Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions & Answers

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: RS II: Questions & Answers

What I mean is I never have got the Show me How button to actually be able to be clicked. I probably have slight symptoms of ADHD, I'm always quitting and trying out a new faction.

I never click the "Show me how button" All I have to do is click a city and then on her face and then it activates.
    Gaius Claudius Nero - TRS

Quintus Claudius Nero - Aux

NaptownKnight's Avatar Praeses

Wait, so what's the sign the script is working?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKnight View Post
    Wait, so what's the sign the script is working?
    You get 1 denarii added to your treasury.

I try putting the game in window mode by adding -nm in the RS II shortcut but it don't work. Is there another way to add it?
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

The -nm comes from no movies. The command to run it in windowed mod is -ne.
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Command_line_functions

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    The -nm comes from no movies. The command to run it in windowed mod is -ne.
    http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/Command_line_functions
    Dammit that's right. EDIT I just tried it and It didn't work maybe the custom launcher affects it

Hey florin how are you?
    Last edited by century x; July 24, 2011 at 02:04 PM.
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

I have quite a problem; i can't launch the mod, for it says "Rome Total War: Failed to initialise 3D audio!", can anyone help me with this very problem? I can make any mod work finely except for this one.

I downloaded and installed the mod but when i try to open the game it just crashes and there comes error screen like that:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/nimetnv.png/

Where is the problem?

Marcus Publius's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Lateksi View Post
    I downloaded and installed the mod but when i try to open the game it just crashes and there comes error screen like that:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/nimetnv.png/

Where is the problem?
    Originally Posted by |Quintus Sertorius|
    To fix this problem, do the following:

1. You need a clean and patched up version of RTW.
    2. Download all the RS2 files, as shown in the release thread.

3. Now, install the RS2 mod to a new folder, created on the desktop. Mine is named Roma Surrectum 2.
    4. When the mod has been completly installed, copy and paste the entire contents of the Roma Surrectum 2 folder, located on your desktop, to your freshly installed RTW game. folder.

5. The new launcher that has been created on the desktop doesn't work. This is because it is a shortcut that the installer has directed towards the Roma Surrectum 2 folder located on your desktop, which isn't a game folder. To fix this, right-click the shortcut and change the Target and Start In lines so that both point to your correct RTW folder.

So in my case, "C:\Users\Al Simmons\Desktop\Roma Surrectum 2\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

becomes "D:\Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher\Roma Surrectum II.exe"

etc.

6. If you did everything correct, the launcher on the desktop works. If it doesn't delete it and create a new shortcut from the "Roma Surrectum II.exe" file located in Activision\Rome - Total War\launcher.

Enjoy!

Hi I have some questions but first of all great mod

I'm really enjoying my Ptolemaic campaign so far. I have kicked back the seleucid and came across the lands of Parthia. Now sharing borders with them and well because of the stupid ai they attacked me... I had an alliance with them but who cares blocking ports etc is more important. After that Macedon my other ally attacked blocking 1 port They both refuse a ceasefire... My question is is there a submod that makes it impossible for the ai to break alliances with you? Or is there a console command that forces them to accept my proposal of peace? I don't want to fight Parthia over and over again. And I don't want to conquer the lands either so...

Thanks for making such a great mod.

Will this mod work without Alexander? I have Barbarian invasion and regular version of Rome.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackViper View Post
    Hi I have some questions but first of all great mod

I'm really enjoying my Ptolemaic campaign so far. I have kicked back the seleucid and came across the lands of Parthia. Now sharing borders with them and well because of the stupid ai they attacked me... I had an alliance with them but who cares blocking ports etc is more important. After that Macedon my other ally attacked blocking 1 port They both refuse a ceasefire... My question is is there a submod that makes it impossible for the ai to break alliances with you? Or is there a console command that forces them to accept my proposal of peace? I don't want to fight Parthia over and over again. And I don't want to conquer the lands either so...

Thanks for making such a great mod.
    There is a force diplomacy, once you get into the negotiation, click the "?", then "click show me how" and make your proposal, but you will have to do it every turn because most likely they will start the war again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    Will this mod work without Alexander? I have Barbarian invasion and regular version of Rome.
    RSII works with all three versions of RTW
    Last edited by apple; August 03, 2011 at 01:22 PM.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
    In the RS launcher there is a drop down menu where you can select what engine you have available to use. So for you you'll select Rome BI.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Much to all of you guys helping out answering the questions.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Hey guys, will the port in the province Illyria be fixed for 2.2? It is in a weird spot and is not connected to any roads. I know its a little thing, but I cant help it annoying me. Would fix it myself, but cant find a quick and easy tutorial..

I just finished an epic battle as Hannibal against the Romans, in my new Carthaginian campaign, but right after winning the battle, the game CTD

That was truly quite annoying, but I believe it might have something to do with the fact that whenever I click on something in the launcher I get an error "12" stating that it "Could not write to launcher". But when I start the game, there is no problem otherwise, I am therefore quite confused, considering the fact that I'm using a brand new computer.

Some info about my pc:
    Using Windows 7
    RSII file path:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    I have not installed any patches yet (Downloading RS 2.1a patch now)

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me with this!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

You should not have your RS 2 in programs files.
    Reinstall your RTW to another location (like C:\RS2 or something).
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Oh ok, then can I have it to:
    C:\Games file?

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

You can call it what you like. However, something like this would work well:

C:
    C:\Games
    C:\Games\Rome - Total War <-- This is your basic clean installation
    C:\Games\RomaSurrectum <-- Copy your clean installtion to this, and then rename it
    C:\Games\RomeTotalRealism <-- and then install any other mods separately too

So,

1. Install RTW to BI or alex, patched etc into C:\Games\Rome - Total War, remeber this is your clean, base directory so NO MODS.
    2. Copy C:\Games\Rome - Total War to C:\Games\RomaSurrectum
    3. Install RS2.1a into C:\Games\RomaSurrectum

You may want to take a backup of you clean RTW install in case it gets corrupted and you may want to renam it. I call mine RomeBase

Then play. As a rule, it is usually better to not use Program Files with Win7 for modded games.