Thread: Help with Crusading

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Default Help with Crusading

Ok, after I heard about MTWII: Total War, I thought I would see what all the fuss is about. So I am now very much into my English campaign, but I find crusading difficult. Marching through Europe, the crusade gains troops from provinces, but about when I get to Turkey troop numbers start to deplete and so I do not have enough troops to take over the target province (in this case Edessa/Antoich etc.) So how can I make a crusade a success?
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005

Try using inquisitors to raise the zeal of the provinces in Europe along the crusade rout. Don't keep them in the province too long they will burn heretics at the stake and lower zeal. While doing that put bishops and cardinals in the Turkish territories to reduce the effects of men depleting.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Or you can have a general who has very high zeal. If not, just try to get to your target area as fast as possible. Don't forget about your crusade!

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Flogger's Avatar Senator

Thanks everyone for your help. I got all the way to my target province (Palestine) All I had to do was take the castle, but those Egyptians just kept coming and I was defeated. So close...
    Stealing TWC's smilies since 2005