Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

I think I know what's wrong, but could you upload all log files somewhere? I'd like to check something to make sure if I'm right.

Under the patronage of m_1512

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lkue2a
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/c1325a
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/b2ysoe
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/v29knl
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/gr0yyc

Obviously, when I went back to recreate the problem, the original files that related to the earlier log I posted were replaced. The current log file is 99 MB. I will be uploading when it is finished. Here are the support logs.

Thanks!

Okay, the good news is that I've found source of the problem. Thank you very much for reporting it.

The bad news is that one of the scripts is apparently broken; it's actually a silly first version of a script that I wanted to put there. Why it made it's way to the release - I can only blame myself.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Now, the milk is spoiled and we got to do something about it. I'm not sure when I'll be able to fix the script. I hoped to do this today, but I can't find its working version; it's possible it landed in the trash. In that case I'll have to recreate it and then test it, and that takes time.

The only solution I see until release of a quickfix is to use console command:

Code:
    add_money turks, 100000
    Just put that missing amount of money, it won't be a cheat. If it comes to faction, for you those will be turks, but it may be that other fans will start reporting the same bug, so for them it will be different faction (you can learn about their codenames in descr_strat.txt).

I'll try to fix that asap. Sorry again.

No worries. It's a great mod and I really appreciate all the work that you all have done to make it so. Just a couple of questions........

Will it stop eventually or will I have to add the money back turn after turn? I have run it at a depreciating rate for at least 8 turns.

Will you post here when the fix is in so that I will know or should I be looking elsewhere?

Thanks for all your help!!

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

i re-installed the game (2.3 and 2.3.2) and still i have the same problem (voices and music from vanilla).2.3 is fine,i don't have any specific issues,but when i install 2.3.2 then i have that ''sound'' problem.that problem happened (i guess) because i opened that file: descr_campaign_db and i changed the word ''false'' of that file: <can_build_forts bool="false"/> to ''true'' in order to have buildable permanent forts.when i found out the sound problem,i changed the file's name to his original aka ''true'' to ''false'' but i still got the problem.i re-installed the 2 games twice and the problem exists only in 2.3.2 what can i fix that? thanks in advance
    Last edited by zburanuki; February 07, 2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmarcthro View Post
    Will it stop eventually or will I have to add the money back turn after turn? I have run it at a depreciating rate for at least 8 turns.
    I'm afraid it will never stop, but you don't have to enter the command each time - the console remembers the commands and you can scroll between them using "up arrow" key (one of cursor keys); when there's your turn, just open the console and hit the button, choose command and hit enter. You have to enter the command first time, though, and only after that it will be stored in the console.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarcthro View Post
    Will you post here when the fix is in so that I will know or should I be looking elsewhere?
    It will be attached to 2.3.2 release post.
    Quote Originally Posted by zburanuki View Post
    i re-installed the game (2.3 and 2.3.2) and still i have the same problem (voices and music from vanilla).
    I don't know, to be honest. 2.3.2 doesn't touch any sound files, so it's hard to say what's wrong with your installation. Besides, no one else has posted similar problem so far. Are you sure you haven't modified any sound file? Descr_campaign_db has nothing to do with sound, so that's not it.

zburanuki's Avatar Ducenarius

no no for sure i didn't touch any sound file,the only change i made was that.can anyone from bc team send me in pm all his sounds files to copy them? i don't know if it's a solution but i want try also that.thanks for the reply.

I have a CTD while the turn roll. After the Rebels have the turn and turn comes to me (Seljuks of Irak), a CTD occurs.

The CTD seem to be repeatable, I had this in turn 7 or 8; at 16th, and now at 19th.
    Usually, I couldn't pass the turn that CTD corrupted turns; but at turn 16th, when I designated my merchant to another direction, miraculously the turn passed and I could played after 16th. I hoped it ended, but now, it is continuing...

If you would ask, my operating system capable of playing high-end computer games at medium-high settings.
    I am using English version of the game.

I am also using Germanicu5' ReallyBadAI script (the only modify reason on campaign_script)
    I changed family informations of Seljuks. But they seem to be ok.
    Also have other minor modifications like using custom musics, custom loading screens, three new units, that's all. But I was using and playing them for a long time.

So I have the problem after my new game (after 2.3; it is 2.3.2)

But still I can not say the problem's main source. If you can look at the logs and suggest me where to look or what can I modify, I would be grateful.

