Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods

Default Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods

Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods for Empire: Total War

Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods collection for Empire: Total War.

This Mod collection uses WALI "Warscape Added Lua Interface" WALI FOUND HERE which was originally created by .Mitch and TC of the TWCenter Community.
    This Mod collection was also inspired by the work of VadAntS of the TWCenter Community.

What this Mod adds to Empire: Total War

This Mod is intended to be a collection of mods to enhance Empire: Total War.
    Mods within the collection are:

1. Machiavelli's Battle Chronicler

Machiavelli's Battle Chronicler

This Mod adds a battle chronicler to Empire: Total War. This is a mechanism that describes and keeps track of ALL battles fought within Empire: Total War (both Player and AI battles).
    Features

• Battle events are presented to the player via messages (AI battles) and a history of all battles (both AI and Player battles) is maintained.
    • Every character maintains a history of all the battles it has participated in.
      • Can be viewed by hovering the mouse over the character portrait in character details window.

• Every unit maintains a history of all the battles it has participated in.
      • Can be viewed by opening unit details window and reading the top portion of the unit description text box.

• A history of all battles (Player and AI) is presented to the player within the Lists menu by double-clicking the "Regions" tab.

Example Messages

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battle_notification_details_2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	359247

Name:	battle_notification_sea_3.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	359258

Name:	battle_notification_land_2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	359256

Battle History List

The Battle History List shows the list of all battles that have taken place. Within the list contains these details for each battle.

Left-click battle to take you to the battle location on the campaign map. Double-click battle to show battle message pop-up.

1. Battle Name
    2. Battle Location
    3. Battle Participant Factions
    4. If Major Battle (crossed swords icon) (major battles are battles with great numbers of soldiers killed, ships lost or a settlement captured)
    5. If Siege Battle (breastworks icon)
    6. If Naval Battle (anchor icon)
    7. Battle Year
    8. Battle Turn
    9. Total Soldiers/Ships Casualties

(columns are sort-able)

Name:	battle_history_list_4.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	359257

Character Battle Histories

Character Battle Histories will be shown if you mouse over the portrait of the character of a character pop-up.

Name:	battle_history_character_2.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	359245

Unit Battle Histories

Unit Battle Histories are shown in the unit description text box of a unit pop-up.

Name:	battle_notification_details_3.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	180.9 KB 
ID:	359248

Attachment 359249

How to Install?

1. Copy all files from Github repository (unzip files) into your Empire Total War directory and overwrite. (the empire_start_wali_mach.bat file should be in the same directory as your Empire.exe file, ie: C:\Program Files (x86)\Empire Total War). I would advise to use JSGME for this.
    2. Add mod packs to your "C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts\user.empire_script.txt" file. ie: mod "mach_battle_chronicler.pack"; (each mod pack name should be on its own line)
    3. Run with empire_start_wali_mach.bat file. This will start WALI and Empire Total War, or a compatible mod launcher. Currently supported mod launchers are ACW Brother vs. Brother, Imperial Splendour and Darth Mod Empire Platinum. The .bat file will monitor if Empire.exe/Mod Launcher is running and kill WALI when Empire.exe/Mod Launcher closes.

How to know Machiavelli's Battle Chronicler is enabled?

This will appear on the campaign map screen when you start a campaign.

Name:	battle_chronicler_enabled.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	359243

Where do the battle messages appear?

In the top-left corner on the campaign map screen after a turn. (Only AI player battles will have live messages, although all battles are kept track of in the Battle History List and all battle's messages can be displayed from the Battle History List)

Name:	battle_notification_icon.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	359252

How to show the "Battle History List"?

Click on the Lists icon on the bottom right. Then Double Click the "Regions" tab, and it will transform into the "Battles" tab. Left click an entry in the Battle History List to take you to the location of the battle. Double-click an entry in the list to open its notification pop-up.

Name:	battle_history_list_1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	359253

Name:	battle_history_list_2.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	359254

Name:	battle_history_list_4.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	359257

Is it Compatible with my mods?

Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods should be compatible with ALL mods.

Found a Bug???

1. Please describe the bug.
    2. Please list any mods you are using.
    3. Please post the Mach Mod log file (the mach_lua.log file found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Empire Total War\data\WALI\Logs\mach_lua.log")
    4. Please post the Mach Mod save game file. (will be the same name as your saved game, found in "C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games\mach_mod")

Wanna Contribute?

Github Project:
    https://github.com/szmania/MACH_armchair_general_mods

Download Pre-Alpha Release Here (v0.0.4):

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Last edited by Machiavelli!; May 22, 2020 at 10:40 PM.

Default Re: Machiavelli's Armchair General Mods

<RESERVED>

<RESERVED_2>
    Last edited by Machiavelli!; August 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM.

<RESERVED_3>
    Last edited by Machiavelli!; August 19, 2019 at 11:58 PM.

What a great idea! Now we can get more attached with our units...

Originally, units were supposed to have traits on their own (e.g. Crack Shots, Boarding Party etc). Unfortunately, this was cut and I couldn't include back.
    Train your Generals at Schools -&- Ancillaries and Traits Overhaul (E:TW)

TWC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post

Originally, units were supposed to have traits on their own (e.g. Crack Shots, Boarding Party etc). Unfortunately, this was cut and I couldn't include back.
    Yeah, the idea is to build more immersion with units as you progress through a campaign. There is nearly a whole world of AI events taking place that now the player has a small glimpse of what's taking place, via these courier messages. You can also gauge how well other factions are doing. Are your allies winning their battles? Are your neutrals losing their battles? What factions are in a vulnerable spot?

Comments most welcome. Any issues?

So i did everything I could to make the procedure right but: I don't receive the message of confirmation when entering the game and when I click on the region every region is now New Jersey Atlanta and if I click on one of the regions it crashes

Quote Originally Posted by Jakko55 View Post
    So i did everything I could to make the procedure right but: I don't receive the message of confirmation when entering the game and when I click on the region every region is now New Jersey Atlanta and if I click on one of the regions it crashes
    Thank you for trying this mod.

Please attach log file and your mach mod save game file. What mods are you using?

1. Please list any mods you are using.
    2. Please post the log file. The mach_lua.log file. (found in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Empire Total War\data\WALI\Logs\mach_lua.log")
    3. Please post the Mach Mod save game file. (will be the same name as your saved game, found in "C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\save_games\mach_mod")

I would like to play your mod but can't seem to get it to run. I started the empire start wali the game loads up and says wali has failed and has code 1 error. when I look at error log it says failed to find Empire exe command or something. I even used the jsgme and made a mod folder and still can't get it to run.

I'll check user script to make sure it has wali mach in it

says in top left it's enabled maybe I'll fight a battle to see what happens maybe it's because I haven't fought any battles ?

I finally got it to read wali is working but then tried to fight a battle it crashed lol.
    Last edited by Leonardo; November 30, 2019 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Consecutive posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriordude View Post
    I would like to play your mod but can't seem to get it to run. I started the empire start wali the game loads up and says wali has failed and has code 1 error. when I look at error log it says failed to find Empire exe command or something. I even used the jsgme and made a mod folder and still can't get it to run.

I'll check user script to make sure it has wali mach in it

says in top left it's enabled maybe I'll fight a battle to see what happens maybe it's because I haven't fought any battles ?

I finally got it to read wali is working but then tried to fight a battle it crashed lol.
    The battle ctd bug has been fixed. Please download: https://github.com/szmania/MACH_armc...ses/tag/v0.0.2

Hello,

Modding has grown immensely over the years, and entire communities have formed across the internet for the sake of it. Modding has introduced an entire element of creative implementation, and allows talented individuals to share their creations for the world to enjoy.

Well, the term mod is derived from the act of modifying a game. To mod a game is to create custom levels, assets, characters, or even unique or stand-alone games from an existing game engine. Many games come with an editor that allow for modding. A person who mods a game is called a modder.

Some of the earliest mods for video games were created back within the DOOM era of PC gaming, known as WADs (Where's All the Data). These provided players with interesting and unique changes within the vanilla engine. Even today, DOOM has a strong modding community filled with a wide variety of diverse and intriguing mods for all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post

Agreed. It's like what I do when playing RTW or BI, see how a general or agents gain ancillaries or traits.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Can I play this with Darthmod ?

Quote Originally Posted by Soap Mactavish View Post
    Can I play this with Darthmod ?
    You should be able to, yes.

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Can it work with VadAntS Desease Mod?
    Used the bat and entered well and VDM is working, but your mod is not showing.

does showing the log help in sorting it out? https://www.dropbox.com/s/7o0li7b5pa...20Log.txt?dl=0

I just tried it ant this is really cool. Thanks!

Fahnat's Avatar Biarchus
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I can't seem to install this mod currectly, it doesn't work for me.
    Could someone maybe explain in detail how to install it, because i believe i made exactly as the instructions says but it doesn't show anything.

Tried with vanilla and at least like this the message shows, but it also says that WALI has failed due to error code 1. I really hope someone can help me with making this mod work for me.
    Last edited by Fahnat; January 07, 2020 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by harmander View Post
    I just tried it ant this is really cool. Thanks!
    Awesome. Share your experiences with it please and any bugs you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    I can't seem to install this mod currectly, it doesn't work for me.
    Could someone maybe explain in detail how to install it, because i believe i made exactly as the instructions says but it doesn't show anything.

Tried with vanilla and at least like this the message shows, but it also says that WALI has failed due to error code 1. I really hope someone can help me with making this mod work for me.
    Thanks for posting the log. But this is the log for WALI only. The log for my mod is located right next to the WALI log:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Empire Total War\data\WALI\Logs\mach_lua.log"

I noticed the region names appear to be in Russian? This may be a cause, but I am unsure until I get the mach_lua.log file.

Thanks for trying the mod! Looking forward to your response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast