping in mind that Paris is only 17, if she keeps improving I foresee her surpassing even Lauryn Hill.

Nelly Furtado? I dunno much bout her though, whats her genre? What does she sing? I dont like a lot of sappy slow love songs...

Kino's Avatar Citizen

Deleted by user.

No way is she related to you, thats just wishful thinking.

I'll give her a listen today, but I dont like Missy Elliot so that first song you listed is out for me. Is there like...One AWESOME single from her I should listen to first? No mainstream radio rotation singles though...please...that always sucks.

I'm disappointed, I thought you meant WWE Diva...

I hate how her voice is quivering around all the time. I know it's style and all, but it just sounds terrible to me.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

I LOVE that raspy sound, Lauryn Hill and Dione Warwick had that too, I thought they were all great.