Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsardoms Total War - Suggestions (Gameplay)

slavic_crusader's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Crusades

well if u give hungary more from these crusades, it will make the game more fun, i suppose. What u people think? Just say u become a strong state, the game will start to get boring, so more power for hungary(at least a chance would fun and challenging)
    Слава Слога и вјеру у Бога!!!
    Slava Sloga i Vjeru u Boga

Supporter of Eastern Europe Total War!

Crusades were lead by Hungaria against the Bosnian christians. That's an interesting thing I think. As far as I know; during the time of the bosnian ban Ninoslav a crusade was organised against Bosnia.

And when the Bosnian king Tvrtko wanted to invade the city of Split; the Hungarian general wrote from this city to the Hungarian king that the " "Bosnians who are non-believers" are our kingdom".
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

ok what is the significants of that for this?

matija191's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian_King View Post
    Crusades were lead by Hungaria against the Bosnian christians. That's an interesting thing I think. As far as I know; during the time of the bosnian ban Ninoslav a crusade was organised against Bosnia.

And when the Bosnian king Tvrtko wanted to invade the city of Split; the Hungarian general wrote from this city to the Hungarian king that the " "Bosnians who are non-believers" are our kingdom".
    are you sure that hungarian general defended Split?i think that Croatians defend Split, not the Hungarian.
    and crusader army that attacked Bosnia was largely composed of Croatians, not the Hungarians.Crusaders were led by brother of hungarian king Bela IV, the croatian herzog Koloman, who died after the battla of river Sajo 1241.

matija191's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by slavic_crusader View Post
    ok what is the significants of that for this?
    agreed!

2Shy's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't think that this small crusades against Bosna must be presented in-game.We should think of them just like part oh Hungarian-Bosnian wars.The only difference(may be more) is that someone SAID that he atack someone else in the name of god ( deam this is what the crusades are all about ).

PS-we are not shure about the religion of the bosnians(Bosnian King should tell us more-in the books and the documentary movies I had read/watched they were presented as multy religional-krstiani,muslums,christians ... )

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Don't worry, those "small crusades" can't be put in, considering they're around a century before the mod's start date, as far as I understood.

Btw, although it's OP - Bosnian King, when exactly was the Bosnian crusade? Because in the early 1230s the Pope also threatened us with a crusade (since we broke the unia with Rome and returned to full Orthodoxy), but the Hungarians were rather... reluctant to comply (although a few years earlier they took Oltenia).

The bosnians in the time consisted of catholic, orthodox, and Krstijani(i think thats the state religion of the time) Not Islam, thats Ottoman period

ShockBlast's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    The big questions are:
    1) What is the trigger?
    a. Capture of key cities. In my opinion this would not add to the historical accuracy. The Long Crusade and the one at Varna for instance were not called against a specific annexation but rather to lift the siege of Constantinople. We might make a script for a crusader army to appear when Constantinople is besieged, but it sounds harder than it should be.
    b. Make a script for when the Ottomans reach a certain size. If the Ottomans have 1/3 of their objectives, call a crusade. If the Ottomans have 1/2 of their objectives, call another crusade etc.
    c. Let the player decide when to call crusades while playing as Catholic factions.

2) Who controls the crusader army?
    a. It is an AI faction that will work like the Timurids or Mongols.
    b. It will be controlled by Hungary, which makes sense historically.
    I agree with 1.b.
    I think crusades should work like they work now,you commit an army and you strat marching.As far as i know Poland played an important role in those crusades also so it would be unfair for them and the other factions who joined.
    Who knows,maybe Hungary will not be on the map when the Turks achieve some of their goals so it would be better for each faction to control their crusading army.
    When it comes to point 2 i am for c:the faction that joins the crusade will control the cursading army.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Yes but as far as I'm aware Orthodox factions can't control a crusade in the Medieval II engine... (can they?)

If its put in that Hungary has to control the crusade, it would be more historically accurate, but it would need to be counter balanced by some sort of tax on Hungary. But even if Hungary leads a crusade, how would other factions like serbia contribute their troops and resources as they did in history. Is this possible?
    Could a non-player horde faction be made called Crusaders, that both orthodox and catholics can give their troops to?
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

phoenix[illusion]'s Avatar Palman Bracht

well, it'll be good idea to make balkan "crusades" against ottomans. For example Serbs consider Battle of Kosovo as Crusade against Islamic religion, so as the Bosnians.
    not my region anymore, duce took mod folder into his hands
    well, about Hungarian crusades with balkan nations, it is a good idea, but as a horde
    long time no see, but still twc drug kickin'
    check out Tsardoms: Total War!
    Under patronage of respectable Annaeus
    Patron of honorable Giacomo Colonna

so can you say if it's posible or not .

PS- we want more previews !

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Yes but as far as I'm aware Orthodox factions can't control a crusade in the Medieval II engine... (can they?)

If its put in that Hungary has to control the crusade, it would be more historically accurate, but it would need to be counter balanced by some sort of tax on Hungary. But even if Hungary leads a crusade, how would other factions like serbia contribute their troops and resources as they did in history. Is this possible?
    Could a non-player horde faction be made called Crusaders, that both orthodox and catholics can give their troops to?
    Would it be possible to script that when Hungary starts a crusade against Ottomans it gets few Serbian (or whoever) units unless it is at war with Serbia (or whoever)?
    Has signatures turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    I don't think that this small crusades against Bosna must be presented in-game.We should think of them just like part oh Hungarian-Bosnian wars.The only difference(may be more) is that someone SAID that he atack someone else in the name of god ( deam this is what the crusades are all about ).

PS-we are not shure about the religion of the bosnians(Bosnian King should tell us more-in the books and the documentary movies I had read/watched they were presented as multy religional-krstiani,muslums,christians ... )
    Hungarians often wrote to the pope about the fact that "Bonians were heretics" but this was more a political attempt to get permission from the pope to invade bosnia. It happened very often in the middle ages. But also the serbian noble Vukan who tried to become a serbian king wrote to the pope (who he considered as his ally) about the fact that Bosnia should be invaded because of the heretics.

We may be can't see this as real crtusades. It was more a political attempt to conquer Bosnia. Especially in the time of Kulin the Hungarians were very active with wrtining to the pope about "heretics in Bosnia". Fortunately all this documents from the 12. century were preserved so we know it. In this time the pope send to Bosnia two cardinals and the Bosnian ruler Kulin; together with 10.000 Bosnians converted himself to catholisim. This was a very smart attempt because he took the pressure of Hungaria away. Unfortunatelu Hungary continued with this game untill the the mid of the 14. century when the Bosnians decided to do something against this Hungarians dirty game so they invaded Hungariaan lands and Bosnia became the leading power in the many wars of the South-Slavs against the Hungarian crown.
    kada se bjehmo svadili, tada nas Stjepan Rajkovic umiri i da nam nas grad Bobovac, a neda ga dati Ugrom.

"And when we were in a quarrel between each other; Stijepan Rajkovic calmed us down. And we entrusted our capital of Bobovac to him after which he defended it against the Hungarians (King Tvrtko I Kotromanic 1366.)"

Default Re: Mod Questions

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/ View Post
    Will you guys still use rebel shadow factions like you were postulating on a couple of years ago; e.g. 'Hungarian Rebels', or 'Byzantine Despot' etc.?
    Hungary_shadow=
    Naples_shadow=
    Trinacria_shadow=
    Serbia_shadow=
    Bulgaria_shadow=
    Byzantium_shadow=
    Wallacia_shadow=
    Ottoman_shadow=
    Karamanid_shadow=
    Bosnia_shadow=

we haven't yet decided how should they be named

Quote Originally Posted by 2Shy View Post
    18.Papal State
    yes, but as emerging. papacy was in avignon in that time

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix[illusion] View Post
    Hungary_shadow=
    Naples_shadow=
    Trinacria_shadow=
    Serbia_shadow=
    Bulgaria_shadow=
    Byzantium_shadow=
    Wallacia_shadow=
    Ottoman_shadow=
    Karamanid_shadow=
    Bosnia_shadow=

we haven't yet decided how should they be named
    Cool! I've heard (from the DOTS forums) that a faction resurrect can't occur more then 6 times in the Medieval II engine, is this true? And if it is have you accounted for this
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

What will happen if a shadow faction eliminates the original faction? For example if the byzantine shadow (byzantine rebels) takes over the whole empire and eliminates the byzantine empire. Will the faction still be called byzantine rebels in that case (seeing as they are the only byzantine faction left)? I am asking because i read somewhere that Kingdoms introduced the possibility of changing a faction name through a trigger (as in the case of the Teutonic knights in the northern crusades campaign). Not sure if this is correct or not though.

NapoleonSRB's Avatar Civis

how much factions did u finished?
    Rodjen za Metka

Za sve Srpske dusmane!

Kosovo is Serbia!

Facebook:Петар Пензионер Мирковић

MSN:pero-bl@hotmail.com

Don't worry Wallachian-If you see the second prewiev (which was 2 years age so I'm not sure if it's going to stay that way) the byzantine faction have 5-6 cities/castles and byzantine rebels have only 2 with one of them uder siege by the serbs.So don't worry (be happy ) .

PS-I have never played mode that the shadow faction eliminates the real one.