Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Castle at Pontefract

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Default Re: Royal Castle at Pontefract

Thank you Your Majesty. That is most generous.

Richius sat thinking for a moment. He would have to organise a trip north to assess things.

Whilest i am here your Majesty. I should point out that when King Richard gave lands, he didn't always check to see if they were already owned or not. Several nobles have as such found themselves going wanting. Now, personally, as long as i have York i am happy, i'm not much of one to measure my manhood on the basis of the lands i own. However many nobles are, some were involved in King Richards death, and while i certainly don't think they should have their lands looked at. Perhaps it might be wise to address teh nobles, see if any have an complaints. If you ask them outright, and they don't speak up, they can hardly complain about it can they? And if you do not know there is a problem, you can hardly go about solving it either! I do not necissarily granting every request, but knowing the issues will surely help.

Hector Barbossa's Avatar Avast Ye Lubbers

Funny you should mention that my Lord Prince, O`Hagan was telling me much the same earlier on,we do need to get our house in order that is true.I will call them all together soon then, in fact i tell you what seeing as you will be gallivanting around the place you can set up the meeting, how about we use York such a nice old City its about time it saw a little life in it eh?

Oh and giving Selby to Arthur was mighty good of thee, i think he will do well there so we are are agreed then you will organise the buggers to come to the meeting i will listen to them and hopefully by its end all will be peace and harmony in the garden...now then i believe Arthur was organising some dancing, come on let us find a maid or two to cavort across the dance floor with shall we?, let us be merry these times will not happen often.

Oliver clapped his hands and the minstrels played.

Carl von Döbeln's Avatar Crossing the Rubicon

Sir Arthur threw himself upon the dance floor and began dancing wildly...

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Flasheart View Post
    Oliver raised York up on his feet....

Aye or a soft trusting fool, we shall see if i am vindicated with my mercy, now you look like a half starved rat when didst thou last eat?
    Two weeks ago, majesty.

Edward glared at Dominick, who raised his hands sheepishly.

I assumed he was guilty and denied him comfort, Ollie. My fault.

As Capone chastised himself, York wiped his sweating brow and bowed to the king.

Your majesty... whether or not I myself was complicit in the death of the King, Clinton would not have done it had he not had access to my coffers. I have done some research and discovered that he used my money to purchase the crossbow with which he slew the noble monarch. Thus, albeit indirectly, I am responsible to a degree. I therefore consent to the transfer of the counties of Cornwall, Devon and Somerset, as well as what fortune remains in my vault, unto thy royal hands.
    R.I.P. God Save The King (2008-2013)

In the summer of 1445, feasts and dances were arranged twice a day at the royal court, by Sir de Caldicott, of course. The feasts included incredible amounts of good food, splendid music, and other enjoyable stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by KoS View Post
    Two weeks ago, majesty.

Edward glared at Dominick, who raised his hands sheepishly.

I assumed he was guilty and denied him comfort, Ollie. My fault.

As Capone chastised himself, York wiped his sweating brow and bowed to the king.

Your majesty... whether or not I myself was complicit in the death of the King, Clinton would not have done it had he not had access to my coffers. I have done some research and discovered that he used my money to purchase the crossbow with which he slew the noble monarch. Thus, albeit indirectly, I am responsible to a degree. I therefore consent to the transfer of the counties of Cornwall, Devon and Somerset, as well as what fortune remains in my vault, unto thy royal hands.
    Oliver listened to York he kept his eyes fixed upon him then he raised a hand to stop him speaking.

A series then of coincidental events it seems, oh stop your grovelling man it does not become thee i can not abide a groveller.Go back to thy lands secure them for me make sure thou hast a goodly amount of levies who can fight this is my command then to thee Lord York.

Thou will also do one more thing, thou will go to the old Germati estate in Cornwall you will make it good at thy own expense, Raphael Germati needs a trading base, his old family home will suit his purpose.Now you bugger get and eat and enjoy the festivities, and for thy own sake thou hadst best not ever to try and cross me.

Oliver glared at York one more time then turned his attention to the music.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

Edward, greatly relieved and thankful, but attempting not to grovel, nodded in acknowledgment. Before turning away, he decided to press his luck once more.

Majesty, if I may ask one more thing of this matter... wouldst thou consent if I were to assume the title of Earl of Cornwall? I never particularly cared for being called Marquess, and Earl was the title my father held at the time of my birth.

Dominick, who did not particularly like this York fellow, motioned to one of his men. The Cornish lord's wife and newborn son were then brought in, and the family was reunited for the first time since Edward's arrest. Capone, the grizzled old veteran that he was, had to admit that even he was touched. Wondering what the hell had made him so soft, he quietly slipped out for a smoke.

