Thread: Making custom maps

Default Making custom maps

Hi Guys!
    I have opened this topic because I have not found answers to my questions.

1. how- and maybe witch program- i can add deployment zones and coordinates to damo maps? / if the zones clear, how i placed units coordinates between deployment zone?/

2. In tutorial map1 /tutorial map ashigaru/ there is a river, but you can not cross the other side.how to make the river a bridge,or do a little stretch or increase the level of soil of ground for across?

thy any useful help

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Making custom maps

1. Within the XMLs are all of the co-ordinates of the deployment zones. Good luck with them, I freaking hate messing with them.

2. The answer is the height map .dds's. Darker = Lower ground. That should tell you all you need to know.

thx, MItch.

But 1. answer not to clear. Sure i can add cordinates of deployment sones in xml file.

But my question: how do you determined a new zone? where we can see, where to place the new zone?
    Example: I found a new map: scs_enemystate_a03.

As u see the cordinates not match in this map. Must rework. also determined NEW cordinates first, than we can write a new value in xml.
    Last edited by Hunor; March 01, 2011 at 08:15 AM.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

It's entirely trial and error, make up some new co-ordinates, then try them ingame. See how well they work, learn from what you just did, alter them some more. etc etc

Like I said, I hate doing it, its real tedious work.

well, then try, but I need some basic information about how to do it / maybe something graphics utility which is drawn in the map and the coordinates of the data can be read / looking for ... I like to experiment, even though I usually prefer skinning...

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Without sounding like a dick. If you don't understand the concept without the aid of a tool, this really probably isn't for you. There are no tools because its so simple to do, its literaly changing some numbers next to the text that says "Deployment zone".

ok then.Thx anyway!

I'm not sure if this helps, but take a look at this short thread http://www.gamedev.net/topic/273287-...p-coordinates/
    If an editor doesn't exist currently, I think someone may be able to make a simple one eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhetorikolas View Post
    I'm not sure if this helps, but take a look at this short thread http://www.gamedev.net/topic/273287-...p-coordinates/
    If an editor doesn't exist currently, I think someone may be able to make a simple one eventually.
    hups! thx mate ! I looking for.

Falconpilot's Avatar Join Arma3 campaign!

Doesn't the lordz tools work? I haven't looked into shogun2 files yet but the maps worked the same on empire and napoleon, so perhaps they are the same now again?

Almost the same, some files have been changed.
    Unfortunately I have no SH2 to check if my editor works with new files, I guess yes.

But setting new deployment zones for HB is not that difficult. Every area has a center, width, height and orientation in radials. Center of map is 0,0 while upper left corner is -1024, 1024 going to lower right of 1024,-1024

Hope this helps

Is it possible to create custom battle maps for multiplayer?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Blist's Avatar Laetus

Is the mapping system the same as in etw?

From lords_map_torturial i see that you need a colour_map_x.jpg to get textures onto the ground.
    But i have been looking at the maps in shogun 2 ( terrain\battleterrain\presets mainly) and thoose files arent present, so how do they get the textures into the maps?
    The only files i can see that are relevant to the ground is the heightmaps, blendmap and maybe the decal_marker.markers.

Can someone plz inlighten me?

Blist's Avatar Laetus

Okay i found out that its the blendmap that puts textures on the map.

The black and blue colours puts the grass_diffuse texture.
    The pink and red colours are forest_diffuse.
    The green and teal colours are sand_diffuse.
    It also looks like the specific colour value affects the brightness of the texture, like teal is a darker version of sand_diffuse then green.
    Under water (shallow water atleast) the game automatically puts sand_diffuse even if the colour is black, havnt test tested this with other colours though.

Im not sure how the rock texture shows up, but i think when the terrain is very steep the game automatically adds it. But this apparently only applies to sand and forest textures.

Note this is just some rough info and needs more testing and it would be nice to know which file defines all this.
    Just posted this if anyone wanted to know sorry if its allready known.
    Last edited by Blist; June 05, 2011 at 04:41 PM.