Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing Sounds Fix

Default Re: Are you having Sound effect or Voice problems? well have no fear!

It's about 106 mb tho compressed, will that still be able to be attached here? (It says max for zip is 50 mb)
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

try filefront, it should upload it in like 5 mints with their upload rate.

ok i'll try that

I've been following this thread so far and have finally managed to get my voice and sound effects .dat files to rebuild thanks to you guys. I just need to get my custom music .dat and idx's to rebuild. Has there been any progress on this?

music? that part is easy.

I will probably remake this thread and explain everything in detail including music.
    i am pretty tired today but come back tonight or tomorrow and i will probably have made a detailed set by step tutorial to get the sounds fixed and adding your own music.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonnen52 View Post
    I've been following this thread so far and have finally managed to get my voice and sound effects .dat files to rebuild thanks to you guys. I just need to get my custom music .dat and idx's to rebuild. Has there been any progress on this?
    I'm very glad to hear that!

Default Re: Missing Sounds Fix (move to support forum & sticky please)

Oh my God, all of the sounds have rebuilt including the music that I added. Thank you so much for all of your help, guys. This one really had me stumped for months. I would rep you If I could but my post count got reset for some reason.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Missing Sounds Fix (move to support forum & sticky please)

Thread stickied and moved to the "Bugs and Technical Help" thread, as per forum rules.

Default Re: Missing Sounds Fix

How big is ur effect_env files toho? All of mine are 1kb.... and I don't know how to get them back if they are larger than that.

Edit: Believe I may have a faulty install for the sound converter thing for idx and dat files.... Did some digging in other mods and vanilla sound folder.... There is a sound folder for camp_map for voices, however I see no English nor German voice files (So you can hear them when clicked on) Same with sound effects folder, I see no camp_map folder.... Could someone possibly post these folders for me onto gamefront.com?

I need the data/sounds/data/voice/camp_map folder

and data/sounds/data/sfx/camp_map and interface
    Last edited by RabidSheepLegion; June 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM.

unfortunately my vanilla is still unpacked so i cant help you out.

No problem, I used the sound_extractor for vanilla sounds and got the voices for battle, I just need the voices for camp_map and sfx for camp_map now

Toho, as I sent in a pm, I did each folder seperately with the extractor... Perhaps doing all those files are too much for the extractor? Ex... I put in voice1 and voice2 in the extractor and did that fine, then it tried to do voice3 and it quit on me.... so took out voice1 and voice2 of the picture and extracted just voice3 (it was something like 9500 pieces) and extracted successfully! These are the vanilla m2tw files, but I am copying and pasting to CoW sounds and it all seems to be fine!

sorry i have been really busy these past weeks, anyways as far as i know you should have only "Voice" in the extractor. and also all the sound bugs are filed by Ninja's submod on Galloper's submod. i am not sure exacly what he has done bu he has actually fixed almost every voice and SFX bugs that people have been having.

is this a fix for the Rage of the Dark Gods 1.5 version or call of warhammer?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

RodG 1.5 - Easy and painfree Installation has all the necessary updates already.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

So it is for the "original" mod, not the Gigantus one.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

lazylegionspark's Avatar Foederatus

Hello, I am a new person to Call of Warhammer and I have a small issue which I think it is most appropriate to place here.
    I installed Gigantus RodG Painfree and it works well, except for the problem of that many sounds affects do not work such and swords swinging, arrow twanging,
    gunfire, and even the clicking noises such as double click to charge. Menu clicking sounds as well.
    I have tried using the fix here to correct this but it does not work.
    I personally enjoy hearing people swinging things at another and hearing the impacts as well as knowing my commands are occuring without have to constantly check the unit cards.

Semigall's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by lazylegionspark View Post
    Hello, I am a new person to Call of Warhammer and I have a small issue which I think it is most appropriate to place here.
    I installed Gigantus RodG Painfree and it works well, except for the problem of that many sounds affects do not work such and swords swinging, arrow twanging,
    gunfire, and even the clicking noises such as double click to charge. Menu clicking sounds as well.
    I have tried using the fix here to correct this but it does not work.
    I personally enjoy hearing people swinging things at another and hearing the impacts as well as knowing my commands are occuring without have to constantly check the unit cards.
    I have the same problem. Can anyone help us ?

I'm using the latest (1.51) version, of course, and no submods.

MeatChopper's Avatar Libertus

If you have the same problem I had recently (and from what I read here that's the case), there are vanilla Medieval II sounds missing (end turn, menu button sounds, etc). Nothing except a clean reinstall of MII, Kingdoms and the mods will fix that as far as I know (check that the Medieval II folder is deleted with no residual files remaining). This fix is pointless for Gigantus' version, it's already included.

When you reinstall, make sure you have User Account Control disabled for your Medieval II folder before you install the mods and submods (easiest way is right click on folder -> properties; go to security tab and give write access/full control to the type of account you're using).

Other than that, follow this installation guide: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ion-guide-here
    For step 6, don't use the link in the opening post, use this link: http://empiretw.ru/board/index.php?showtopic=24936

I know it sucks, but it might help :-/

Edit: this problem occurred for me after I applied the "stability fixes" from the sticky thread in the Bug Reports forum. It somehow messed with my sounds, no idea why. Did you do that?
    Last edited by MeatChopper; August 19, 2014 at 04:50 AM.
    Freiheit und Leben kann man uns nehmen, die Ehre nicht.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast