Thread: all of a sudden cant start new campaign

Default all of a sudden cant start new campaign

Basicly i quit playing for about a week. After my break i decided i wanted to start a new campaign as france in the 1812 campaign. However, when trying to start a new campaign once i click start and the campaign loads, it says i have achieved victory. i also notice that the game mode only has the short campaign option. Also, The victory conditions just say "text". I have absolutley no idea how this happened since i have not touched any files or done anything to the game since last playing a week ago. Basicly i dont have any victory conditions so i win right away. In one of my saves however, there are still the same victory conditions as before. Any help?
    Last edited by Post Hoc; May 03, 2011 at 11:37 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Re: all of a sudden cant start new campaign

It is probably in some way you have had your files modified. If you have not done anything since the last time you played your TROM2 modded game, then probably your PC did not shut the program down correctly and a file got corrupted. Check to insure the user script file is loading the mod in the correct order or that mod manager is loading the mod correctly by going to the installation thread here in TROM2. If this doesn't fix it.

With caution, uninstall TROM2 and all mods, make sure NTW is in it's vanilla state like you download from STEAM or bought and installed and use the verify game files option from steam to verify the integrity of your game. Once that is done, load NTW without mods to insure it is working properly without mods installed. Then install TROM2 again without any other mods. If it starts with TROM2 correctly then you can install any other submods that don't interfere until you get your game to the taste you like. If in loading a submod the game crashes after the submod is loaded, uninstall that submod. If TROM2 work again it is that submod that has caused the problem and don't use it.

If... you've done all the above and cannot get your game to work even in the vanilla form you will have to delete your game from STEAM via the steam remove game option and reinstall the NTW game. Trouble shoot the game to insure it works and then re download the TROM2 mod from the download page. The mod is stable as I have never had any problems with this mod. If you do all this it should install properly.

Just my experience with Total War games so hope this helps!
    Cheers mate!

Default Re: all of a sudden cant start new campaign

Thank! I fixed it.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle