Thread: Someone for the love of god show me the light im desperate!

Icon4 Someone for the love of god show me the light im desperate!

ok guys i really want to know how to get this mod to work, i am really confused on what im supposed to do. I Downloaded LME i have gotten the patches and i found the user.script file. But im confused on this part how do you get the mod to run i have it in the data folder, and i have tried copying and pasting these .pack files in it what ever they are. but i always get the LME startup logo thing. but then it crashes how do i get it to work does NTW need an update or something i have gone through countless threads and no dice. so please can some one help me and please dont shrug me off and send me to another thread. i would really apperciate it. i got this thing to work once and that was for my project then it stopped working. i dont know why so i reinstalled everything and nothing works now!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Icon4 Re: Someone for the love of god show me the light im desperate!

Ok seriously 37 views and no is KIND ENOUGH TO EVEN HELP ME!!! I HAVE LOOKED ON THIS WEBSITE AND I HAVE LOOKED ON YOUTUBE FOR TUTORIALS AND I DO EVERYTHING THEY TELL ME TO DO AND IT STILL WONT WORK. I HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING THIS FOR OVER THREE DAYS BEFORE I FIRST POSTED. CAN SOMEONE JUST SHOW SOME COMPASSION AND HELP YOUR WOULD BE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to play this, Im just so dam angry at how many people view this and no one is willing to help a new person.

Tired of TWC Arrogance

Default Re: Someone for the love of god show me the light im desperate!

Quote Originally Posted by zephspacer View Post
    Ok seriously 37 views and no is KIND ENOUGH TO EVEN HELP ME!!! I HAVE LOOKED ON THIS WEBSITE AND I HAVE LOOKED ON YOUTUBE FOR TUTORIALS AND I DO EVERYTHING THEY TELL ME TO DO AND IT STILL WONT WORK. I HAVE BEEN ATTEMPTING THIS FOR OVER THREE DAYS BEFORE I FIRST POSTED. CAN SOMEONE JUST SHOW SOME COMPASSION AND HELP YOUR WOULD BE FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really want to play this, Im just so dam angry at how many people view this and no one is willing to help a new person.
    Hello. No point in getting angry old chap, although I do understand. TWC can be an odd place (I have pulled all my mods simply because most asses here won't even say thank you), and in this instance you're probably getting no reply because most folks feel that people should be able to work it out... People swiftly forget about when they were the ones needing help.

But I know this stuff is not obvious to all, and I get confused too!! What I suggest you do is to download the files to a separate folder and then move the LME files you want into the data folder. Most importantly, you need to save the vanilla (existing) "boot.pack" to a safe place and make sure you have only the one provided by LME one in the data folder. See if that helps!
    Last edited by Pdguru; May 04, 2011 at 10:15 PM.

I think good start would be for you to paste information from your user.script here, so we can see if there is anything wrong.

And there is no need to copy/paste any .pack files if you downloaded LME installer. Did you follow installation steps in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=388418 ?

This seems to be hapening all over the NTW mods forums, they all jumped to shogun

Ok seriously 37 views and no is KIND ENOUGH TO EVEN HELP ME!!! (...)
    Hey Zephspencer, I just took a peek here, but I have no idea how to help, so number of views doesn't mean that much. Have patience, young Padawan
    Last edited by BullGod; May 05, 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Post some screenies of your user.script file and of your Data folder and I'm sure many will be glad to help

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

I had problems when I first installed LME, but it was due to having other mods installed also. I used the uninstall program for the other mods, then re-installed LME, and then LME worked. (I think I was using Napoleon Total Factions.) If that's not it, it could be the user_script, as others have pointed out.

This mod is definitely worth it.
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

thanks guys I'am currently at school and I had my ntw cd on the computer table which is near the computer room door and my dad is currently resplacing all doors in the house and when he was taking the comp. room door it fell over and crush my ntw disc. But hopefully later tonight i will go get another disc. But i also noticed that my game had only the default ntw version. does this mod require ntw to patches 1,2,3,4 and 5 because thats what i think was wrong on why nothing is working.

LoL, I think my disc just wanted to commit suicide due to the many times of re-installs for trying to get the mods to work!

will report back once i get it and try your suggestions.

thanks guys I'am currently at school and I had my ntw cd on the computer table which is near the computer room door and my dad is currently resplacing all doors in the house and when he was taking the comp. room door it fell over and crush my ntw disc. But hopefully later tonight i will go get another disc. But i also noticed that my game had only the default ntw version. does this mod require ntw to patches 1,2,3,4 and 5 because thats what i think was wrong on why nothing is working.

LoL, I think my disc just wanted to commit suicide due to the many times of re-installs for trying to get the mods to work!

will report back once i get it and try your suggestions.
    How do you get a new cd? If I have a steam version, can I hava a cd?

Quote Originally Posted by Charbel View Post
    How do you get a new cd? If I have a steam version, can I hava a cd?
    I going to be leaving for gamestop to go buy a new Napoleon. I never buy things on steam had major probs with it. But when I get it back i will try this mod out and if it works i want to try it. I just realized something, does this mod work in multiplayer? or should i get Napoleonic wars 3 the multiplayer for that looks quite extreme too. You know what NW3 and LME should just combine i mean come on LME is great for single player(thats what i have heard) and NW3 is awsome with multiplayer(this also is what i have heard).

I dont know....

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

I going to be leaving for gamestop to go buy a new Napoleon. I never buy things on steam had major probs with it. But when I get it back i will try this mod out and if it works i want to try it. I just realized something, does this mod work in multiplayer? or should i get Napoleonic wars 3 the multiplayer for that looks quite extreme too. You know what NW3 and LME should just combine i mean come on LME is great for single player(thats what i have heard) and NW3 is awsome with multiplayer(this also is what i have heard).

I dont know....

In case you haven't uninstalled NTW. Try go online with steam and check gameproperies/cache (or whatever it's called) and see if some files are missing that you can download.

It might be that youre using an altered file like boot.pack. Try delete that file and then go check game cache to download a vanilla boot.pack.

Another thing that might case you problem is the scriptfile. You have to enable show hidden folders to find the folder in win 7. Go to:

localhardrive "C"/user/username/Appdata/Roaming/TheCreativeAssembly/Napoleon

Delete the scriptfile and lastusedmods-file. Also delete the files in fx-cache folder.

When it comes to script files the game make these files the firt time you launch it. This might cause you problem when installing mods. You have to delete those files so that the game can make new ones based on the mod your using. Atleast i think it works that way.

Cheers
    Last edited by TheGeat; May 05, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

hey chaps im back from gamestop and installing. Well since i have had the original NTW, all this time i decided to buy the limited edition. but anyway if the mod works does anyone want to try this online. But if it doesnt work does anyone want to play just the normal version online?

IT WORKS AHAHAHAHAHHAHAH IT WORKS OMFG FRANCE HAS SO MANY UNITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM SO HAPPY ---------------->>>>>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wuby9KtiBo

Tired of TWC Arrogance

So now it's time to thank those above who helped you...

oh yeah, sorry guys for the long time gap between this and my other post but I really appreciated the help so I say again thanks.