Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Suggestions (Gameplay)

Senator

Default Re: Genoa!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Bulgar_Slayer View Post
    The current map will have to be extended to get Genoa in, but they will certainly have to be in at some point due to their obvious importance in the area.
    Yay!

Libertus

Default Greek culture

Excuse me if I post something about this the third time, but I want to know only how much work is needed to create a new culture of the game.
    You can create a new culture called greek who will make the buildings for bizantynes look like the roman ones from RTW? (the empire maintained some elements from the ancient culture, excepting religion, gladiator fights and other stuff who was oposite to religion) A metropolis like Constantinopole had reasons to be wanted by christians and also by muslims, due to its monuments and ancient wonder.

The buidings can remain the same, cause modernization has expanded his borders over all Europe in time, but the houses should look like in this image at bizantynes, because the ancient rears were destroied only in the time of the turk occupation, and the houses haved over 1000 years when the game is starting.
    The cities can have also fountains and plazas with beautiful trees and paved roads.
    The greek culture had some new influences, but it existed as an ancient - medieval combination, and the old traditions were hard eliminated.
    So how much work is needed to create a new culture, like northern european, southern european or middle eastern? There are much files to be changed?
    I want to help but my problem is that temporal I don`t have Kingdoms in the computer and I don`t have space to put it. I have a hard only of 40 Gb.
    Tsardoms total war Moldavia

The eastern resistance

The Bronze boy's Avatar Civis
    Brisbane, not that tiny thing in california, the moderatly larger one in queensland.

Default Re: Greek culture

There already is greek culture, its practically Identical to southern europian in game.
    within us all there is a flicker
    And through our lives
    we must turn it into a fire
    If not it will all be extinguished

Glorfindel's Avatar Centenarius

yeah
    Glorfindel, the Lord of the House of the Golden Flower

...Glorfindel was tall and straight, his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of joy, his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music, on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was strength...

... the Elven-wise, lords of the Eldar from beyond the furthest seas. They do not fear the Ringwraiths, for those who have dwelt in the Blessed Realm live at once in both worlds, and against both the Seen and the Unseen they have great power...

It isnt possible to import new buildings on the battle map.

TTW GRANDMASTER

Libertus

Ok.

The eastern resistance

Senator

Is it not possible just to reskin the buildings?

pacco's Avatar -master-of-none-

Quote Originally Posted by Basil 11 View Post
    Is it not possible just to reskin the buildings?
    Thatīs possible!!!

Skinner and modeller for Roma Surrectum
    Under the patronage of Tone
    my shield collection

excuse me but the ancient rears you mention were destroyed(and stolen) like 2 centuries before turks, by the crusaders and venetians.

Libertus

There existed some influences from them, but let`s look at the cities: Byzantium never looked like northern Italy.
    Come on, this is 100% Venetian architecture. I will prove this imformation if you want:
    The period of the Macedonian dynasty, traditionally considered the epitome of Byzantine art, has not left a lasting legacy in architecture. It is presumed that Basil I's votive church of the Theotokos of Phoros (no longer extant) served as a model for most cross-in-square sanctuaries of the period, including the monastery church of Hosios Lukas in Greece (ca. 1000), Nea Moni of Chios (a pet project of Constantine IX), and the Daphni Monastery near Athens (ca. 1050).
    The cross-in-square type also became predominant in the Slavic countries which were Christianized by Greek missionaries during the Macedonian period. The Hagia Sophia church in Ochrid (present-day Macedonia) and the eponymous cathedral in Kiev (present-day Ukraine) testify to a vogue for multiple subsidiary domes set on drums, which would gain in height and narrowness with the progress of time.

All this text is copied from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzanti...#Middle_period

So, the byzantine empire made changes in architecture, but they concentrated on churches and monasteries, so the old ancient style maintained at the houses. The byzantins don`t wanted to accept the western architecture due to their pride. They created much new architectual styes in the medieval era, but only in religion or at palaces.

The eastern resistance

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

forgive me but what are "rears"?
    apart from my surname...

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by pacco View Post
    Thatīs possible!!!
    How exactly is it possible to reskin / model buildings - I might like to have a go myself - but I understand it would be very hard work - are there any tutorials out there?? :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Basil 11 View Post
    How exactly is it possible to reskin / model buildings - I might like to have a go myself - but I understand it would be very hard work - are there any tutorials out there?? :hmmm:
    Yes, itīs hard work - you can reskin buildings, but think that you canīt do anything with model buildings.
    In RTW that is possiblle too, but in M2TW, not sure! :hmmm:

my shield collection

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Yes, itīs hard work - you can reskin buildings, but think that you canīt do anything with model buildings.
    In RTW that is possiblle too, but in M2TW, not sure! :hmmm:
    So... are you saing that you can reskin buildings in M2TW and it is difficult, or are you saying that you can do it in RTW and is difficult, and may be possible in M2TW but your not sure.
    Sorry I'm a but confused...:hmmm:
    EDIT:HAHA ^ "but" instead of "bit", I'm from New Zealand!! [gasp] ANy Australians will get that joke
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

RTW and M2TW are almost the same game.
    YES - I reskined RTW vanilla buildings, not work on M2TW, but as I said these two games have same engine - itīs difficult - one model could have 5 - 10 - 15 texture files (or .dds - like in RTW) - and it shared some of them with other buildings - if you change one for your model that could be the problem to the other buildings.

Do you understand now?

my shield collection

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

RTW and M2TW are almost the same game.
    YES - I reskined RTW vanilla buildings, not work on M2TW, but as I said these two games have same engine - itīs difficult - one model could have 5 - 10 - 15 texture files (or .dds - like in RTW) - and it shared some of them with other buildings - if you change one for your model that could be the problem to the other buildings.

Do you understand now?
    AH I see. Yes I understand now thanks for clarifying
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Senator

Default Settlements

I presume you guys have heard about the "world modified" stuff about changing buildings etc. A lot of mods are talking about using this feature - will Tsardoms be using it?
    I think it would really benefit the gameplay of sieges - particularly those of Orthodox factions!

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Settlements

Maybe this sounds "noby" but what kinnda "world modified stuff" do you mean could you give me a link for some inofs please

Bosnae's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Settlements

Thx for the Link, but as i see Argantonio is not finished with that world modiefied stuff or is he?