Thread: Neverwinter or Neverwinter Nights Reborn

Default Neverwinter or Neverwinter Nights Reborn

This new Neverwinter Nights game seems very interesting I believe its going to be MMORPG(Massivily Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) The most info i could gather it take place 100 years after NWN 1 and 2. There might be 5 classes if there is only 5 my guess is there are a larger group of subclasses. For example Rogue:Assassin, Scout, Thief, Swasbucler Fighter:Gladiator, Pirate, Soldier, Knight etc. The map could be anywere from just the North(Neverwinter, Luskan, Icewind Dales(maybe) or Sword Coast(the North, Waterdeep, Buldurs Gate, etc) It may include(over time) most of Fearun.

Any more info and your thought about the game please post.

Default Re: Neverwinter or Neverwinter Nights Reborn

i think there is going to be just 5 classes, no prestige classes
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    i think there is going to be just 5 classes, no prestige classes
    Not prestige classes sub classes
    prestige classes are seperate classes
    sub classes are the same only with diffrent skills

The new neverwinter nights game seems VERY TERRIBLE.

I mean Cryptic is making it? If I didn't write another topic on how bad this game was going to be I would write it again here.

Plus, wrong forum. This is not a Bioware game.

Atari is working on a new neverwinter nights, of course since its from Atari and neither Obsidian or Bioware is involved it sounds like an absolute abomination of a game. Check out the website to decide for yourself:

http://www.playneverwinter.com/

Cooperative multiplayer quasi-mmorpg made by Cryptic. That CRYPTIC logo on the site should pretty much describe why I chose abomination as my word to describe this game. That combined with Atari = perfect recipe for fail.

I like that R.A. Salvatore is involved, popular DND franchise writer, but I have played games where a supposid "writer" was involved and found that they had no involvement and it was loosely based on their books or they did a phone in job on the game.

IDK maybe i'll be wrong and cryptic + atari might warp reality and create a fine game but my doubts on this project are immense. I'm hoping that this game will bring about the end of Ataris rights to the DND license.

Just reading the site i'm questioning how is this different than Star Trek Online or Champions online? Quest creation tools (that suck), check. Limited number of classes, check. "Customization" as one of the key features, check. Identical gameplay and Champions Online rewrapped in fantasy skins, check.

How can cryptic manage all these MMOs they are making?
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Can a morderator please keep this filth out of the Bioware forums where it belongs? It's bad enough that this garbage will often enough be associated with Bioware once it's out due to the name, there is no need to encourage that.

What do you mean? Im comparring Neverwinter Nights 1(a Bioware game) to this new one.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Both is D&D and has a focus on Neverwinter.

You could say it has as much in common as GTA IV and a spiderman game which both focus on a fantasy version of new york. End of comparison.