Thread: campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects - Which numbers corresponds to which difficulty setting?

edders's Avatar Senator

Default campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects - Which numbers corresponds to which difficulty setting?

I've been trying to mod various elements of the game to give the player and AI as even a footing as possible, and I'm currently looking at "campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects" to try and remove agent/trade/unrest etc. bonuses. But the "Difficulty" column lists everything from -3 all the way up to +3. Does anyone know what numbers represent Easy up to Legendary Difficulty?

Default Re: campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects - Which numbers corresponds to which difficulty setting?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=270580

confused as well. They say there's no "2" and yet they mention, -1 to 2 for the AI.

All I'm certain of is 0 is normal difficulty, TRUE is player, FALSE is AI. Manly difficulty could either be -3 or -2 for the player and 3 or 2 for the AI.

Default Re: campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects - Which numbers corresponds to which difficulty setting?

It isn't toally obvious, but it goes like this:

True = Player
    For the player: -3 = legendary, -2 = very hard, -1 = hard, 0 = normal, 1 = easy

False = The AI
    For the AI: -1 = easy, 0 = normal, 1 = hard, 2 = very hard, 3 = legendary

It makes sense if you think of it this way; at legendary the AI get 3, and the player get -3.

Thanks Vragos for this clarification.

edders's Avatar Senator

Thanks bro, assumed this thread had been swallowed by the void