Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

What does it mean that it crashes? Could you describe it?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Good day.
    I have encountered quite a strange problem: I read the installation instructions, but had no chance to follow them - I failed even to launch the installer. Each of three mod installers cannot be launched: Windows Explorer gets stuck just after double click with "not responding" status and HD lamp burning permanently.
    Even the Task Manager is unable to shut down the process - Reset is the only way to get rid of it.
    I use WinXP SP3 with 3 GB of physical memory and even more of virtual one. There are much more than 4 GB of free HD space left after installers' downloading.

I downloaded the installer files several times from different sources, including torrents, but with the same result. It's the fist time I meet such a fail in MTW.
    Has anybody already come across the similar problem?
    Thank you in advance.

It's normal behaviour of installers which are that big. Your machine needs time to process the data, and you have to wait until it finishes; whole process can take few minutes, so be patient.

when ever i try to play the game i get an error message saying the program can't start because mss32.dll is missing from your computer

Go to your Medieval2 folder (for example: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War) and look for the mss32.dll. Is is there?

Name of your issue: CTD when hitting the end of turn button.
    Is CTD repeatable? Yes
    Did CTD occur during the : End of turn button hit then CTD
    What is you operating system: Win 7 / 64 Bit
    What language version of the game do you have? English UK gold
    What year are you playing when CTD occurred? 1292
    What faction do you play? Abbasids
    What faction is creating the CTD (Rome runs really slow but crashed on Georgia)
    Briefly describe the issue and add comments. Game was working without flaw. Came to this year and can not get around it.
    Provide link to your log file after the issue has happened. How to extract log file:
    Go to “...your local drive...SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs”
    Grab the copy of your log files Cant find a log file...Help please. Thank You!!

Sorry found the log file....Hope this works.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5c83rv

The log file is empty.

You have to launch saved game again and reach that CTD, and then send the log.

Here it is and thank you for responding.....

http://www.sendspace.com/file/tpz693

It's clean anyway, no error message, which means it can be anything, like wrongly coded name or other hard to track detail. It's spoils the game, but doesn't leave a trace, unfortunately...

You could try to go back few (5-9) turns and replay them, hoping that configuration of data will be different. It may help, but nothing is sure.

Thanks for taking a look. I am curious if I have the latest version of the game. Is there a way to tell. I downloaded 2.3 from the main page but I saw where a 2.3.1 was supposed to be issued and even a 2.3.2. Could any of these possibly help me? Thanks again!!

2.3.2 won't help you, because it's savegame incompatible with 2.3. So, even if the cause of your CTD was accidentaly removed in 2.3.2, you can't make use of it in your current game.

Hi,
    I have a weird problem- I don´t know how to launch the mod... I followed the instructions (installed MTW2, Kingdoms-only Britania, 1.05 patch), BC 2.3. (all three parts, I have a mods/Broken_Crescent_kingdoms folder as it should be), then the 2.3.2 patch but now I dont know how to launch the game... I can launch MTW2, Britania but there is no .exe for the BC2... Please help...
    Thanks...

There should be a shortcut to BC on your desktop. Don't you have it?

I unticked the option to create a schortcut... So I uninstalled each part of BC and installed it again WITH the option to create a shortcut... Now the game is running ok!

Great! Enjoy playing.

I downloaded version 2.3.2 and began a new game. I am playing as the Seljuks Rum. I got to 1223 AD. At the end of the turn I hit the end turn button. As the civilizations scroll across the top I can see my money being systematically reduced. In a little over 3 turns I accumulated -201000 in debt. I went to look at the log files and there were 8 of them. Not sure which file would help but they are all extremely large. Any help that you can give would be greatly appreciated. Do you want links to all of the log files?

Thanks Again!!

Here is the main log file. It is over 11 MB:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ayp0bc

Thank you and great job on the mod!

Are you sure that's 201 000 of debt, not 20 100 or something like that? There's no script that could be broken and take such amount of money in "a little over 3 turns". 10 turns, that could be the case.

Also, could you describe strategic situation - are you waging any war, is any of your settlement besieged, are you besieging any settlement?

One more question: have you installed 2.3.2 on clean (no submods) 2.3?

I'll investigate this issue this evening.

Sorry, I meant a little over three years. I went from about negative 20 000 in year 1292 to over 200 000 negative in year 1295. I was surprised to see the 20 000 show because nothing had changed like a plague or anything. That is when i started paying attention to what was happening as I pushed the end turn.

I am currently in a war with the Kingdom of Jerusalem. No other faction. We have been at war off and on throughout the game. There were no plague notifications during the loss of money. I was not besieging anyone at that moment nor being besieged by anyone. I have gone back to an earlier save to try and recreate. This time I made peace with Jerusalem and made it to year 1224 with no issues. At turn 124, I lost 185 000 in a single turn. As the factions were scrolling across the top, I noticed my money amount continuously going down. The only thing I noticed at the end of the turn was that the Ayyubids had dropped a spy into Antioch but the money for the city was the same in the new year

My install is very clean. I had just upgraded my CPU and done a factory install of my PC. No submods at all. Just a clean 2.3 with a 2.3.2 boost. Thanks for all your help and time.