Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions & Answers

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Default Re: RS II: Questions & Answers

Army upkeep is the cost of the whole army across all cities, and each city pays a proportion of that cost depending on it's population. So you may have very few troops in the city but if you have a big army, they're paying for that too.

The city's income can be increased by trade, taxes and mining. The happier the populace are, the more you can tax them. The better the roads and the bigger the markets along with economic or economic/military region and trade goods will increase trade, and obviously improved mines will increase that if you have mining.
    There are also temples that increase trade, mining etc that differ for each faction.

There are no simple fixes.

How would the campaign be on VH/VH difficulty, I know in RS1 the VH campaign was bugged and actually easier than the Hard campaign. I am looking to get my ass kicked here
    Also, is there a 4tpy script available for 2.1a?
    Last edited by Barbarian Roman; August 19, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

The VH/VH is still bugged, HH is the hardest, or try the Five Good Emperors mod

hey I have the Mac version of rome total war and i have looked at this mod and was sad because i never will be able to play it, i felt the same with Europa Barbrorum to. but feral intaractive managed to convert it to MAc and im having a blast playing it, but i was wondering will Roma Surrectum 2 ever be converted to mac?
    Wil you play the game? the game of thrones.

Is quicksave safe to use for this? Or will I get a "BuggySave" and a ruined campaign?..

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quick save is always and has always been buggy. Never use it.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Is it possible for me to say have Roma Surrectum 2, and my mod-foldered mods in another Rome folder? Basically I want to keep my Rome folder with all the mod-foldered mods I have i.e. IB:SAI, XGM, RTRPE etc. and at the same time be able to play Roma Surrectum 2. I've done this before and it's worked to a certain degree but some errors occurred when I transferred back to my mods and Rome vanilla. For instance, my Rome Vanilla would CTD every time I tried loading a battle. In any event, would you guys have some kind of guide/tips and tricks for achieving this? Thanks.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Do i have to run the script for every campaign or for just rome campaign

Also how come it can take a while of clicking to get it to work is that normal?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by AirAssault7 View Post
    Is it possible for me to say have Roma Surrectum 2, and my mod-foldered mods in another Rome folder? Basically I want to keep my Rome folder with all the mod-foldered mods I have i.e. IB:SAI, XGM, RTRPE etc. and at the same time be able to play Roma Surrectum 2. I've done this before and it's worked to a certain degree but some errors occurred when I transferred back to my mods and Rome vanilla. For instance, my Rome Vanilla would CTD every time I tried loading a battle. In any event, would you guys have some kind of guide/tips and tricks for achieving this? Thanks.
    Yes. You will need to have something like this:

c:\games\rome tw
    c:\games\RomaSurrectum2.1
    c:\games\rome mods

RomaSurrectum doesn't work with other mods and it modifies the structure so it needs to be on it's own. So long as you keep the Rome TW installation clean of any other mod, you can just copy that and install new mods into a clean copy.

Quote Originally Posted by arcani View Post
    Do i have to run the script for every campaign or for just rome campaign

Also how come it can take a while of clicking to get it to work is that normal?
    Yes you do need to run it for every campaign, every time you start the game, and no it should not take long. You click on a settlement when it starts, when the advisor pops up, click their portrait that should be it. I guess it could be slower if you have an old system but it should be pretty fast.
    Last edited by apple; August 23, 2011 at 03:26 AM.

One more quick question

Im planning on playing a faction besides rome, does rome ai make late proper legions or can i expect a mismatch of different legions when fighting them.

does this mod have its own mod folder?

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    No sir. It overwrites the game so basically you have to copy and paste RTW folder if you still want to play the original.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by AugustusCaeser View Post
    There is so many changes made that there is little point in having a mod-folder.

It does contain mod-folders but that is so the campaign can be tailored for each faction.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Laetus

can someone tell me please, how "force diplomacy" is working? how to enable it?
    Thnx

freakkriek's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Dzandza View Post
    can someone tell me please, how "force diplomacy" is working? how to enable it?
    Thnx
    make a proposal and click the '?'-sign in the left corner of the diplomacy scroll then an advisor will
    show, press show me how and it's activated

hope this helps

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Hello, I see that you can recruit a "Praetorian Prefect" is there a specific trait/ancillary for this seeing as it was a very important and powerful title/office during the late Republic and throughout the Empire? If there is not, is there any plans for one?

Thank you.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Yes, it will be in RS2.2 - see this post I posted just a few hours ago: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post10201487 - it will be a position that an equestrian general can occupy

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Why do the hoplites bareley use there spears? they just automanicalley switch to there swords most of the time

youhooo is this not a qusetions and ancewers thread? sorry for sounding rude
    Haven't used a Phalanax in game yet but if they do then that wouldn't be correct either historically or practically

AgentGB-"ah they just do dude, if enemy troops managed to get past the spear point..."

Agent is kind of right in a literal sense but his response implies that once they get past the points the unit resorts to sword, it doesn't. As you get past the front ranks spear points they resort to sword, then once you get past the second ranks points they resort to sword and so on, morale would have broken on one side or the other before the unit all resorts to swords unless ofc as already stated the phalanx is flanked as well as engaged from the front.

I've been in a few 300 man a side pike pushes and a 14 foot pike means the front rank even if they drop their weapon and use sword will still have their buddies other 2-3 pike points infront of them with a Greek much longer phalanax spear you'd get even more effective points.

You can't dual arm/melee a unit with the game mechanics so the solution would be nearly full spears-90% dropping slowly down then swords if it's totally surounded or disordered, I'd even argue that some in the middle would still use their spears once the unit was surounded- raising it up fully (port) then using one of the other three (90degree) lanes to represent it.

This is based on my rl experience BUT I have no idea of real Greek drill with the dory, I'd guess there's a few solutions to avoid the enemy getting past your point by shortening your grip etc, all I know is they weren't clueless drones with pointy sticks who would train with this massive spear since they were kids to just drop it five seconds into the battle.

Biarchus

I apologize if these questions have been asked.
    1. Is there an RSII unit stat guide for all factions available?
    2. Is there an economy guide available?
    3. Is there a detailed AOR guide?

This is an absolutely amazing mod. I have been playing it since it came out. Unfortunately, my time is limited for playing, so I would always just get into the rut of treating it like the vanilla version and just quickly going thru turns without truly experiencing this mod's greatness. I'm still unclear how the AOR and the economic( ex. Which buildings to build and why) systems work. I now want to take it slow with this mod and experience it at it's fullest potential. I want to thank the RSII team for making this mod and any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by ztrain909; September 03, 2011 at 02:31 PM.

A couple of questions for you guys:

1 - I had that missing skeleton problem with the launcher, fixed it by installing the mod separately and then merging to the vanilla RTW folder. But I forgot to update to 2.1 version when they were separated. Will it be OK if I update it over the mod folder (with vanilla)?

2 - I saved on a battle between turns. If I reload it, will I be able to start the background script?

If not, is there a problem activating it on the next turn?

Thanks in advance