Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Let's talk about the JAPANESE INVASION OF KOREA (Imjin War)

Default Re: Let's talk about the JAPANESE INVASION OF KOREA (Imjin War)

It would requiere naval battle be actualy fun in a total war game, and yhea you could had Korean navy, with the tortoise boats better canons etc.. But I don't think it is going to save the boat...
    Great admiral such as Admiral Yi should be in the game (national pride.... And awsome motherer, so good reason to have the korean playable)
    With amiral Yi in the fleet you shoudl litteraly have all your ship be able to go autodrive and outrange the ennemy automaticly. Just in the press of two button. select the ability select a target and pouf voilą...

But I still doubts that it is going to be fun, Admiral Yi battle were long boring and tidious......

For land I do not know, but I do not trust CA to make good siege battles.....

can they fight like this?

a mod like this would possible to make
    for some reason shogun 2 map is moddable

Posting for future readers in case Shogun 2 ever gets remastered and easier to mod. There is currently an Imjin War mod that imho goes way off scope and became very unbalanced.
    My idea for an Imjin war mod would be designed with the idea that the war is not supposed to be won in Korea. You have the post Sengoku clans locked in scripted peace with other japanese clans. The Shogun as a non playable faction. Mod starts with all japanese factions at war with Korea. Korea has cheaper and better navies, with generals, so they can spam the sea. Japanese can take the weak cities, but rebellion % always remains high, so can't leave them unattended. Make scripts that spawn Chinese and Korean army stacks more and more each year. Add conquest of Hokkaido as well so the far eastern clans aren't penalized for being so far away.
    Make Korea not playable and their ships unable to transport troops.

Add new missions that give money and honor for success, and take away honor for failure. So they are more vital to long term strategy. After taking and retaking Korean castles, and fighting enough fame winning battles, another realm divide is triggered. Script a peace with Korea, and then it becomes a free for all in Japan. The Shogun is dead and is led by his infant son.
    The game loop would be building your economy, completing missions, gaining veteran troops overseas, then having high enough honor at realm divide to get some allies in the civil war. It would be a shorter but more intense game. Especially when enemy stacks can spawn behind your borders and the sea is full of army stack sinking navies. It would also have a lot more allied battles, with friendly stacks crowding the few conquest opportunities.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234