Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sengoku Unit cards

Default Re: Sengoku Unit cards

In campaign it does not work for me for units added through AUM-SHO mod - they have default background. Units available in vanilla campaign are affected by this mod as they should be, so I had to install it correctly.

Ralendil's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Any chance for a Radious Units mod compatible version? (if it even is needed? does it work anyway with his new units?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uszaty View Post
    In campaign it does not work for me for units added through AUM-SHO mod - they have default background. Units available in vanilla campaign are affected by this mod as they should be, so I had to install it correctly.
    For both of you, I added a tutorial to install it with an other mod. You can find it in the first post of this thread.

Btw, the mod has been updated to version 1.12
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Current Mod for S2TW: Sengoku Unit Cards

I did it exactly like in your tutorial last time. I've just tried latest AUM-SHO and your mod. Now it works perfectly for every single unit except Naginata Ashigaru (Oda and Hattori versions do not work too). I do not have any mods that do anything to this unit(s). Messing a little bit with unit stats in AUM-SHO shouldn't affect your mod, I believe.

Other than that, your mod is great, though I think that the unit icons are not visible enough on that colorful background

Quote Originally Posted by Uszaty View Post
    I did it exactly like in your tutorial last time. I've just tried latest AUM-SHO and your mod. Now it works perfectly for every single unit except Naginata Ashigaru (Oda and Hattori versions do not work too). I do not have any mods that do anything to this unit(s). Messing a little bit with unit stats in AUM-SHO shouldn't affect your mod, I believe.

Other than that, your mod is great, though I think that the unit icons are not visible enough on that colorful background
    I guess Aum-sho added it with a new name...
    Will check it tommorrow

Thanks for the report
    Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god.
    Jean Rostand

Very nice unit cards....

This is a very awesome mod! Thanks for the hard work.

My creative input: any chance you could combine your style of cards with one of the character portrait mods? That would be a very nice addition!

Quote Originally Posted by Skibbles View Post
    This is a very awesome mod! Thanks for the hard work.

My creative input: any chance you could combine your style of cards with one of the character portrait mods? That would be a very nice addition!
    yes I could... however I am not confortable with the images used in these mods that are surely under copyright...

see:
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-3h5t.html = Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...r-70-2hlz.html = Portrait mod

but I can upload the blank card if you need them to do it for your personal use...
    Jean Rostand

Oh bummer. I had no idea those portraits were taken like that. Oh well, it was just a suggestion. Thanks for the offer though!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralendil View Post

Haha this banner makes it look like you have made a Shogun 2 Trading Card Game.

This is, by far, my favorite unit card mod. Will it be updated to allow for the new ikko ikki units? I got the DLC and noticed their cards are all boring and normal.

I'd really like someone to make a new unit card for the Ikko Ikki yari and bow ashigaru, so I can quickly distinguish bewteen them and the the normal units (which Ikki get in sieges / from revolts etc).

Ok, I have seen the problem

Will check to correct that as soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jace11 View Post
    I'd really like someone to make a new unit card for the Ikko Ikki yari and bow ashigaru, so I can quickly distinguish bewteen them and the the normal units (which Ikki get in sieges / from revolts etc).
    Will check if I can do that...
    Jean Rostand

Mod is updated
    I corrected the problem with Ikko-Ikki units and made ashigaru ikko-ikki units with a green kanji (see preview in first post)
    Jean Rostand

is it just me or does this NOT work in battles and only in world map?

Quote Originally Posted by Vitoondiet View Post
    is it just me or does this NOT work in battles and only in world map?
    sorry but yes...

proof:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Ralendil; June 01, 2011 at 05:27 AM.
    Jean Rostand

any idea what could be wrong? i did everything the read me said.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitoondiet View Post
    any idea what could be wrong? i did everything the read me said.
    do you use any other mod ?
    when you talk about battles, is it battles in campaign or in multiplayer ? (must admit I ve never used multiplayer)
    what is displayed in the battles ? (if you have a screenshot it would be better)
    Jean Rostand

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hello Ralendil, i like your work here, well done, and i'll soon give it a go to use your cards mod for the S2R+ mod, which is in movie format, i hope i can implement your mod format files into the S2R+ file structure without issues (full credits will be given anyway).

