Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 310 B.C. -Samnium Calling (v0.95)

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: 310 B.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Costanzo View Post
    -Console changed to Key:q, changed in descr_shortcuts and manually changed ingame (works for me, hope for you guys too!)
    It does now, thanks. I didn't know it had to be changed in-game, too.

A couple of things I did notice, though.
    *The Ptolemaic capitol should be Alexandria, not Memphis.
    *The Romans can't built any temples.
    *As you know, some units lack descriptions. I've seen this actually cause battle CTDs in the past (we had this issue with Sparta: Total War 3.5 during beta testing).

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Sonny, do I have to edit something in the map?
    Thatīll be great. Iīd love to include your results into the mod, if that it fine with you (plus credits of course). But you donīt have to...
    Can I suggest a few more settlements in Greece? Right now it's quite big and quite empty.

BTW, I went all the way though the expanded_bi file and fixed some errors, such as occasional misspellings, leftover references to Dacia, Scipii, and Julii, changed every mention of "Romans (Senate)" to just "Romans", and such. It also includes a few suggestions to Sonny for renamed factions (such as "Germanians" to "Germanic Tribes" and "Celts" to "Celtic Tribes"). So here's my optional expanded_bi file if anyone wants to use it.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

yea, we all did that too, Sonny updated it too

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pharoh View Post
    The problim is with changing the dacians into the antigonoids is that the dacians in vanilla hardley ever expand
    That's just from my experince with rome total war

@spartan198: Thanks for your expanded_bi.txt. Iīll add it as it is into my next update.

@lolIsuck: If suggesting is o.k for you iīd suggest more regions in greece, italy and southern france (for Massilia and the celtic tribes to fight for)

Proudly under patronage of Ishan

Thatīll be great. Iīd love to include your results into the mod, if that it fine with you (plus credits of course). But you donīt have to...
    I'm still just trying out, I edited a region and gave Epirus to Epirus (don't have Sonny's updates) but I can't find the garrison from Epirus, the coordinates don't match, I found something on the x coordinate, but the y coordinate is different, maybe it's inverted. For Greece and the area around Rome, there are of course some great settlements (mainly Greece) but the settlements are really close.
    Sonny, ther's like 4 descr_strat, wich one is used?
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 07, 2011 at 10:18 AM.

I'm still just trying out, I edited a region and gave Epirus to Epirus (don't have Sonny's updates) but I can't find the garrison from Epirus, the coordinates don't match, I found something on the x coordinate, but the y coordinate is different, maybe it's inverted. For Greece and the area around Rome, there are of course some great settlements (mainly Greece) but the settlements are really close.
    Hereīs my v0.72 descr_strat. Hope it can help you (Epirus got Epirus, Antigonids have 3 Large Towns...):

And what about the descr_strat, just the normal one. You also have descr_strat modden and some more.
    Posts some settlements you want to have and some you want to replace (I guess one in Scotland and around Scythia) so I can change them

Iīm afraid I deleted them

And what about the descr_strat, just the normal one. You also have descr_strat modden and some more.
    Posts some settlements you want to have and some you want to replace (I guess one in Scotland and around Scythia) so I can change them
    Iīd suggest to change Solaka/Scirii, Circinn/Pictland, Gelani/Sauromatae, Kura/Carenitide, Ubiorum/Tribus Ubii, Vicus Quadi/Tribus Quadi into Rhegion (south Italy), Agrigent (Sicily), Benevent(central Italy), Thebes (Greece), Elis (Greece) and Emporion (Spain).
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; May 07, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

I propose Thebes (greece), Mycene, Pylos, Monaco, Nice, maybe some region in north Corsica, one north of Rome and Ostia. I suggest replacing some of the regions in Scotland(3 regions for a non centered area+you are going to delete the Britons) Russia and Northern Europe, maybe one in the Sahara or the east
    EDIT: not all of them of course.
    I already changed the position of Tribus Ubii to south of the Rhine and I was going to change the region to Tribus Eburoni with Coriovallum as settlement
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 07, 2011 at 12:10 PM.

I propose Thebes (greece), Mycene, Pylos, Monaco, Nice, maybe some region in north Corsica, one north of Rome and Ostia. I suggest replacing some of the regions in Scotland(3 regions for a non centered area+you are going to delete the Britons) Russia and Northern Europe, maybe one in the Sahara or the east
    EDIT: not all of them of course.
    I already changed the position of Tribus Ubii to south of the Rhine and I was going to change the region to Tribus Eburoni with Coriovallum as settlement
    Great!!!

Editing the region's position isn't difficult, it's just all the things you have to change
    EDIT:Can I replace one of the regions in Dacia (the small one)?
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 07, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Editing the region's position isn't difficult, it's just all the things you have to change
    EDIT:Can I replace one of the regions in Dacia (the small one)?
    Tried it several times. Not one little success.
    Of course can replace that region

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't think Mycenae or Pylos were very important at the time. I'd suggest replacing them with Argos and either Elis or Olympia instead. Those two, combined with the already-present Sparta and Corinth, should divide the Peloponnese up quite evenly.

Map
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I think Spartan198 is right about greece.

Hereīs a new preview of my Massilians:
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; May 08, 2011 at 06:06 AM.

I'll change Mycenae with Argos and I will add Elis, wasn't planning on putting Pylos in but if you want Elis, I'm fine with that. The only problem is, it won't change the map to the edited one, it just loads the old one (with one region changed from your map, I replaced that one. I will try again now, delete my previous attempts with the original file and if that doesn't work, I just delete everything, download the last version and do everything from the start

Version 0.8 released. Massilia is replacing the Britons (complete with UI, maps, strat_map, startpos...)

This time you donīt have to downlad the whole mod again. v0.8 zip only includes the new and fixed stuff, just unzip to your rtw folder (v0.72 has to be installed first)...

for the download link check the first page

Edit: Please note that the Theban Hoplites (greek_cities) and Apolloīs Guard (massilia) do still not have the right Ui cards and no shield texture. Try to fix that for the next update
    Last edited by Sonny Costanzo; May 08, 2011 at 09:29 AM.

So I just put the data map in or do I have to replace things?

i'm in the special thanks.that's nice,but why am I in it?for the corrected text?

@lolIsuck: iīm afraid youīll have to download v0.72 first, then install it, then download v0.8, insert the new europa270bc folder into your rtw folder and click overwrite when asked.

@nomad93 Youīre welcome, of course itīs for your help with the text files