Thread: Cant Find this Unit in game?

Icon5 Cant Find this Unit in game?

Hey i have been looking all over in NTW for the horse riders with the rifles like in the trailer for this mod. What are they called and what nation has them.

Default Re: Cant Find this Unit in game?

in NTW: La Montee de L'Empire. Not the vanilla version, just to clear things up.

The unit is French Grenadiers á Cheval but the carbine was removed in 1.7.2 because the AI wouldn't charge properly. In 2.0 carbines are back but the unit can only fire dismounted.

thanks that should be cool

Hi Iutland !
    Is it possible to change the French Grenadiers á Cheval unit type to the Chasseurs à cheval's one ? I mean, in vanilla, Chasseurs à cheval were able to fire mounted and while moving, and were quite good at melee too. Your description for French Grenadiers á Cheval in LME 2.0 (only melee while mounted, and allow fire when dismounted), is the Dragoons unit behavior of Vanilla game. I don't know how difficult is this work, but I think it is possible to take as a model the Chasseurs à cheval vanilla unit and making modifications to create the French Grenadiers á Cheval (and making them really dominating in melee !). And maybe it will fix the AI bug with it, I don't know !

Cheers and very thank you for your hard work !
    Last edited by French Old Guard Clnl Mihawk; May 14, 2011 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by French Old Guard Clnl Mihawk View Post
    Hi Iutland !
    Is it possible to change the French Grenadiers á Cheval unit type to the Chasseurs à cheval's one ? I mean, in vanilla, Chasseurs à cheval were able to fire mounted and while moving, and were quite good at melee too. Your description for French Grenadiers á Cheval in LME 2.0 (only melee while mounted, and allow fire when dismounted), is the Dragoons unit behavior of Vanilla game. I don't know how difficult is this work, but I think it is possible to take as a model the Chasseurs à cheval vanilla unit and making modifications to create the French Grenadiers á Cheval (and making them really dominating in melee !). And maybe it will fix the AI bug with it, I don't know !

Cheers and very thank you for your hard work !
    Thanks

In the LME 1.3 to 1.6 timeframe most cavalry was able to fire mounted and during movement with melee stats unchanged. The AI was not consistently charging an infantry unit with heavy cavalry, instead it stopped within firing range and started firing taking substantial casualties. Therefore carbines were removed from Heavy cavalry but will be introduced in 2.0 but they can only fire dismounted.

Chasseurs á Cheval type of cavalry can still fire mounted but only stationary.

Any other implementation will be released as a submod with 2.0.

cheers
    iutland