Question: Would you have time and fun to create 8 more cards, for custom unit additions in S2R+ ? As reference, here is the link to a S2R+ unit guide, post 3 describes additonal units, and some of them need a different card (custom: 3 Yari Ashigaru, 2 Arquebuse Nanban, 3 upcoming catholic Samurai), http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...t-Guide%28s%29

I'll check the thread here later, or if you have an account for .org, just visit us there, if you like.

Edit: Wait, as Oda and Hattori have as well their own Yari Ashigaru (but can use also the default Yari Ashigaru in this mod), i would need separate cards for them as well. While those different Yari Ashigaru cards (faction specific) could be made simple, ie. different colour points (the colour circle on the breast and helmet) to make a difference visible, or maybe better for those custom units, coloured kanji as you did for Ikko Ikki?

Edit: I just found, that if i simply make your mod movie format, it works without issues, as every other cards mod in movie format, maybe offer your mod also in movie format, that might make things easier for your mod users. One issue i found with Sword Ashigaru Ikko Ikki are displayed with a buggy Bow Ashi card in the recruitment slot, but that might be my mod issue (i'll look into this, ie. how it is in vanilla).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 08, 2011 at 05:44 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Sorry for the late answer, but I was not at home...
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Question: Would you have time and fun to create 8 more cards, for custom unit additions in S2R+ ? As reference, here is the link to a S2R+ unit guide, post 3 describes additonal units, and some of them need a different card

Edit: Wait, as Oda and Hattori have as well their own Yari Ashigaru (but can use also the default Yari Ashigaru in this mod), i would need separate cards for them as well. While those different Yari Ashigaru cards (faction specific) could be made simple, ie. different colour points (the colour circle on the breast and helmet) to make a difference visible, or maybe better for those custom units, coloured kanji as you did for Ikko Ikki?
    Yes I can, however I would need the pictures cause I just used existing images. And to be honest I am not a drawer...

Edit: I just found, that if i simply make your mod movie format, it works without issues, as every other cards mod in movie format, maybe offer your mod also in movie format, that might make things easier for your mod users.
    No, it doesn't... It would work with a big issue...
    you could not use it with an another mod that has unit cards within... (check instructions to install it with an other mod)
    Movie attribute can create serious conflicts between mods, that's why the mod attribute exists.

One issue i found with Sword Ashigaru Ikko Ikki are displayed with a buggy Bow Ashi card in the recruitment slot, but that might be my mod issue (i'll look into this, ie. how it is in vanilla)
    yes it is...
    Jean Rostand

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Ralendil View Post
    Sorry for the late answer, but I was not at home...

Yes I can, however I would need the pictures cause I just used existing images. And to be honest I am not a drawer...

No, it doesn't... It would work with a big issue...
    you could not use it with an another mod that has unit cards within... (check instructions to install it with an other mod)
    Movie attribute can create serious conflicts between mods, that's why the mod attribute exists.

yes it is...
    Now sorry for my late answer. I was focusing on other sites.

Well, i'll release soon an update S2R+ version 1.98. There i would like to introduce the Sengoku cards, in the way that your mod pack is contained in a separate Addon folder which comes with the S2R+ folder (the Addon folder will contain also 3 gameplay mods, perhaps some other fx mods, too), as said, of course full credits granted. Your card mod style helps the realism immersion as no other card mod can, imo..

And then, for the next 2 public updates (1.99 and then 2.0 will be final), i would like to reach the steps to have the additional unit cards (also as for then more added units). We can still discuss the how and when, maybe if you have the time and lust, visit my .org forum (see signature link).
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 24, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast