Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions & Answers

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: RS II: Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fraoliva View Post
    A couple of questions for you guys:

1 - I had that missing skeleton problem with the launcher, fixed it by installing the mod separately and then merging to the vanilla RTW folder. But I forgot to update to 2.1 version when they were separated. Will it be OK if I update it over the mod folder (with vanilla)?

2 - I saved on a battle between turns. If I reload it, will I be able to start the background script?

If not, is there a problem activating it on the next turn?

Thanks in advance
    1. It "should" be OK, but you may want to take a copy first in case it goes wrong.

2. You can always start the script after re-loading, if in doubt, just start the game again, load the script and you should be at your save point.

I've been looking in some folders and found alot of cool sounds, like battle horns and taunts, but i havent heard half of them ingame?
    Last edited by Danius; September 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

I have a question, how can I change my settlement names? I have found on these forums that it can be done with something in the preferences on the launcher. But, how do I use those preferences to change the cities names?

Domesticus

Lets see if i can get my question answered here.

On my Pergamon campaign, in the capital, i have built 2 pantheons. The first one was to Hephaeustes (sp) and the second was to Athena, at a later stage.

Yet i do not see Athena's temple in the building list of the city.

Question: Can a city have more than one pantheon?

Hi,

great mod..thank you for that.

I have only one question.

How can I get shorter battles?

Thanks

Marc

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Lets see if i can get my question answered here.

On my Pergamon campaign, in the capital, i have built 2 pantheons. The first one was to Hephaeustes (sp) and the second was to Athena, at a later stage.

Yet i do not see Athena's temple in the building list of the city.

Question: Can a city have more than one pantheon?
    Answered via PM. But for everyone else, RTW can only display 24 buildings (I think) in the UI at the bottom of the Strat Map. You have to use the Building Browser to see the others.
    We are trying to figure out a way to be able to destroy buildings from the building browser, but no luck yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Hi,

great mod..thank you for that.

I have only one question.

How can I get shorter battles?

Thanks

Marc
    Look in '_Important_Stuff\EDU Changes', and you will see various sets of EDU files that will result in shorter battles.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thank you!!! I will try that!!! Great!!!

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by dvk901 View Post
    We are trying to figure out a way to be able to destroy buildings from the building browser, but no luck yet.
    At the moment the only way to destroy a building that does not appear in the first 24 buildings is to destroy sufficient buildings to get them into view.

Once you've done that I think it's acceptable to use the cheats to put the settlement back into the state it was before (minus the buildings you want destroyed).

You use the 'Rome Console' to enter the cheats. On most keyboards it's the button on the left hand side of the keyboard above the TAB button and to the left of the '1' on the numerical keys.

Use the 'add_money' cheat to increase your treasury to cope with the building - with R:TW there is a limit of 400000 that can be added or subtracted at a time. So 'add_money 40000' in the Rome Console several times.

Once you've got loads of money start adding buildings to the queue. Then use the 'process_cq settlement_name' cheat to complete those buildings. Repeat until you're settlement is back to how it was before.

Also use the 'add_money -40000' (or whatever number you need) to return the treasury to the state it was before.

It's not ideal but it's the only way to do this at the moment.

Be warned that for some reason some settlement's names are different in-game than they are shown on the campaign map (I don't know why). I know some of the Sarmation settlements are like that - the one nearest the Pontus/Armenian regions is affected this way. So, before you destroy all your buildings make sure that process_cq cheat works! Also, if the settlement name is two words then use an underscore between the names (I know this works for two words in the name but I'm not sure if it works for more).

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Can someone explain me the icons on the RS2_Map_AOR_Legions2_map found in die AOR_Maps Folder of the mod, please?

Hi,

in the folder "EDU changes" there are the folders "Release Versions" and "Default"
    does that mean: Default are the Roma Surrectum settings and "release Versions" are the settings from original Rome total War??

Thank you for an answer

Marc

PS: Sorry my english is not very well.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Byzantinum View Post
    Hi,

in the folder "EDU changes" there are the folders "Release Versions" and "Default"
    does that mean: Default are the Roma Surrectum settings and "release Versions" are the settings from original Rome total War??

Thank you for an answer

Marc

PS: Sorry my english is not very well.
    The 'Released Versions' are the ones that were originally released with RS2.
    The 'Default' versions are the ones that were provided and used in Patch 2.1a.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Hello!

I'd like to srtart an RSII 2.1 Roman 1 turn campaign and I have a question about it. I don't know I remember well but as if someone told that there were problems with the 2nd rebellion in 2.1 Roman 1 turn campaign. Do I remember well and I would rather wait for the next release (2.2)?

Thanks!

I am playing it right now and there was no issue...3 cities rebelled... the same happened in 0 turn so I see no difference.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

Thanks! But I asked about the 2nd rebellion not the first I think you talked about the last because the 3 rebel city sounds too few as I read the forums.

But Thanks one more

spy of the council

The 2nd (85 settlement) rebellion is fine, it should be OK, are you somewhere near it? The only problem is that you could lose your most valuable cities if you aren't careful about how you expand.

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

No I'm far away... I have just started my campaign. Then if it works well there wouldn't be problem. Thanks for your help!

vampire19's Avatar Barbarus
    Street 666, Minas Morgul, Middle Earth xD

How Do I disable autosave in RSII ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mgabor27's Avatar Tiro

In the RTW main folder check the preferences folder open the preferences.txt find this line: auto_save: true and overwrite it false manually. That's all. I also forgot to overwrite it and I have just done it I hope it won't cause problems...

spy of the council

No, subsequent manual saves will be fine. Any prior to the autosave disabled may or may not be OK.

I'm playing a Seleucid 1 turn campaign were I can only recruit generals at seleucia and antioch. As my empire grows, I constantly recruit generals there and nothing else. I want to be able to make generals at Pella and Pergamon, what do I have to alter in the files to make it happen?