Thread: Recruitable Generals

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Recruitable Generals

Split off from feature requests.

I've added recruitable generals in XGM 3.5.3, for all factions except barbarian. You can recruit upgraded generals, after the Marian reforms, with an Imperial Palace. Cost is 3120 for all factions.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; February 27, 2006 at 01:13 PM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Excellent, you might also want to give 3-4 turns training time to avoid AI spamming them.
    I would also enable the premarian generals the level before imperial palace or using the cavalry stables like in BI... Might just attach a few files later to show.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I made a quick change to make the recruiting time 3 turns. I might add the pre-marian generals sometime soon - probably to the Imperial Palace as well. I didn't add them to the top level cavalry stables because several factions can't build it.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

I think that linking the premarian general to the imperial palace (marian reform trigger) would not be very effective as they would last very little playing as romans... Maybe you can make the recruitment time higher in order to offset that
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I've added pre-marian recruitable generals. I want to keep them at the Imeprial palace level because I think recruitable generals should be a late game thing. It will mean that the Romans will probably never see them (if their first huge city is in Italy) but I don't think that matters much.

Just playing version 3.53 right now and am not able to recruit Roma generals (Julii) post marian with an imperial palace. Just wondering if the fact that my only Imperial Palace is located in Carthage is affecting this? Managed to take a nice big, advanced city and was looking forward to the generals.

Loving the mod so far!

prabellum: There might have been an error in 3.5.3 because the location shouldn't affect recruitment. Everything looks fine in 3.6.1 though, so maybe you should just install that. Your saved games should still work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    prabellum: There might have been an error in 3.5.3 because the location shouldn't affect recruitment. Everything looks fine in 3.6.1 though, so maybe you should just install that. Your saved games should still work fine.
    Great, just finished downloading it and looking forward to trying it out. Thanks for the reply.