Oliver turned his attention away from one of the courts shrinking violets and looked at York.

If cheek were gold thou wouldst be Christendom`s richest man York, but an Earl is a big step in this little reconciliation, nay sir thou wilst be Baron of Cornwall thou will bear this title well and thou will use it as time for reflection, if thy loyalties prove true then an Earl shall be thy reward once again...now enough please i hast had my fill.

KoS's Avatar Dux Limitis

York's face grew an extreme shade of red as he bowed once more, took his wife by the hand and headed for the feast. Dominick laughed and shook his head pitifully as he sat down beside the king.

The nobles are truly as daft as they seem, eh? Cor blimey, have a look at her...

Capone's eyes followed a lady of the court young enough to be his granddaughter. To his surprise, the female soon thereafter began dancing with his own eldest son Edward. Dominick shrugged.

Easy they come, easy they go.

Oliver leaned his head towards Dominick

Do not be too harsh in thy judgement, his house is a house of Kings Dominick, he will prosper as surely as snowdrops grow in the spring time.

Oh Christ i hope thy son does not get too friendly with Sir Arthur or all the maids at court will be in bloom also, there are enough bastards in England as it is without this court adding to them.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

So your Majesty. You said you wanted to speak to me after the... interogations.

Oliver stood and took the Prince into a side room (PM`S)

Enjoy the festivities i will return shortly.

Mythre's Avatar Jack of all trades,

Stephan is shown in to the King, Edmund is also asked to join him to see the King.Oliver is about to speak with them when the arrival of Duke Wilson is announced, he excuses himself a moment from the two former visitors and walks over to the Duke.

Ah Wilson and mighty good it is to see thee and meet thee at last, i trust the small journey north was pleasant?.Come in be welcome sir eat and drink thy fill we have much to discuss, you know O`Hagan i take it? good to have the nobles at court i must say, need that fellow Blackadder as well but for now as i say please enjoy my hospitality.

Turning back to Edmumnd and Stephan Oliver smiled broadly at them both.

Forgive me gentlemen now then i hope we shall be seeing a lot more of thee both at court?, most important to keep up appearances eh?, come on you pair bend my ears a while speak freely i am in a goodly mood this day.

As he read the letter from Yorrk Oliver smiled, he loved York it was a city with a soul, a far bigger one than London he always felt, he sent word to tell the Prince in York he would indeed join him for dinner in a day or so when things had settled down.

"Thank you for the warm welcome, Majesty. I am interested to see what the future brings."
    A wise man in times of peace prepares for war. -Horace
    GSTK: King Geoffry Wilson III - 35

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu
    "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." -Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Mythre View Post
    "Thank you for the warm welcome, Majesty. I am interested to see what the future brings."
    Aye Duke Wilson i hope the future might bring a shining horizon for the lands, call me optimistic if thou will, but this land deserves better than it has been given of late.We shall have to work hard but i feel we are all more than capable of success.

Aye Duke Wilson i hope the future might bring a shining horizon for the lands, call me optimistic if thou will, but this land deserves better than it has been given of late.We shall have to work hard but i feel we are all more than capable of success.

"I do not disagree at all. The land has been driven hard... wars have had a telling effect on the land and the vacuum caused by malaise has weakened the country greatly.."

In war, numbers alone confer no advantage. Do not advance relying on sheer military power. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Mythre View Post
    "I do not disagree at all. The land has been driven hard... wars have had a telling effect on the land and the vacuum caused by malaise has weakened the country greatly.."
    Aye indeed indeed, thou comforts me Sir, with thy words....ironic is it not? was not my ancestor a game keeper of Nottingham it seems our houses are forever tied one way or another.

So how fares the hunting in Sherwood these days? are the stags still as majestic as the minstrels sing of them?.Look at Barnsdale here out the window, it is still a dark old place, it and Sherwood i hope will endure.

Sir Arthur arrives one day, properly dressed and fancy looking, and requests a quick audience with the king...

Arthur welcome you young rake you, what might i do for thee this fine day?

Arthur bowed slightly, but politely...

I have some news for thee, majesty. I am getting married.

Aye indeed indeed, thou comforts me Sir, with thy words....ironic is it not? was not my ancestor a game keeper of Nottingham it seems our houses are forever tied one way or another.

So how fares the hunting in Sherwood these days? are the stags still as majestic as the minstrels sing of them?.Look at Barnsdale here out the window, it is still a dark old place, it and Sherwood i hope will endure.

The Duke nodded soberly,

"Aye, Sherwood is alive and well as always.. Mysterious and cheery at the same time. The game there is quite tasty... I can personally attest to that!"

The Duke chuckled while patting his stomach.