Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Default Re: BC 2.3 Problem reporting !!READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE REPORTING!!

Is it normall that I dont have other factions to choose besides Seliuc turks and mongols in CUSTOM BATTLES?

You mean this?

yeah thanks ...I think sb need to deltee this...cause its a duplicate

SuleymanGroznii's Avatar Libertus

• Only Mongols and Seljuks show in custom battle, with either 1 unit or no units available for selection
    • Is issue repeatable? Yes. I have installed and reinstalled everything 4 times with the same result
    • What year are you in? N/A
    • What faction do you play? N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. I followed the directions very carefully several times and ended up with only two factions being available in custom battle (Mongols and Seljuks), with no units being available. Also (I know, I am not the most savvy with M2TW mods...) I'm not sure if I should unpack or not unpack the base game or Kingdoms, or if I should install all of the Kingdoms campaigns. I've tried all variations and keep getting the same result.
    • BTW, I have Win 7 but I'm pretty experienced at getting around its issues
    • Provide Screenshot if applicable

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

All you have to do is to choose "All" under Era menu. All factions and units will be available in custom battles then.

Under the patronage of m_1512

SuleymanGroznii's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    All you have to do is to choose "All" under Era menu. All factions and units will be available in custom battles then.
    Oh...right...! I knew that. I was just testing YOU!

this is isn't embarrassing at all, in case you're wondering.

Oh, and thanks a ton. That was totally driving me crazy. I just got Kingdoms the other day for this mod, so I've course I uninstalled BC 2.0 and M2TW before I read the instructions...D'OH! After going through the unpacker and all of that again, seeing nothing was a major downer. Again, Thank you very, very much.
    Last edited by SuleymanGroznii; October 06, 2011 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Forget to thank him

Hello. I am currently installing BC 2.3, and there has been 3 files that could not be installed.
    I forgot to note down the first one, but right now the installer says this:

C:\Program Files(x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\loading_screen\loading_screen_10.tga
    An error occurred while trying to read the source file:
    The source file is corrupted.

I read the instructions.
    The installation did not complete yet. (I'm doing it as we speak, I just chose ''Ignore'' the problem in the installer.)
    The first install file is 986 MB
    My system is Windows Vista service pack 2 64-bit operated system
    The version of the game I have is english

Does somebody knows anything about this?

It may be that downloading process was unsuccessful, and one or more of packages are corrupted now; it may be that User Account Control passed through all files but those three. Not having one loading screen isn't problem at all - there are others, so you won't notice any loss.

You've mentioned three files but pointed out only one - if those other are more important you may not be able to run the mod. In such case I suggest re-installation of M2TW and all mods outside Program Files directory (you should have done that in the first place!).

The generals don't die of age:
    I have read that this is not a bug and I understand your point, but my eastern roman emperor lived for 110 years (till I killed him - sending him in a suicide mission) and I have some generals over 100 years. None of my generals have died of age after 100 turns. This is a little odd, I think.
    Is this going to be adjusted in the new patch?

Actually, it is a bug - a mistake during assigning values. Yes, it will be fixed.

H Con's Avatar Senator

If a Roman, Georgian or Armenian general rebels, he'll be silver in battle.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

I'm getting a rather strange CTD error:

• Name of your issue: game runs about 1/3 of the way through the loading bar then CTDs with no errors or warning message
    • Is CTD repeatable? I tried reinstalling the mod and continued to experience the error.
    • Did CTD occur during: the loading bar - again perhaps 1/3 of the way through.
    • What is you operating system - Windows 7
    • What language version of the game do you have? English
    • What year are you playing when CTD occurred? N/A
    • What faction do you play? It happened with multiple factions, but other mods continue to work fine.
    • What faction is creating the CTD : N/A
    • Briefly describe the issue and add comments. (Be specific and detailed!): I've never seen this before, not sure what could be causing it. Log comes up clean on error, and nothing jumps out at me on trace. I had opened the game fine a few days ago but when I tried to reopen again today the error occured. I redownloaded all three files and reinstalled the mod completely, but on first run the same thing happened.

Could you attach your log, please?

Sure thing.

One more question: does the problem concern loading a savegame or is it appear during starting a campaign (no matter the faction of choice)?

• Broken Swordsmen
    • Repeatable
    • Any year
    • Any faction
    • As you mentioned earlier, 1h swordsman animations often don't work; the attack passes through the enemy harmlessly. You also said the problem went away after you removed the BC animation pack. Would this work for 2.02? Would I need to replace the animation pack with anything?
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.

The animation issue has been finally resolved by Taiji, and a fix will be included in 2.3.2.

2.3.2 will be released this year, that's for sure, and maybe within a month. It takes so long, because of different issues and because I want also deal with AI spamming stacks later in game (additional scripts are required for that, and scripting needs testing, and testing needs a lot of time).

I'm not really sure if removal will work for 2.02 (2.3 uses the same animations, so there is no difference, really), but I'm afraid it won't, because of elephants' animations. It's very likely you will get CTD each time you start a battle with Rajputs/as Rajputs.

I'd advice a bit more patience, I think 2.3.2 is worth waiting, though it's a small patch.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    One more question: does the problem concern loading a savegame or is it appear during starting a campaign (no matter the faction of choice)?
    Starting a campaign, no matter the faction. It's happened with Rum Seljuks, Byzantines, and Georgia all in the same place on the loading bar.

Well, yes, I've completely forgotten that we had such a case already, and solution is mentioned in OP. I could recall it and spare you the trouble with those reinstallations. Sorry.

Just remove these lines from BC's .cfg file:

[io]
    file_first = true

...and everything should work now.

Part 1 of the installer from the torrent file crashes when I attempt to run the installer. The download from megaupload does not seem to work either.
    I have tried downloading multiple times in case it was a corrupt download, but I encounter the same problem each time.