Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map Screenshots!

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

Default Re: Map Screenshots!

that map is huge!!

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Amazing map..good luck on finishing it !

EDIT: i have a question, are you guys going to add rivers..if so are they going to be passable by ships (by making them the same as making sea) or normal vanilla rivers?

Yes sure there will be rivers for now they'll be normal rivers...because in that historical period and area the rivers didn't create any problem...even the Danube stopped the patzinaks invasion...so they'll be normal...

That map is incredible!! Is it possible to create a custom Jerusalem? I would like to use it in the film. Otherwise, I'll figure out something else.
    The die is cast...
    Unfortunately, it turned up right for Caesar, not for me.

Ehm...we are still work on how to add new buildings...anyway for now you could use the eastern cities of RTW vanilla

New screen sof the map:

Credits to =pretorian=

ANATOLIA

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Well, looking good so far (I really like the amount of distance between cities), though obviously there are a few touches to add yet! You know me Dragases, and you'll know that I can't help myself when it comes to giving out helpful criticism. So here are a few points of advice on what I see.

1. You seem to be having a little trouble with naming conventions. Do you want to use entirely Anglicised forms for city names or native spellings? At any rate, you should have:
    Nicaea/Nikaia (not Nikea)
    Constantinople/Konstantinoupolis
    Ancyra/Ankyra (I don't think that the Turkish name is appropriate in this time period)
    Dorylaeum/Dorylaion
    Iconium/Ikonion
    Sinope (I might just let you get away with Sinopi on the grounds that the 'eta' became an 'i' pronunciation in Medieval Greek)
    Caesarea/Kaisareia (Kayseri is Turkish)
    Attalia/Attaleia (Antalya is again modern Turkish)
    Tarsus/Tarsos (again, Adana is Turkish)
    Sorry to seem picky, but Anatolia at this point in time was still Greek-speaking, and Turkish place names are anachronistic.

2. Smyrna is in the wrong place. It needs to be on the coast, on the Northern side of the Erythraean peninsula.

3. Dorylaeum/Dorylaion is also in the wrong place. It needs to be much further to the West and a bit further North.

4. Tarsus/Tarsos (your 'Adana') is too far East and slightly too near the shoreline.

5. The map is maybe a little bit too bare in places. You ought to have more cities on the Aegean coast; Ephesus/Ephesos would be a very good one to have. Laodicaea/Laodikaia in Pisidia would also be good.

If you'd like any more help with cities and regions in Greece, Anatolia and the Levant, do let me know and I'd be glad to give it.

Yes sure your help is gald anyway i know the spelling of the cities isn't correct, i'm going to correct it after the map is finished

2-we'll try to put smyrna in teh right place but it's not so easy because the map_regions has a different scale from the map_heights so there are a bit of problems

3- we'll move Dorylaion to the right place

4- same of answer 3

5-yes we have in mind to add other regions: Ephesus for sure, maybe Amorion( a bit more south than Dorylaion), Eracleia Pontica( i don't know the exact greek\english name) and suggest if you would like to see other cities

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    Well, looking good so far (I really like the amount of distance between cities), though obviously there are a few touches to add yet! You know me Dragases, and you'll know that I can't help myself when it comes to giving out helpful criticism. So here are a few points of advice on what I see.

1. You seem to be having a little trouble with naming conventions. Do you want to use entirely Anglicised forms for city names or native spellings? At any rate, you should have:
    Nicaea/Nikaia (not Nikea)
    Constantinople/Konstantinoupolis
    Ancyra/Ankyra (I don't think that the Turkish name is appropriate in this time period)
    Dorylaeum/Dorylaion
    Iconium/Ikonion
    Sinope (I might just let you get away with Sinopi on the grounds that the 'eta' became an 'i' pronunciation in Medieval Greek)
    Caesarea/Kaisareia (Kayseri is Turkish)
    Attalia/Attaleia (Antalya is again modern Turkish)
    Tarsus/Tarsos (again, Adana is Turkish)
    Sorry to seem picky, but Anatolia at this point in time was still Greek-speaking, and Turkish place names are anachronistic.

2. Smyrna is in the wrong place. It needs to be on the coast, on the Northern side of the Erythraean peninsula.

3. Dorylaeum/Dorylaion is also in the wrong place. It needs to be much further to the West and a bit further North.

4. Tarsus/Tarsos (your 'Adana') is too far East and slightly too near the shoreline.

5. The map is maybe a little bit too bare in places. You ought to have more cities on the Aegean coast; Ephesus/Ephesos would be a very good one to have. Laodicaea/Laodikaia in Pisidia would also be good.

If you'd like any more help with cities and regions in Greece, Anatolia and the Levant, do let me know and I'd be glad to give it.
    Hi I'm the maker of the map.In a precedent post i sad that the names of the cities are provisional, they will be corrected.Smyrna is in the wrong place because you can't put a city near the coast because of a hardcoded stuff(the game would crash), so i put it near the sea but not on the coast. myabe i put some other cities in the wrong place but i'll correct them later
    Anyway thanks for your advise
    Last edited by =Pretorian=; July 14, 2006 at 11:36 AM.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

That's odd - in Troy Total War we managed to get cities much closer to the coast than that. In fact, I think it is actually possible to get them right on the coast. I know that we managed to get Byzantion onto the coastline in Troy Total War.

yea in the third picture theres a city next to the coast....

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Yes because i haven't added the port.If put the port near cities on the coast the map doens't work

I have tried and this time the map work (thank you for your advise)

It is a fantastic map you are building over there.

One minor nitpick. Since post 1204 there were many battles fought in mainland greece, why not add more provinces, like 2 or 3 in Peloponnese, one would be Mystra, the other Korinthos and the final Achaia...

Also you could cut Epirus in half, with the lower half having Ioannina as a capital (smile - check sig). I think you could add more provinces in the Aegean, but that is your prerogative.

Anyways, I am making a little fuss over this because all those places were important historically, and also because both Micrasia, Levante and Italy are crawling with provinces whereas lovely little hellas has just 4-5

Thank you!
    Go Minerwars Go! A 6DOF game of space mining and shooting. SAKA Co-FC, Koinon Hellenon FC, Epeiros FC. RS Hellenistic Historian K.I.S.S.

the map is still a work in progress.. i think he will be adding more

Yes i think they'll add( they because now i'm in greece in Volos in my uncle house for a month) a bit more provinces, but not to much because then the game will be only a siege one....

Hi, Dragases gave me this map to add the regions

until now i used this map to add region
    i think that the map would be better with more regions, but the relaise of the mod would be postponed of a lot of time....

how many regions in all.... some are really small so i cant see them

thoscme's Avatar Semisalis

wow!
    thats a lot of regions

Quote Originally Posted by flip2121
    how many regions in all.... some are really small so i cant see them
    there are 125 regions

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast