Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: RS II: Questions & Answers

Default Re: RS II: Questions & Answers

Roads do still increase trade income though i believe, but as Wallachian says the decrease in tax is to reoresent maintenance of the road and whatnot.

Grouchio's Avatar Vicarius

Can there be an alternate version to this that either does not encounter terrifying roman expansion (meaning it has as much a chance as any other faction) or one set place starting in 470 AUC? Sure there are other mods out there that do it, but your mod has the best unit and landscape graphics to date! I beg of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    It's to depict the realistic costs of running an empire. Roads decrease tax income because they would have had to be looked after and maintained, same with the public buildings like the aqueducts, libraries etc.
    yes but when i build say tax reforms the description says: " tax bonus (or penalty) 40%" is there only a penalty when its negative?

also my men don't seem to line up properly and its mildly annoying does the patch fix this bug? thanks this is the best rtw mod to date!
    Last edited by emperorfrance; June 16, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Yeap thats right, if its a negative number its a penalty, otherwise its a tax bonus.

yes but when i build say tax reforms the description says: " tax bonus (or penalty) 40%" is there only a penalty when its negative?
    It's to reflect the fact that it can be both bonus or penalty depending on the building.

EDIT : Important threads to read added.
    Last edited by Paedric; June 17, 2011 at 03:42 PM.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

I've just installed RS 2.1a on my Windows 7 System with the R:TW Gold Version on Steam.

Made it step by step using your instructions...

1. installing R:TW via steam
    2. 'installing' RS 2.0 in an empty directory
    3. copying the 'installed' data into the R:TW-folder and overwriting if necessary (my directory looked the same like the ones pictured in your screenshots)
    4. unzipping the data out of the Patch 2.1a-zip-file into the R:TW-directory and overwriting if necessary

When I start with the R:TW link, RS starts up and I can play it ... (absolutely awesome!) BUT... I can not start any campaign! In the single player menu are only two buttons: 'Custom Battle' or 'Historical Battle' (both work fine)

When I start with the R:TW BI link, the BI-startup screen pops up and rests there... without going any further. When I get bored of this, I can quit the screen by pressing the ESC-key...
    Last edited by EinBein; June 23, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

You should use the launcher, which you can find in the /launcher-folder within the map RS II is installed into.
    Vale,

That workes! Thanks

Indefinitely Banned

Why do the hoplites bareley use there spears? they just automanicalley switch to there swords most of the time

youhooo is this not a qusetions and ancewers thread? sorry for sounding rude
    Last edited by apple; July 05, 2011 at 10:54 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

ah they just do dude, if enemy troops managed to get past the spear point, or flanked, some if not all, will change to the sword, i rarely use the greek factions, so couldn't say, but as a roman fan boy, i literally force my troops thru a phalax to break it/ over run it, if i can't flank it. Otherwise your be there all day getting poked in the face, but some will eventually get past the spear points while becoming tied and the phalax will start break. You should use phalaxs/hoplites to wear down a enemy font line, holding them in postion, then send in fresh melee/sword troops around the flanks, and watch the enemy line crumble.

Just use them as a buffer to wear down troops in front of good troops staying fresh, again not a big greek player, but ill probably wouldn't have more then 4 - 5 phalax units in a stack, there to slow moving, and die to easy once flanked, unless there your elite hoplites which could hold a postion if surrounded on there own for alot longer

when attacked by multiple stacks, they make a good static front line to hold enemy in place, but you need other troops to make use of it, before they evetually have to switch to there swords. But its the same with vanilla rome, they will change to there secondary weapon if the formation starts to crumble depending on how badly there being flanked or overun.

Also you may get a better response here

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=382257

Sorry if this question has been asked before, however I could not find an answer anywhere, not even on the great google! Is there only one Roman reform? I know how to initiate the Marian reform, just curious if there are anymore? Thanks in advance!
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    youhooo is this not a qusetions and ancewers thread? sorry for sounding rude
    Well, not really. It's a thread for common question with their answer so people don't start a new thread asking the same question.

If you want answer about a specific gameplay element, you'd better create a new thread.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, however I could not find an answer anywhere, not even on the great google! Is there only one Roman reform? I know how to initiate the Marian reform, just curious if there are anymore? Thanks in advance!
    Yes, there is only one that represents the Marian reform.
    Under the patronage of apple.
    Patron of ybbon66.

Got a couple of questions, not sure where I had to put them, thought this would be a save bet.

-First of all; historically speaking, when should I be using the legions (from marius reforms onwards) territorially speaking (after I conquer spain and carthage)?
    -Second: how long should I wait before going to expand my territories? I waited lots of turns in my current campaign and I'm in a attrition war with spain, for every 1 stack I got there (which at one point was 6) he had 12 to 16 to counter that, of course 30 to 50% of their stacks are skirmish cavalry which annoys the hell out of me.
    -Third: When should I be using the shield wall mode for triarii? Only when facing enemy cavalry or also when facing enemy infantry?

This the Republic at 100BC - roughly the time of the reforms:
    http://www.roman-empire.net/maps/emp...t/100bc-2.html

So, the empire should look roughly like that when you trigger your reforms.
    You should attempt to start using the first named and numbered legions when you invade Syria & Pontus (from the the section labelled "Effects of Pompey's Eastern Campaign" onwards).
    You should be in the position to build the Curia Hostilia in as many provinces as possible by the time you annex Egypt and Judea, to simulate the reforms of the Roman Army instituted by Augustus (the first Emperor, who came to the throne in 27BC) - which the Curia Hostilia represents by making the regularised auxilia of the Imperial Roman Army available, as well as the later named and numbered legions equipped with Lorica Segmentata.
    The historical boundaries of the empire should then be expanded as per the instructions below these three maps:
    http://www.roman-empire.net/maps/emp.../augustus.html
    http://www.roman-empire.net/maps/emp.../claudius.html
    http://www.roman-empire.net/maps/emp...nt/trajan.html

Note: as the three easternmost provinces on the last map (Armenia, Mesopotamia, and Assyria) were conquered between 113 and 117, and then abandoned by Hadrian in 118 following Trajan's death, they are beyond the historically "stable" limits of the Empire, and so are outside the Roman AOR. However, the areas between Pannonia and Dacia, and Dacia and Moesia Inferior were taken earlier, and stupidly abandoned by Hadrian (as so doing triples the length of the frontier), and Marcus Aurelius was planning their re-annexation before his death, these areas are in the Roman AOR. Hope that helps.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

do you have to go through the marina reforms to build roman barracks, and if not, how do you build them?

For the Romans, the "Oppidum" buildings are like the RTW Barracks, Stable and Archery range trees all rolled in to one. They represent how Romanised the province is. As the Oppidum expands, so too do your recruitment options as the area attracts ever more Roman Citizens.
    'Ecce, Roma Surrectum!' Beta Tester and Historian
    Under the proud patronage of MarcusTullius

K, thanks

Thanks rory, I never knew that lol +rep
    Don't forget to rep me if you like something I did/ or not lol

See that green thingy under the Carroburg banner? click it!

Pwning as the Pope on VH/VH Savage AI SS 6.4!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=430026

johnnieangel's Avatar Tiro

For the educated masses.....how do you upgrade to gold arms and shield bonus for troops as Rome? Am I missing the Vulcan temple ?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

what does S.E. stand for?