My logs:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/njajrp

The log isn't very helpful, unfortunately, and given that you have heavily modified some files, adding some names etc., it's pretty hard to investigate the issue without a possibility to browse through your files.

The reason of CTD during turn could be, for example, wrongly assigned name (e.g. it's in descr_names it's Muhammad, but in names it's {muhammad} or {Mohammad}, and you have a crash). It could be also something linked with Germanicu5's files.

There are many possibilities, and certainly this is not exclusively related to 2.3 or its patches.

You are right. But before these crashes, I was also using those modifies and there was any problem. After I patched to 2.3.2, I ony changed the family and deleted the Arabic/Persian origined names in the Seljuk like Dubais, Bahram. Because when I had included the names, I was experiencing CTDs, so I decided to use the old ones, but with an important overhaul and a decrease of inappropriate names. After the overhaul (not including any new names or other things), I could play the game; for this reason, I was encountering more Turkic-Seljuk origined names. But still, I don't know the error's main reason, this is, or some AI scripts, or what...

In the end, I don't want to return to the back again with conquering a very large amount of rebel cities once more...

Another CTD (status same):
    http://uploaded.to/file/o3k7m9ax

But this one's log is not very long, comparing to the previous (that was massive - 30 minutes of activities, this one is 2.5 minutes and CTD). Perhaps you would look that again.

Really appreciate your work on the quickfix. I just had one observation that I wanted to share. Did you test the Georgians? I am curious because the first game that I tried to play was a campaign as Georgia. I seemed to be losing money right from the start at an alarming rate. I wanted to make sure I removed all of the variables so I started a new game. I disbanded all troops except for generals and spent all available money on income improvements. By the 3rd turn I was losing about 4500 dollars per turn. I went ahead and played with it a little...cheating money here and there, constantly adding income improvement. with no army. By the turn 50 I was still losing around 5 grand per turn with all improvements and no army. I even had difficulty set to medium. I have tried some other factions at various skill levels and there appears to be an increased difficulty at every level to generate income. Just curious if anyone else is seeing this and if you might be able to see if you notice anything with the Georgains.

I did not download a new 2.3.2. I had the most recent version from feb 03 installed. I just put the quickfix where instructed and played.

Thank you for looking into this and once again, thanks for your work.

I don't think you have been clear enough about what you have and what you haven't installed, but:

1. 2.3.2.1 works only with 2.3.2 installed.

2. I'm not sure if you are aware that with AI settlement managment option enabled the AI uses your money to develop settlements in which you have no governors. So, I think constant loss of money relates to that, not to any bug or something - as for Georgians, they have no general in Telavi, and if you don't disable AI management in settlement's managment chart (or in faction selection menu before starting a campaign), AI just builds a building for 5000 dinars there, thus the loss.

I've checked it, there's no other and unexpected loss of money for Georgians.

mager420's Avatar Laetus

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8624/25869694.jpg can any one help me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Check this post and that thread in general.

mager420's Avatar Laetus

thank you .... i actually install the 3 part in wrong files ..... my mistake ..... not yours ... and i really like BC mod !! +rep

Famine's Avatar Laetus

I have a small problem (probably due to my stupidity...wouldn't be first time), when I run the BC2.3 from the folder it brings up the default M2TW launcher but without BC showing up in the selections, and when I select Medieval II Total War it loads the BC screen and says it encountered an unspecified error and C'sTD. Can anyone help me with my potentially trivial problem?

Famine's Avatar Laetus

I should point out that I have steam and W7 which haven't been a problem so far.

Icon5 Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

-Name of your issue (Don't be creative - be specific!)
    CTD in the first turn while transitioning to battle map.

-Is CTD repeatable? (Try to run the saved game, several times to try to repeat the issue)
    yes

-Did CTD occur during the a) year turn b) Strategy map activates c) Battle map activates d) can't start the c)

-What is you operating system
    windows 7 ultimate SP1

-What language version of the game do you have?
    English

-What year are you playing when CTD occurred?
    1174 (first turn).I tried to go into battle in the 2nd and 3rd turns and the same happened.What's more I can't start any battle at all(e.g. custom battle,quick battle)

-What faction do you play?
    Oman.(I tried with Romans first,and the same problem occured..)

-What faction is creating the CTD (if known, leave speculations to your comments)
    As I've said,it seems to be a root problem and not faction-specific

-Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!):
    see above.If there is something I could add,it's that when I try to initiate bc as an admin,it fails to find kingdoms.exe. However,when I start the game without that step,it loads without problem.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fz1zfw