Thread: 6.8 Beta vessel questions

Default 6.8 Beta vessel questions

Hi Darth,

I have been enjoying your mod so far. Can you explain the vessal system further? I have been playing as the Greeks (off course) and I am allied with the Macedonians. It seems that all the superpowers have 4+ full stacks just sitting around and will not attack me. It is around 255 BC and I have only been attacked by Pontus so far.

The weirdest thing was that the Romans attacked Corinth and took it from the Macedonians with only half a stack. The Macedonians just sat there and did nothing even though they had superior army. Weird.

Also do you change any unit files in your patch 6.9. the reason why I ask is because I have modded all the Greek skins for my personal use and I don't want to screw it up with the new patch.

So I guess the AI just builds and sits until you attack from the looks of it. Carthage has 4 full stacks in Sicily but they will not attack the Romans or my settlement.

Geia soy Demetrious II!

This beta system is based on actual charactirization of other factions than senate as superfaction and have under their control other factions.
    The benefit of this is lasting AI alliances and coordination of forces but...
    -There is an internal rage in roman factions
    -The superfactions are able to raise enormous armies as you say with a strange passiveness. They could rule the world but do not do it. Only if there is an outbreak they mobilise. Generally needs a lot of game testing to see if it is worth which I personally do not do it right now and depend on community's comments.

I suggest you play 6.9 with the new desc_strat I have offered and intent to use in 7.0 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...263#post824263

As I can remember I have done some adustments yes (in export_desc_unit) but minor.
    The challenge in 6.9 with this new also setting is unparalleled.
    I suggest you do it right away and tell me your opinion

Euxaristo (thanks) for your reply,

I will try 6.9 tonight and give some feedback.

So far I have played 6.8 up to year 250BC and yes the superpowers seem scary with multiple stacks but they are not expanding. I noticed that the Roman civil war has already started (254-253BC).

The 2 factions that are expansionistic in my current campaign (H/H) are the Gauls and Pontos has attacked me. The damn Gauls have reached Epirus and threatening Greece.

Cheers.

well this is encouraging (for vassal beta) bcs gauls belong to Carthage superpower and Pontus to Seleucids. So it seems the AI uses them as their hands to fulfill common goals.(Like senate does for Romans)

I play a Game with open map around the Vasallen system a little to test.
    After approx. 60 rounds I have ascertained a lot of stagnation on the map.
    The nations do only a little attack at all. Everything is quite passive.
    And Carthage has a declaration of war of Gauls, Spain and Numidia although it their Superfaction is ?
    I would say the idea am good,but at the moment the Vassal system is not really playable.

im about to start a campaign with the vassal so ill tell u what i think ur mod was good normal and only played 1 hour

i love it, its complete chaos after a few turns in italy. complete chaos and ive never seen the senate expand lol. good how the alliances do last and the armies they can build.

sorry i should have edited wooops

The last version of vassal will allow stable Roman relationships at last.
    Glad you like it. Thanks for feedback.