Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Europa 1400 AD Mod

Default Re: Europa 1400 AD Mod

looking forward to it, downloading.....

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Does it work with Darthmod?
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

thanks for great mod, but i am facing problem while loading save games (auto/manually) through u'r mod. I am playing with ottomans and initial some turns auto / manually save games are loading perfectly, but after 10th turn auto / manually save games are not loading (game crash). Although if i play continuously game runs fine.

kindly help, thanks.

Dr. Caesar's Avatar Laetus

Hey Jaimon (or anyone out there that can help) , would very much like to check out this mod, but I was hoping you could explain the install process in a little more detail. I've unziped the main file and have ByzantiumM od117, Byzantium ch002, and a startpos.esf. I know the two pack files go into the data folder, but how does the startpos.esf file work? This will be my first attempt at moding Empire:Total War , any replies would be greatly recived.

Dr. Caesar's Avatar Laetus

Well, Im getting a little further. Added the esf. file to campaign main then installed pack files to c:...\etw\ ...data. My game loads and I can choose factions; start date is at 1400 so I know I'm doing something right. But I'm getting a crash when I'm trying to start the main campaign on first load in. Ive tried deleting the script.txt , but Im missing something.

Finally got the mod to work using mod manager 1.5.
    Last edited by Dr. Caesar; October 24, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

mod manager doesn't seem to make it work for me.

I too experience a CTD when launching a campaign, but unlike Dr. Caesar I didn't get the mod to work because my Mod Manager dont work I tried launching the mod from the mod manager, but it causes an immediate crash. I need help please.

Agrez's Avatar Civis

this works on napoleon tw plz tell me

No this is only for ETW. But seriously guys, I need help, I can't get Mod Manager to work any clues?

Agrez's Avatar Civis

plz bro make it for napoleon tw

I´m having the exact same problem as jupiter93, any help.

I finally got it to work. Andferpa, tou must be sure to have EUE (Elite Units of the East) its a DLC for Empires. Without it, you will have the same problem as I did.

I have it, do you have any other tips on what you did?

Hey, sorry. My laptop with all my development data was stolen so I was out of action for a long time. Anyway the key with the startpos.esf is to put it in the data/camgpaign/main/ folder. just make sure to rename your original so you don't destroy it. Otherwise, check the two "Byz" mod PACK files with a Mod Manager and you should be good to go. The last file in the old ZIP contains unit names and does not need to be selected with the mod manager, just place the file in the data directory.

Icon10 Re: Europa 1400 AD Mod

Europa 1400 AD Mod - Patch 1.9 - Greek Fire!

Notes:
    -Marines now wear armor and wield bows.
    -France and Spain isolated to reflect their historic instability.
    -Ottomans isolated to reflect their growing, but unfulfilled potential.
    -War declared between Timurids and Ottomans.
    -Ottoman mobs transformed into Turkish Archers and Turkish Infantry.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download ZIP to data directory.
    2. unzip (ByzantiumMod119.pack, ByzantiumTech002.pack, and unit_pack_compatibility_project_v5_9.pack) to data directory.
    3. navigate to data\campaigns\main\ and rename startpos.esf to startpos.esf_original
    4. unzip (startpos.esf) to data\campaigns\main\
    5. start game with Mod Manager selecting (ByzantiumMod119.pack, ByzantiumTech002.pack)

Known Bugs:
    -this mod will only work if you have Elite Units of the East expansion. It is like $0.99, but I use the skins.
    -saved games will crash after a few turns until I make the time to fix the age of every character in the game from -250 to something rational.

Possible Additions:
    The use of cannon in naval warfare was quite rare during this period and cannon were notoriously unreliable on the ocean when used. I'm considering making galleon units extremely costly, theri cannons powerful but inaccurate, while making cannon-less galleys the mainstays of fleets.

i ve installed and played it. it looks good. but i think there should be some changes on techtree, units and portraits for now. thank you for your efforts. but how can we add some regions or some towns to regions. i did try to do so. but tutorials doesnt tell all right.

from what I understand the level of complexity in adding an additional town or region would be exponential from anything we've done before. The map is designed in a certain way with thousands of interconnecting links so the AI can make 'rational' decisions. Any modification of regions on the map apparently could cause chaos... that is if you can even get it to run.
    I'm more of a tinkerer. There are far more talented folks on these forums to turn to for that kind of development. The next area I'm going to be working on is portraits and skinning.

Might be worth adding forts (as castles) with an independent economic bonus...
    En nom Dieu! Vive le Roy! A bas la Republique!

Jaimon actualy i did add a town to anatolia region but this time it was not selectable. so i removed it.

Danya82's Avatar Tiro

There are no info about this mod, how about a good title?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast