View Poll Results: Do missile units feel underpowered with new armour upgrade?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, they are just fine

2 20.00%
  • Yes, they feel undepowered , no enough missile damage

8 80.00%
  • Missiles too strong

0 0%
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Real Battle, Buildings, Recruitment (RBBR) for BC 2.3

Default Re: Real Battle, Buildings, Recruitment (RBBR) for BC 2.3

Quote Originally Posted by rummtata View Post
    Remembering how neat BC 2.2 looked with 'Crimson Tide', I've installed CT 4.2 (the no-dirt version) for my BC 2.3 with RBBR. The problem is, whenever I click "Start Battle" now, the game crashes. Obviously there is some kind of conflict regarding the animations.

(How) can I use Crimson Tide with my BC 2.3 + RBBR? That would be awesome.
    You have to use the animations from RBBR at least

I've tried overwriting the files in question with their RBBR versions; first stepwise, then all of them, but it wouldn't work... maybe the core of the problem isn't RBBR after all but rather incompatiblities with BC 2.3

At least I'd like to use the dust cloud animations from Crimson Tide, I find they add to the overall atmosphere. Does anyone know which files, exactly, are involved?

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Civis

Another improvement in RBBR (alongside the stack spam limits), has been the rebalanced Romans, in unit tests I've run the Roman heavy cavalry seem to be merely average now compared to those of their nearby foes, forcing the Roman player (human) to rely more on heavy infantry. I've actually found this quite fun, as the combination of levied pikemen on the defense and elite Varangoi maulers on the flanks for offense has been working for me on the campaign map. Sort of a Roman version of the Anglo Saxon shield wall (I know it sounds crazy on BC right?) With some Hippotoxoati covering the flanks it has been a joy to try some new tactics.

Thanks for the feedback, I am glad that you like the changes. I was away from the forum for awhile, just busy with other stuff

Very nice submod, the only problem is that the diminished number of men in elite squads make them easy to kill with average-but-larger-squads. This makes elite squads (many of them atleast) really not worth getting, because you can get a cheaper unit, with faster recruiting and better combat ability instead. I understand the logic that elites were never really the mainstay of an army, but still: they need to be competetive, or there are absolutly no point in having them.
    However i think this might have been a problem in standard BC aswell.
    In any case: great job, i am def going to keep using this with BC.

edit: i found out that when i upped the unit size from normal to large it helped the smaller units so right now its quite to live with. So much of my criticism above are null and void if you play at large unit size. Atleast thats what i found in testing.
    Last edited by Malanthor; January 16, 2012 at 10:07 AM.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

i need something like that minimod for 2.3.2. is it possible?

I cannot recruit any mercenaries...
    Last edited by nein; February 07, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Hi guys,
    I will not be updating the submod to 2.3.3 .Just don't have free time for it.
    If the major changes in BC will be implemented, I might to that in a future.

I was about to ask if you would ;-) I guess 2.3 + RBBR will remain my favourite for a bit longer, then =)

"To achieve everything that is possible, we must try to do the impossible." (H. Hesse)

Templars, including dismounted Templar Axemen shouldn't be weaker than Mamluks and Mamluk Tabardirya.

MCJ's Avatar Foederatus

Are these files compatible with BC 2.3.2 ???

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by MCJ View Post
    Are these files compatible with BC 2.3.2 ???

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    I cannot recruit any mercenaries...
    I have the same problem. It is apparently an old one, judging by some of the posts earlier in this thread. I reinstalled the descr_mercenaries of BC 2.3 and it did the trick. If you edit out some of the religion requirements in the file it will give you some more diversity in merc's like RBBR was supposed to do.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Hiu rusnmat, I'm really enjoying your collection of submods so far. Thanks for sharing this!

I got one tiny little question regarding the EDU; it seems like the upgrade costs for custom battles are a tad too high. Some units are 75% more expensive when they have both their attack and defense upgraded. Did you do this on purpose? Because it isn't very balanced imho, it makes upgrading not worth it.

Hello together,

I am sorry for bringing up this thread after 7 years have past since the last post.
    The presented features in this thread and in https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-amp-Savage-AI have caught my interest.
    I am interested in his approach to RR/RC and settlement population numbers and starting buildings.
    I am aware that k/t has an RR/RC mod for BC2.3, I played it for some time in the past and would like to have a look at rusnmats approach for comparison and inspiration.
    If someone has the files of this mod and of https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...-amp-Savage-AI I will be most glad if they are uploaded again as the original files seem to have been attached and lost.

Best regards.