Thread: Kwarazham??

Default Kwarazham??

Shouldn't Kwarazham be in the game for the 1230 asia campgaign? There is a huge gap between seljuks and India and Mongolia. Wouldn't Kwarazham have been a major entity at this time? How many more factions could go into the 1230 asia campgain? I love the eastern factions and all, but then there is not a whole lot there to challenge any of them, Kwarazham could be one balance factor and affect europe , asia and africa. What about the Goryeans? or maybe go a few years before the mongols expanded that far, and bring in the rival Jamuka or the Tarters could then be added to the map as well.

Maybe you could give me a idea how to do that myself? And if it works, with your permission i could add it as a submod.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; May 03, 2011 at 11:49 AM.

Default Re: Kwarazham??

By this time (1230AD), if I remember correctly, the Khwarezm Shahanates' command structure had fallen apart, thanks to the Mongol invasion. Alal-ud-din was defeated in battle and died ignominiously on an island in the Caspian Sea, and his son, Jelal-ud-din, fled to India and raised an army, but was defeated at the Battle of the Indus in 1221. Furthermore, by this period, the Khwarezm Shahanates' capital, Samarkand, had already been captured and sacked, as had Urgench and Bukhara, throwing all of Khorasan into disorganized chaos.

So, I could adjust the start year to 1220, like the euroafroindia campaign of this mod?

Or, even better, 1200.ad.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Premongol.png

Then, you could enjoy the challenge of building the Mongol empire. All that aside, cal cap, I just wanted to know how to add that faction.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; May 05, 2011 at 05:36 PM.

As Lord-Cao-Cao stated Kwarazham had been destroyed by 1230 so it wasn't included. I thought about setting the 1230 campaign in 1220 but since I already had a 1220 campaign I felt that adding another one would just confuse people.

Currently there are no spare factions in the 1230 campaign so if you want to add another faction you have to remove an existing faction.

Feel free to make a submod set during any time period with any faction you want. If you wan to add Kwarazham to the 1230 campaign it's probably easiest to turn an existing faction into Kwarazham.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

I think it would be really cool to have genghis lead one of several mongol subfactions, leave off all but eastern europe, egypt and turkey regions to the west, and have a rise of the mongolian empire submod that starts when genghis is maybe still a faction heir.

This sort of approach to any and all mega empires or factions that have a real easy go and are vast in size, is alot more intriguing to me to play. Either in the sense it is as a smaller faction with all the realistic challenges the empire builders had to achieve that state, or, as in the case of alexander's empire, play as a territorial governer ready to be independence when or if the mother factions breaks apart or all their non regional governor leaders are killed. What all do i need to edit to create a sub mod for this, it looks a bit more confusing than your average mod to mod?

P.S.
    BTW I know Cincinnatus is misspelled, it was a typo I made when creating this account but was unable to correct. Too bad it wasn't a mistake as beneficial as creating the pretzel.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26