Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Map Screenshots!

Default Map Screenshots!

Semproniosabino , returned from his holydays, has started our map.here there is our first screen.

Thanks Sempronio!
    Last edited by dragases1453; February 26, 2006 at 05:56 AM.

Maethius's Avatar Centenarius

The scale looks like just right for some Byzantian campaigning.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime---Hemingway

"There is nothing wrong with serving in several regiments."---Nobby Nobbs

"Not if you do it during one and the same battle"---Sgt. Colon

Anyan's Avatar Civis

looking very good, anymore?

Anyan's Avatar Civis

Last edited by Anyan; March 07, 2006 at 02:52 PM.

I have a lot of other screens, but they are all wips....i'll upload only 1 or 2....

Greece

Asia Minor

Anyan's Avatar Civis

o, i see what map doing OK! but why no the high mountains? at strat&battlemap it looking very fine with it! and battlemar generic a few other way if stratmap have high mountains (i also doing maps)

Default ok

hi my friend.
    i think that in the major part of the map there's no snow during summer season. this is the reason of my choice.
    personally i dont' like to see snow on the sicilian's mountains in sumer season or something like this because i think this is not realism.
    anyway i'll put the snow in the right areas using the proper climates.
    is this ok?
    bye.

MEDIEVAL TOTAL WAR ITALIA moderator

i see you've got it started without me then... sorry i couldn't do more but i was busy but what you've got so far is looking great! but i also think that some parts of the mountains should be represented bigger... but it is your mod! i will be downloading regardless

GMM
    [LEFT]Blue Lotus
    zulu tw trait/ancilliary progress-bar: (*******___________)
    Zulu Total War

Default zooming in the map

thanks for your suggestions.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by semproniosabino
    thanks for your suggestions.
    The high mountain groundtype is not there for nothing though. It exaggerates the relief on the campaign map without compromising the battle map relief. If you use only the low mountains and scale up the height differences to make them look OK on the campaign map, chances are you end up with much too high and steep mountains on the battle map.

Muizer
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer
    The high mountain groundtype is not there for nothing though. It exaggerates the relief on the campaign map without compromising the battle map relief. If you use only the low mountains and scale up the height differences to make them look OK on the campaign map, chances are you end up with much too high and steep mountains on the battle map.

Muizer
    thanks muizer.

i'm very pleasing for the suggestions all you are giving. i hope this will be useful to create a good map. i'll trying to do my best.

other suggestions?

Anyan's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by semproniosabino
    hi my friend.
    Hi!
    i think that in the major part of the map there's no snow during summer season. this is the reason of my choice.
    of course it is true, but mountain Olimpus in Grees is very high!
    i very like at you map what the low_mountains fluently transitory at hills and more in fertile - it make very interesting for tacticans landscape on the battlefield
    anyway i'll put the snow in the right areas using the proper climates.
    is this ok?.
    yes ok , other suggestions - you will be put many realy, beautifull lakes? it is look very fine at every map!

and too match water on the stratmap, this can fix if add many islands

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer
    If you use only the low mountains and scale up the height differences to make them look OK on the campaign map, chances are you end up with much too high and steep mountains on the battle map
    ye it`s also true but i doing around of high moutains dense_forest - and at battlemap fine and no steep slopes!
    Last edited by Anyan; March 09, 2006 at 01:50 PM.

Default ok

thanks.

i just want to say some things.
    the screens show a very basic map i'm doing. the crusader's guys have asked to me to create a campaign working for bi 1.6.
    so i made a very simple map, using only three ground types. the question about low or high mountains is not actually the primary problem. i only used low mountains for the relief, because i like the effect, but the mappers of the team willl put high mountains where they want, this is a very easy process. i only said my opinion about the ground types, not the opinion of the crusader team.
    about the olympus.... i have not said we dont use high mountains. i only said we dont use high mountains evrywhere. certainly the mappers of the team will make a giant olympus (and maybe a giant zeus at the top! ).
    about the lakes... i have not put lakes actually to avoid problems for the mappers of the team (boats on small lakes and so on). when the map will be ok we'll put many lakes.
    anyway this is only the first map i made for them. actually i'm making other maps (expanded to east and north), so that they can choice the map they like, when they will choice the definitive faction list and the number of cities.

bye my friends.

thanks sempronio! you are doing a great work!

Anyan's Avatar Civis

problem with ships at small lakes is easy solve - for this need only add deep water

bye!

Default wow

thanks anyan.
    this is a very good solution!
    bye my friend!

How many cities are planned to go on the map?

here there is a wip of the map regions....

Default ok

and this is the map_heights of the second map. the basic map is ready and working.

Foederatus

Nice map.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast