Thread: This mod is too easy

Default This mod is too easy

I play most factions at very hard/ very hard , and i think this mod is too easy , mostly i think of patch 1.2 that makes ai so stupid .

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Yep, but I think the final EB release is going to be for RTW 1.5. At least I hope so...

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

I thought that it was actually pretty difficult. In most mods, you could afford to be at war with several factions (5 or more) and actually win the wars with only minimal resistence. With EB, that would send you into the red and get swarmed with full stacks. Plus the fact that the AI can bribe your settlements with ease makes it alot harder, but I guess that doesn't count because that's more of a bug than anything.

I've by no means played many mods, but the ones I have played (RTR, for example) are much easier than EB IMO.

Dixit ei Iesus ego sum resurrectio et vita qui credit in me et si mortuus fuerit vivet. Et omnis qui vivit et credit in me non morietur in aeternum credis hoc? John XI:XXV, XXVI

We understand your feelings about 1.5 and how much you hate 1.2 and how impatient you are on the port. We'd love to be able to snap our fingers and port to 1.5, but we have a lot of people who are working very hard to keep supplying units and new scripts and lots of other stuff for the mod as it currently is. But porting to 1.5 is *hard*. Believe me, we are trying to get exactly to where you want us to be, but a lot of people do currently find the mod challenging to play, and it is still an OPEN BETA. It's a huge undertaking, and it just takes time.

This point has been clearly made by you already:
    -"blah blah blah, im tired of it, or maybe Mod wil be out when Barb Inva is already out , what a waste of time !!!!!!!!!1"
    -"And sadly EB will be out of date because i´ve been testing BI AI and its vastly improved."
    -"who cares about EB , this mod is out of date ->> 1.2 patch is crap and for all that are trying the last patch knows how better ai became."
    -"After playing last rtw patch , i cant stand 1.2 stupid ai both in battle and campaign."

Semisalis

You also might be playing the wrong factions. The Romans, Ptolemaioi, and Seleucids are far too easy since they start with a huge surplus economy. Try playing as one of the underdog or barbarian factions that start out with limited armies and a -6000 income economy.

No ive start with the weakest, right now im with germania , the game is very wel done , but stupid bugs 1.2 let me win battles easely, special when sieging , my archers to a pretty job killing those stupid runners inside fortification.

Most of north lands are mine , with german u got fast conquest cities(BECAUSE OF HIGH DEBT,I WAS - 28000, now im positive , get all u familie nobles and go 1 by 1 ,(those damn nobles are very good), Than secure the borders, lets say u have Current Germany , poland, sweeden, Norway, Denmark , NOW stop expanding and develop and keep army going to avoid suprise.

PLS FIX THE BRIGADS SHOW UP; IM FIGHTING 2-4 Brigads each season , my worst nithmare and enemy lol

Dont understand me wrong , this mod under 1.5 patch will be the current best mod

Foederatus

You can also try to put house rules on you and not exploit the stupid AI. If you use cheese tactics even the hardest mod will be easy. And I think EB is one of the hardest mods out there.

While I disagree about EB being too easy, there is certainly a strong motivation to steam-roller your neighbours early on due to poor economy. I hope this can be resolved somehow. As it stands now, you get caught up in the fight against being in the red and forget to enjoy all the little details of the mod. That's why my current favourite campaign is the Romani. They start reasonably well off so there is no great rush to bulldoze Epirus, Carthage or Gaul. Makes for a much slower-paced and enjoyable campaign.

THE BRIGADES **** ME OFF , i forget to fix after reeintaling EB , just go to data directory,search for file Desc_Rebel_factions and where is the chance they come in , just replace by 1 , they will still come.

You find this mod easy? I don't believe it. I want to hear some stories from your campaigns. No cheating right?

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

I agree most factions are easy bat Carthage.....
    I dont know why but its damn hard for me.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

MithradatesVI's Avatar Civis

I have yet to win a campaign. Fustrating, yes, but also good because now i have to double-think every move I make.

That, and maybe i should stop playing VH/VH....

The campaigns I played (not finished) were all relatively hard, mostly financially. I agree with you, Pritzl: the Romani are a joy to play. So much depth and fun!

I once started a Romani campaign and didn't aim to fight at all. I simply tried to make each of my generals gouverneur-masterminds in huge upgraded cities. Marvellous!
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

The finacial part isnt everything when we talk about good gameplay.. I find it very interresting to keep the Seleucid Empire INTACT and try to get enough stability to expand the Empire.. That is also a great undertaking. Personally I love the Seleucids and they are the most fun faction to play. Why do I bother with them? Well they have the most interresting selection of units and their starting position is the most interresing: Large emprie in the far east with potential enemies on every front which means that you have to be vigilant and a good strategiest to keep the Empire intact!.. Far more interesting that trying to retake the old empire of the Alexander (macedon) or try to be a cæsar and conquer the world. And with a FAR better A.I together with the awesome formation mods (SPQR, Darthmod) - I do not find EB's formation better than Vanilla.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Kronos
    THE BRIGADES **** ME OFF , i forget to fix after reeintaling EB , just go to data directory,search for file Desc_Rebel_factions and where is the chance they come in , just replace by 1 , they will still come.
    Ähm, if you want the rebels to spawn less often you have to increase the spawn value... I know that sounds stupid, but it's true .

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Quote Originally Posted by Storm_Kronos
    No ive start with the weakest, right now im with germania , the game is very wel done , but stupid bugs 1.2 let me win battles easely, special when sieging , my archers to a pretty job killing those stupid runners inside fortification.

Most of north lands are mine , with german u got fast conquest cities(BECAUSE OF HIGH DEBT,I WAS - 28000, now im positive , get all u familie nobles and go 1 by 1 ,(those damn nobles are very good), Than secure the borders, lets say u have Current Germany , poland, sweeden, Norway, Denmark , NOW stop expanding and develop and keep army going to avoid suprise.

PLS FIX THE BRIGADS SHOW UP; IM FIGHTING 2-4 Brigads each season , my worst nithmare and enemy lol

Dont understand me wrong , this mod under 1.5 patch will be the current best mod
    Well In one of the next versions, (I'm not sure it will be in the patch), there'll be an extra wich wil make blitzing and sieging a bit more difficult...
    And the way the AI will be helped will be changed too in one of the next version, (again not sure in wich version).
    Also when we're porting we won't have any of the bugs anymore. SO these three things ombined will allow for an even more challenging, realistic and fun game.

As well as EB I also play SPQR which is ported to 1.5 and so far except for alot more outflanking(which is easy enough to counter) I don't find the AI to be any more difficult in combat except that I have to keep redeploying my line because of the flanking, something that I actually find a little tedious anyway.
    At the moment EB is excellent and will only get better, it is not unfairly too easy IMO, try playing by some rules which do not abuse the AI like SPQR's house rules for example.