Thread: Simple Economy Fixes

Default Simple Economy Fixes

Currently in vanilla the best strategy is to NEVER upgrade markets or castles or even roads (because food = the most powerful global economic bonus) and spam ashigaru.
    This tactic is proven to bring the win even in legendary within very few turns, relatively.

So here are 2 simple beta mods I made to try and fix this.
    I'm still messing with them and I havent even tested them so feel free to send me feedback.

Here's what I want to do:

Farms:
    first 2 levels give 1 food, levels 3 and 4 give 2 food.
    Also, level 3 brings 50 more GPT and level 4 gives much more than it did.

Markets:
    Markets no longer cost food to maintain.
    So basically now you have a lot less food overall, but you don't use it up on markets. So markets are now good and you aren't supposed to have too much food, so economy wont skyrocket.
    Markets are already inherently limited by building slots and construction costs.

Harbor:

Harbor gives +1 food.
    Subsequent harbor upgrades DO NOT.
    So upgrading to a trade port or nanban quarters will mean less food but access to better shipyard facilities and trade.

The second mod is a unit upkeep mod.

I simply raised the upkeep of ashigaru by 20% across the board, and made the Oda ashigaru less OP by making them only 10% cheaper to upkeep than normal ashigaru.

I think these simple type of changes are elegant and will do the job if I balance them correctly.
    At least until CA make a game balance pass patch. hopefully soon!
    Last edited by Lightzy; May 12, 2011 at 09:22 AM.

Default Re: Simple Economy Fixes

Ok, updated this to patch 5 compatibility.
    It seems to work fine.
    I'll play a game with it now and test it. the vanilla game is really awful balance wise

Default Re: Simple Economy Fixes

How to instal mod?