Thread: Amrerican civil war mod wont work

Icon8 modded etw ctd at startup help

i have installed american civil war blue and grey mod and when i start it i crashes at startup can anyone help please

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: modded etw ctd at startup help

Since the crash is due to the mod, post in the mod forum, and with a few more details as to how you installed it as well.

Icon8 Amrerican civil war mod wont work

Can anybody help me i have installed ACW Blue and Grey 2.6 and at startup crashes to desktop with an error message i dont have any other mod installed this is only mod i tried to reinstall only mod then whole game didn t work help please

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Re: Amrerican civil war mod wont work

Download this program and check if you have any entrys of other mods in your user.script. Double check if you have any mod.packs left over in your data folder. Check if you installed ACW in the right Directory empire/data/acw.
    Check if you have the latest Patch.

i have checked entries i dont have any mods left in data acw is installed correctly, and when i install the latest patch the game chrashes at startup just like with acw

A legal version will update the game with standard settings be itīs own with steam.
    Without a full patched ETW you will not be able to play this and many other bigger mods.

IF you think your game is up2date and it wonīt run the mod, you can post an screenshot of your data folder. This will help.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Problems & Solutions There are 4 possible problems....

A) (IF) You get the error empire.exe is not found. This means the mod is not installed in the correct destination.
    Solution: Uninstall and reinstall the mod please.

B) (IF) Your Game start up and crash without "empire.exe not found" then is in 95% a file in your data folder which loads with our mod and get a conflict.
    These must not be full mods, simple localisation files can screw it up.
    Solution: Find the file or if you want let us find it. Simple give us a screenshot from the folder ".../empire total war/data/"

C) IF you can be sure that no other files then vanilla ones are in your data folder, then it can be that some of the mod files are corrupted, mostly while downloading.
    This means not a virus, simple a file transfer problem.
    Solution: Uninstall the mod, let steam check your game files, download the mod new and install it fresh.

D) Your Empire Total War is not patched up to version 1.6

Hope this helps, shokh

I answered again but please take a look at the last posting date.
    For new problems open up a new thread please.