Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: RS II: Questions & Answers

Default Re: RS II: Questions & Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    using a GTX 560 Ti and a 2500k. guess the engine is much too old for my hardware.
    It's only the main CPU speed that will make any difference - the GPU will have no effect whatsoever - because the engine was written before GPUs.....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Not true. The game will only use one of your cpu's cores but Windows and all other programs you got running will use the others so you get some extra boost from that.
    The GPU will undoubtedly help but RTW was made very CPU intense so it wont help as much as in modern games.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

the difficulty that has been recommended is H/H, but i have a question about Battle difficulty: if you set it to H or VH, will it make enemy units 'stronger' in battle than what their stats indicate on the campaign map?

edit: nevermind, tried the first battle and i'm getting 10-20 fps even after following tone's suggestions in the sticky under the technical help forum.

using a GTX 560 Ti and a 2500k. guess the engine is much too old for my hardware.
    Simple, overclock the hell out of your cpu, I think yours can reach 4ghz pretty easily. And yes leave turbo enabled, that way the one core that will be loaded, will have more thermal budget

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Quote Originally Posted by ur-Lord Tedric View Post
    It's only the main CPU speed that will make any difference - the GPU will have no effect whatsoever - because the engine was written before GPUs.....
    Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Not true. The game will only use one of your cpu's cores but Windows and all other programs you got running will use the others so you get some extra boost from that.
    The GPU will undoubtedly help but RTW was made very CPU intense so it wont help as much as in modern games.
    Okay - but I pretty much thought that's what I said....
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

can i recruit mercenary elephants? i'm the spartans and would love to have a few elephants to counter the rebels elephants, that always slaughters my army. i had 8 legions of pike phalnax in a street, and one little group of 36 elephants slaughtered them all without a single loss. is that normal? any advice on fighting elephants?

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazovmm View Post
    Simple, overclock the hell out of your cpu, I think yours can reach 4ghz pretty easily. And yes leave turbo enabled, that way the one core that will be loaded, will have more thermal budget
    it was already at 4.0 GHz when i tried.

is there anyone who is getting more than 40+ fps at a resolution of 1920x1080 (or other similarly sized resolutions) with Huge unit sizes? and if so, how?!
    Last edited by snuggans; September 21, 2012 at 02:10 PM.

1920?....mate i bet any rts game will have a hard time getting more than 40fps at that kind of resolution.....

do u have a gtx?? that doublegpu-toaster nvidia is selling? If that is so, u may need an i7 with all unlocked

karamazovmm's Avatar スマトラ警備隊

it was already at 4.0 GHz when i tried.

is there anyone who is getting more than 40+ fps at a resolution of 1920x1080 (or other similarly sized resolutions) with Huge unit sizes? and if so, how?!
    overclock the gpu as well?

The very ugly forgive, but beauty is essential - Vinicius de Moraes

Mr. Hammer's Avatar Foederatus

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I'll ask here:

I am quite new to this mod, and just now started a roman campaign (already did a seleucid one, so I've got the basics down)
    There's just one thing I'm a bit confused about, and that's the first rebellion.
    Historically, the romans were slaughtered at lake trestimere (spelling?), a second location, and at Cannae. Capua believed that the Carthaginians might actually be able to defeat Rome, and so it defected in hope of taking Romes' place after Hannibal had won the war. This is very well simulated in the game, there is however one tiny thing that irritates me.
    I defeated Hannibal right off the bat, killing him and destroying his army. On the second turn I took the Baliares, along with Genoa, and Carthago itself is under siege by my mighty legions
    This is where it doesn't make sense any longer. Capua alone, without Carthaginian support, would never be able to challenge Rome. but still it does. I just think that this in a way defeats the accomplishment of defeating Hannibal.
    If you lose, hits the fan, this is historically correct.
    If you win, you shouldn't need to fight off the rebellion, since the circumstances and conditions that caused Capua to revolt never found place.
    I assume it was made this way to stop the player from Blitzing Africa/Spain/Greece after Hannibals defeat?
    It's a very cool feature, I just want to know if there's a way to stop it from happening, or reduce its severity? 3 rebel stacks + bankruptcy.. that

Well you SHOULD lose the battle and without killing Hannibal, thats the way the mod is planned. If you change the basic concept of the mod dont wonder when the script isnt 100% logical anymore.