Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Suggestions (Gameplay)

Libertus

Default Re: Questions about orthodox factions

How can you play as an orthodox faction in Medieval II Total war?
    For example, you can join crusades with the catholic countries? You will recive orders from Costantinopole exactly as from the pope and you can fight with the heretics also? I hope that the inquisition don`t exist at muslim or orthodox factions, cause this will make the game more realistic.

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

We haven't decided that yet. There will be crusades, but crusading era is slowly dying so they won't be common. There may be some options for orthodox factions to call for a crusade in a sense asking support from catholic christians for fight against muslims. We're going to work out the details later in the development stage. For now, units are a priority. Feel free to make suggestions. Good ideas are always welcome....

There will be no inquisition for orthodox and muslim factions of course.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Why?Heretics were part of every religion......
    How about give that option to emissaries(King's will)or in orthodox bishops?
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Well, there were Orthodox councils where different heresies were outlawed, but I think most of them didn't end up with killing the heretics, but rather more with branding and exiling them (though there were cases when they were burned on the stake too).

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

I meant there will be no inquisitor characters for orthodox and muslim factions. We'll probably limit the influence of all religious characters. I never liked the idea of placing three priests and having entire province convert from christian to muslim, or the other way around in several turns... It will be more complex and longer in TTW.

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    Well, there were Orthodox councils where different heresies were outlawed, but I think most of them didn't end up with killing the heretics, but rather more with branding and exiling them (though there were cases when they were burned on the stake too).
    You are right Nike but as long i've read even in Catholic Inquisition the Pyre was not the ruleBut ofcourse there were dark times with pyre be the punishment for a lot of people
    Exile and other panalties were more often be practiced....

Anyway in Byzantine history different dogmas led to a number of unrest and they were beated by force...(Paulikians)
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

The Paulicians were the exception rather than the rule though, and in relative terms they got off reasonably lightly. On the whole the Byzantine Imperial authorities never went in for systematised killing in the manner of the Latin Church authorities.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

But how will crusades like this be done? Things like that were less conquering a holy city but recruting an army to fight against a certain state. perhaps you can make the crusades as conquering several regions or preventing from conquerin a city somehow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: General Discussion

I have an idea!
    Instead of just "Execute" you can also impale prisoners or hanging them.
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: Climate change - little ice age

I have been thinking a bit on this.

With regards to the Little Ice Age, I cant make it appear on the campaign map. Its just not possible.

Duce mentioned scripting a limited income. That can be done but I am not sure how the AI will handle it when I just remove income from them.

Another option is to trigger a plague and just call it Little Ice Age in the event window that shows up. It will still show a settlement with plague on the campaign map though.

Default Civil wars?

I remember there was a topic on someting like civil wars.Is something like that going to be in 1.0,because i have not seen anyone talking about it.
    If yes,will it be possible to have two rebelions at the time.It would be cool to watch the two rebelion factions destroying each other and then just jump in.

The_Bulgar_Slayer's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Civil wars?

Most factions will have a shadow faction that will appear if a city or family member rebels, similar to the Roman Empire Rebel factions in Barbarian Invasion. Once the shadow capital is taken and faction leader is killed the faction will disappear. If the original faction is eliminated, the shadow will their place. Because most factions have shadow factions it is possible that Shadow Byzantium could be fighting Shadow Bulgaria and Shadow Serbia. If you want to see what it is like try Byzantium, they will start the campaign in the middle of a civil war with their shadow faction.

Official Byzantine Historian for Tzardoms:Total War

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Default Minor idea that stuck to my head

I know there will be an AOR system for the units but i came up with something.

It is possible, besides AoR, to have an independant system that will radically "convert" a settlement? What i mean is that, same way the Brittannia campaign has a cultural system that changes the units and buildings available, Tsardoms should have the same thing.

So if for example the Ottoman conquer a Bulgarian settlement, it will slowly start converting to the Turkish culture. So Bulgarian units will not be available for the Ottomans, but their own units. Maybe even a name change, from Slavic to Turkish, or something.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Default Re: Minor idea that stuck to my head

The cultural system in Britannia was simply the religious one with a new name (since there weren't different religions in the campaign). So, while there can't be a cultural and a religious system both at once, I also doubt that units would be able to be tied simply to the religion - f.e. there might be a difference in religions of the Ottomans and the Bulgarians, but there is none between the Bulgarians and the Byzantines - both are Orthodox and they need to have different units.

I know that Brittannia had a renamed religion system. Too bad you can't have both. Oh well...i tried, at least.

Cool!cant wait!

Orko's Avatar Praeses

I think you can. In one RTW mod religions were added. that means another bar like that can be added.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

This sounds great!

Is it the same system tho?

Yes, the mod you're thinking of is Chivalry: Total War, which did involve religions. However, the religion thing didn't really do anything except affect public order; I'm not sure how something like changing units can be implemented.